« Back to All Topics
Chunk that splat target!
Chunk that splat target!
Chunk that splat target!
A thread for keeping track of the splat target (10347.)

An army of 
210000 monsters is awaiting you towards north.

An army of 
 monsters is awaiting you towards north.

passed the 190k mark earlier this evening.
An army of 179999 monsters is awaiting you towards north.
An army of 169183 monsters is awaiting you towards north.
An army of 145000 monsters is awaiting you towards north.
So we're currently averaging about 600 splats a day (based on the current number, 91k, and the last update.) 

At this rate we'll be finished right around Christmas :p
An army of 70000 monsters is awaiting you towards north.
An army of 

We're making some good progress.  Keep it up!
We're now averaging about 375 splats a day! :p
whoops, make that 560 a day!
What math are you using, tyler?  By my count, we cleared 10k monsters in 9 days, which is 1111 monsters per day, plus a few pesky invaders.  Definitely an improvement on our overall daily average for this square since this thread was started (which looks to be in the 750/day range).
Oh jeez I really need to stop doing math at midnight...

Overall average daily splat rate since February is in the ballpark of 790 :p
An army of 
An army of 
An army of 
An army of 
An army of 8500 monsters is awaiting you towards north.

With the 120k clicks I have, it is extremely tempting to splat-a-thon this thing down...
An army of 

An army of 
congrats to all of us we cleared the target square. :)

An army of 
An army of 
 monsters is awaiting you towards east.
Good work everyone!  And, wow.  Can't say we weren't expecting a 1mil square, but still, sad to find out we're right so soon.  I hate to think how many are on our hypothesized recruitment center.

I notice someone's moved our target square up north, which might be good for morale and actually clearing a square in a reasonable amount of time, but I'm interested in hitting that RC (1 north, 2 east of last target).  Any other thoughts on this?
Surely the fact that the square north of the last target contains 300k monsters proves that the RC square isn't in the square we thought it was?

The developers would have wanted the number of monsters to increase as you approach it, no matter which path you take.

Thus I would argue that the RC is either the square east of the last target square, or the square two east of it. If it was placed as far away as possible from the port squares, we can rule out the 1m square, so I submit that the RC square is in fact two east of the previous target.
I have to strongly agree with Trouble325 here; considering that particular square's seclusion and central location, it'd make sense for it to be 'the one'. Regardless of morale I suggest making the new 1M block our target.
A little quote from what I wrote before:

Next target must be http:// larkinorguide.com/cgi-bin/islands.cgi?act=block&bid=10347 and then, according to the data on nearest blocks, we have 2 assumptions:
1. If nothern block has 300k - then we need to get to http:// larkinorguide.com/cgi-bin/islands.cgi?act=block&bid=10349 to stop the nightmare. Though, that's unlikely to happen (seeing 300k on it )...

the 1st variant turned out to be true, so 10349 is the RC indeed. What makes me doubt a little though - 
http://larkinorguide.com/cgi-bin/islands.cgi?act=block&bid=10381
 and 
http://larkinorguide.com/cgi-bin/islands.cgi?act=block&bid=10311
 have the different values of TA army men... any ideas why?

And btw, what if our hypothethyzed Requirment Center is just a, let's say, portal which we will have to block thanks to building stones in some way? Like when the fights are over and huge building starts? Or something even more odd... anyway, if that is the target square - I really expect to see something unusual but not 2M monster square... it would be a bit odd to finish with 2M but not 1M I think :D. 
I agree  with you, TCA NightWalker.  block 10349 is a complete mystery.  I do not think that there is 2,000,000 monsters.  There could be 500 mosters or 1,000,000 mosters or no mosters at all just a portal.  If there is a portal the results would be very interesting.  
Two years ago before starting 1 million block we had these discussions.