« Back to All Topics
Pente
Pente
Pente
Does it have to be exactly 5 in a row to win ?

Coz I got 6 in a row, and didnt win ?

:(
Thanks , for all your helpful answers.

:|
How can you have got 6 in a row without getting 5 in a row?
If you did not win with 6, it obviously has to be exactly 5. As described on the help page...

Thx

OP
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm curious as to why flyordie disallows overlines (more than 5 in a row counting for the win) in Pente?  Gary Gabrel (The creator of Pente), the (now defunct) World Pente Player's Federation (WPPF) and literally every other venue I've ever heard of (globally)recognizes overlines as a win......also, with exception to travel versions and old WebTV protocols, the game is normally played on a 19x19 grid as opposed to 13x13.....Sorry if I sound critical, but I figure if you're gonna call it Pente, then why not make it Pente?  :) There's still a relatively large online Pente community that doesn't really have a place to call home these days in terms of OTB play and you guys are in a strong position to attract them if you squared those two minor details up.  I know, gamers are a picky and annoying breed a LOT of the time, but I promise that's not where my input is coming from.....without exception all the players I talked to about flyordie had the same concensus.....they all think the site and features are pretty sharp, but the bottom line is that if you have to adopt a new set of rules, well that's just a joke.  Hopefully you don't take this wrong.....Peace.