« Back to All Topics
A Real Tournament to Determine "The Best"
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
In real life curling, it is not about rating or winning by how many points. Even if you are only 1 point ahead of your opponent, you are still awarded a win and your opponent is awarded a loss. Players on this site choose their tactics based on rating and this obscures the real ability and curling knowledge of some curlers.

I am planning to organize a tournament for top players who are frequently online and know English( sorry this is a a prerequisite because communication is needed). More importantly, we need someone who can play fairly.( sorry for those who are infamous here)

My idea is that players invited to join this tourney have to open a new account so that there won't be any rating issue( I dont hope to see someone still playing aggressively after leading big just for boosting the rating). I think 8 players are needed. If you are patient enough to read my words and interested as well, plz leave your account id here and email here. But i will try to invite some other players to join this tourney too.
I will join. 

My original nick: Seiler

Rating: 0
MarkWallisburgh is me, I opened a new account called - Wallisburgh

email address = Wallisburgh@live.com

Ok sure I'll join. My new nick uses character map so I can't write it now lol but it's something like ¥77¥.
pianodude77@hotmail.com
Hi,

ME :)

My new nick is Constantin€
Rating 0

my e-mail: fabio@codefix.com.br

cu 

Bye
email 

morgangui@hotmail.com 

thx 300ZZZ me account

I leave on a trip on the 30th, so we have to start soon if I'm to keep my spot.

I'm Team Canada, I just opened a new account named

"Canada's Team"
teamcanada13579@gmail.com

hello me email morgangui@hotmail.com

me new nick is modislooks

thx i error me 1 post 
sorry i error this post me new nick here modislooks

ty
sorry me account here modislooks no 300ZZZ
I'm going on vacation on the 30th for a week. When will this get underway? Seems like a lot of waiting, lack of interest etc.
I think we need a couple of more players. I believe the games will be played under mutual agreement per mail. If you are not gone for a long time, it shouldn't be a problem. 
put me in central time zone Sask canada bakkenboy@gmail.com  
sign me up Pederson   pete_777999@hotmail.com
Well it's been over 3 weeks, I'm going on vacation in a week, so I'm out, this is taking far too long.
I guess it will be run by mail, so don't give up just yet ;) You can probably join when you come back from vacation.
I'm out too, this is not happening. I was excited, now it's annoying.

markchan just started this thread on a whim.  He is always repeating that he has no time to play.  I can't see how he could find time to actually manage and run a tournament.

Thanks and goodday.