« Back to All Topics
Question regarding points
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Do the points you win in a game solely depend on your opponents' points, or does it depend on points and the ball they hold? Let me explain because I think I'm confusing myself. 

I was 690 (2-ball) and asked a player ranked at 721 (1-ball) to play. He declined because I was only a 2-ball. Does it matter that I'm a ball below him or is it the 31 point difference that matters? For example, if I was to win that game, would I get more points than if I had 720 and he had 751?

I don't think there's a difference but maybe it is true. Englighten me?
Nope no difference whatsoever.
You answered your own question there - the colour of the ball has no relevance.
The ball is just an indication, the ratings change formula is based purely on the rating itself. 690/721 gives the same change as 700/731 or 100/131 - 17 if you win or 15 if you lose (I think). The most likely explanations are that this person doesn't like you, doesn't want to play at all, selfishly only wants to play higher ratings or just sees you as a threat to his (1) ball.
you would gain more points as he's a higher rating i guess

and he doesn't have to accept your challange
he could have been busy 

and if it was because of something
it's not neccesserily only the ball rating
or only the points

as in snooker each ball is spearated by 100 points
so this could influence a decision not to play

but as in 8 ball each rating is separated by 50 points (if im correct) so maybe points would influence it more

sorry for the long whinded post lol :D
>and he doesn't have to accept your challange he could have been busy 

I think his, 'I'm not playing you, your only a 2-ball' kind of shows that he declined not because he was busy. It's sad to see how he refuses to play me at 30 points lower, but then goes off to challenge an 800 ranked 1-ball. Still, I got the last laugh when he challenged me when he was lower than me. My mouse has never hit the 'Decline' button faster.

BTW, I'm finding it harder and harder to get some decent 8-ball games nowadays.
play snooker ;)
much more fun hehe
Just that you cant play it scott :p
lol that says the right one ...
Beat you every time in lite:)?
Not including the ones I lost of course:p.
I'm gona make this painfully blunt and to the point, if you don't know what or how the point system is implemented in the actual real game and then get confused about it's implications in a poxy pc simulation - then you need to go back to your previous hobby of "De-clawing cats" and leave this intensely competitive sport to the pro's....Did I say to the point or wot, actually wait  >>>>> >>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>>>
♦Pяǿ Pℓаүєя♦™ you got some nerve replying to posts here, we all know WHADDAP !!??!! Continuous GL in life to you :| 

--TheKillers-- :)

God will you shut up. Can a moderator or admin please do something about these idiot and all the rest ruining EVERY single thread on this forum. It's getting beyond a joke now.