« Back to All Topics
New board sizes in Four in a Row
Hello, I know that this has been suggested like 1000 times but I really think that new board sizes would bring new life into the game of Connect 4. We are all tired of those programs who ruin the game. Thats why everyones leaving. I'm sure that a lot more people would subscribe to have that feature. However good sizes would be: 8x8, 8x7, 9x7, 9x9 or 10x10. I mean many games on FoD have different sizes and it would just be fair if this would also be for Connect 4. So pls think about it
New board sizes for connect 4 would convince me to subscribe, and I know many others that would as well. This idea is VERY simple to implement. All you have to do is change the dimensions of the board for a new size. It would probably take less than an hour to do, well worth the extra revenue brought from subscribers. I suggest you make it a subscriber only option like the popout mode. If you do this, you will bring back players that are bored with the worn out 7x6 board size. This addition would also solve the problem of cheaters that use a program to win games because these larger board sizes have not been solved and no program exists for people to cheat with. 9x7, 8x7, 8x8, 9x9, and 10x10 are the best options. The more sizes, the better, but I understand if you cannot add them all. Thank you for considering this addition. 

Hi, i support Weimas requests, we really need different C4 board sizes, less progs, and the number of players will increase day by day, more subs :)
The Idea is great. The Game is dead so it must be a update to the game usally it was 50 players in four in a row in 2012 bout now in the end of 2015 its only 15 so this is a great idee
Wow, very good opinion that changing the board size, I hope and take their views into account and implemented. Regards.
I agree, seeing new sizes would bring so many people back to the game & I know they will sub if it would be a sub feature. A lot of my friends & myself left because 7x6 was too boring. 7x6 board size is a solved game with the player who goes first (With perfect play) always winning.

Many great players worked around this by playing much harder styles and irregulars such as 3MB, 5MB & 7MB. but eventually you are restricted to the board's size.

Also why we are suggesting thing's, I suggest the tournaments be set to 2 games, as the person who play's first has literally won the game. Who ever seem's to get top during the tourney after exceeding around 70 points they automatically go first every time. It makes the tournament unfair & boring to play.

Thanks for the time.