« Back to All Topics
magic nubs
magic nubs
magic nubs
Why oh why are people still dumping magic nubs off the market, some people price nubs slightly higher as they want to save them to build with.  I don't understand why people think they have the right to do this, what a waste, its a good job there are to many nubs when people have to do silly things like this.
Hi Lucy,

Same thing happened to me, I am now leaving characters in the market with the nubs on them as a way of storing. At the moment I do not think it is a case of deliberate bumping, it's just more than 20 people killing them on TA so all the slots are filled at 100%.

Hopefully when V and others start to build again the problem will resolve itself.

KmS

>Why oh why are people still dumping magic nubs off the market
because that's where they can be sold to other builders, or stored til the owner wants to build.
>some people price nubs slightly higher as they want to save them to build with. I don't understand why people think they have the right to do this
why do they have the right?  because they can.
>what a waste
it is not a waste to store nubs on the market, as i just explained people put them there to either sell to others or store til they're ready to build.  the waste only occurs if you put on more nubs to store than your house will hold, in case they do get bumped.  but the majority of people who store have so much house space that no nubs will get lost even if the nubs are bumped.
>its a good [thing] there are to many nubs when people have to do silly things like this.
well, as i've explained, what you described is not silly, but smart.  but it is good that we have more than enough nubs, since some unfortunately do get bumped to houses without enough space, or newer characters build a stone, not knowing what it's for, and since it can't be sold, they have to throw it out.
hope those answered your comments/questions.  enjoy :)
--jason
So, I'm confused.  Are there more than enough nubs available to build all the buildings on TA?    

Or... 

are the nubs going to run out before all of the buildings get built?

What's the truth?
Inquiring minds want to know!  :D
Jason, you misunderstood it, as I did when I first read it.

He meant to say why do people bump nubs off the market?
>Are there more than enough nubs available to build all the buildings on TA? Or... are the nubs going to run out before all of the buildings get built?
there are more than enough, but if we keep losing them (bumping to houses that can't hold them or people making stones who can't use them and then have to discard) at the rate we have been, then there won't be enough.

>you misunderstood it, as I did when I first read it.  He meant to say why do people bump nubs off the market?
in that case, kms (first reply) answered fairly well... the market only has so many slots (20 is the number i've heard) so if they are full, and one more person has nubs they want to either sell or store, they must post at under the highest current bid, and then the highest bid gets their nubs bumped.  yes, sometimes people do it intentionally (some robbers, so they can go to houses looking for them), but often it's just because they want theirs there, not realizing others are being bumped.

--jason
It is my firm belief that as long as there are TA monsters to fight, there will be magic nubs.;)
silver as said in my study there is a limited number of nubs and like most other things in life they dont last forever ;)
>It is my firm belief that as long as there are TA monsters to fight, there will be magic nubs.
true, but there will not always be ta monsters to fight.
--jason
while there is a limited supply of nubs, i'm sure there are more than enough nubs to complete construction of all buildings on TA even allowing for many nubs to be lost to the market. there are plenty of squares on TA that have no buildings and thousands and thousands of monsters to be killed. however, we should not be reckless. while i do not think we'll run out of nubs, we should exercise some common sense. 

mat def
>i'm sure there are more than enough nubs to complete construction of all buildings on TA even allowing for many nubs to be lost to the market. there are plenty of squares on TA that have no buildings and thousands and thousands of monsters to be killed. 

http://forum.flyordie.com/thread.jsp?forum=13&thread=26061&tstart=30&trange=15

there's one huge "building" that we're aiming for on t.a. asap, making uninformed people's calculations way off.  also, a month or so ago, it was calculated that if we continued to lose nubs at the rate we had lost them, we would not complete all the buildings.  so you cannot say "there are plenty of squares".  always be careful with your nubs

--jason
i made further calculations check my post ta buildings
So I made my first trip to TA and earned some nubs.  I don't have any interest in building so I tried to put them on the market at 50% but couldn't.  I'm assuming because there were so many of them.  What would the builders prefer I do.  I dont want to sell them in the item shop and have them lost and would rather not leave them in my house for the robbers.  And carrying them is out because they will quickly become Tico's nubs.  Is there an option D that I'm just not seeing?
just sell them.  There are plenty on the market for builders, so you might as well get the money for them now.  But if you continue to splat, keep on trying to put them on the market; slots open up regularly.
You may have more luck posting them on Larkinor market rather than TA, the reason being the building stones can only be made on Larkinor, therefore it is more click effective to buy them on Larkinor than travel all the way to TA. Ditto to what lilgyp said, keep trying to put them on the market whenever you get sent home.

~Tour 
OK, I have a new thought.  Can magic nubs be stored in clan warehouses?  If so I will stockpile them along with my extra mana potions until I join a clan.

ALso, I tried to ask this in chat but the filter blocked me, I assume for the word nub.  It first said oops, then excuse me, and then fine.  Does that mean I got a fine or is it a random block.
Selling them on TA is what I always do. I just wait until an unfortunate event involving a boot, a priest and a free teleport home happens to pop by the market while adventuring back to TA.
>Selling them on TA is what I always do.

Selling them on Larkinor*
jef - the chat filter is very sensitive and is not necessarily a reflection on you.  We all get the "oops" or "fine" or whatever from time to time for perfectly acceptable words or sentences.  Welcome to the club.  ;)
For example, word "assume" is not acceptable in chat. :-)
btw. You can use "nub" there.