« Back to All Topics
Best make of mouse ?
Posted in 
Darts
Best make of mouse ?
Posted in 
Darts
Best make of mouse ?
Hi, anyone recommend a good make/model of mouse for online darts ?
hp_2 button USB optical mouse silver and black in colour. is what i,ve used for 10 or more years .i am fod darts player with high rating .
Personally I would say any mouse.  For me it depends on the surface you play on.
Well, I would suggest a "R.A.T" mouse for gaming. The prices range from $20 - $150, they're comfortable on your hand and multiple short keys make it easier for better game play experience.

Non-gaming mouses range, I would suggest an optical mouse (recommended) and as stated above, Logitech make good mouses.

Kind Regards,
Sullivan88
Thanks for all your replies. I mostly play pool but like the darts cricket game sometimes. My old mouse broke but my new one is just not as accurate as the old one in darts (fine for pool). Someone said try a wired 'laser' mouse (not optical) as they are more accurate but more expensive. Does anyone use a laser mouse?
Thanks for all your replies. I mostly play pool but like the darts cricket game sometimes. My old mouse broke but my new one is just not as accurate as the old one in darts (fine for pool). Someone said try a wired 'laser' mouse (not optical) as they are more accurate but more expensive. Does anyone use a laser mouse?
A laser mouse, is another name for an optical mouse.

When you go into a shop, ask for an optical mouse, preferably wireless. 

Good luck!

Kind Regards,
Sullivan88
The difference between a regular optical mouse and a laser mouse is the light used to track movement. A regular optical mouse uses an LED light in the optical engine, while a laser mouse uses a laser to track movement. The more dots per inch (dpi) a mouse can track, the more sensitive and accurate it is. A typical optical mouse tracks between 400dpi and 800dpi, while laser mice track more than 2,000dpi.

Neither is really better; it all depends on your needs and preferences. Unless you're a gamer or a graphic artist with a need for precise movement, you'll probably find a 2,000dpi laser mouse too sensitive. Many gaming mice, however, allow you to switch sensitivity levels so that you have precision when you need it but can revert to 400dpi or 800dpi for regular mousing.

Besides their tracking speeds, laser mice work on nearly every surface, whereas optical mice may experience trouble tracking on black or shiny surfaces. 
A standard USB ball mouse any make is the best played on linux...