« Back to All Topics
Any mod care to enlighten us...
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Only reason I'm doing this thread is to try and stop the rumor's of bad mods, don't take that the wrong way I've known a few bad mods (but haven't been on in awhile and two of them we're fired) but that isn't the point.  Perm bans do go through OP correct?  I believe this was covered awhile ago but I can't be bothered with the dodgy search system.  If I recall all mods can do is demerit and possibly temp ban?

***Please only those who know without a doubt the correct answer to the above questions respond, I really don't feel like watching this become a "this and that" post.  Thank you***

Your comment is correct, Moderators
 cannot perm ban subbed nicks, only
 temp ban for upto 72 hours & upto
 720 hour demerits, however, we can
 perm ban any non sub nick (when we 
 have cause to).

Macca36 (FlyOrDie Moderation Team Member) 

Thank you Macca, this thread can be closed now.
It should also be mentioned that should we feel a subscribed name is deserving of a permanent ban, we are able to recommend such action is taken by the admins of the site.

Such requests are rarely refused.
i ave a qs? wat if u was reported 2 OP by a moderator and u did nothin wrong and had no proof do they always take mods words 4 it or is the matter looked in2?
though not a mod, i will still answer this.  if i am wrong, i'm sure a mod will correct me.  a mod will not request anyone be banned without proof that you deserve it.  they will not take someone's word that "you were acting up", without proof by screenshot or any other means that shows you disobeyed the rules.
--jason
TYhe bottom line here is that regardless of your subscription status you CAN be permanently banned if the situation warrants it.

The admins are ultimately responsible for any permanent bans of subscribed names, so don't bother asking moderators about it.