« Back to All Topics
Losing Streaks
Posted in 
Curling
Losing Streaks
Posted in 
Curling
Losing Streaks
Does anyone else go on these ridiculous losing streaks for days, where you can't make a shot or beat even the lower rated players. Sure seems like the programmers of the game won't let you win. Not complaining or anything, but boy is it frustrating.
This happens for almost everyone. Since there are elements of randomness and luck in the game, it will statistically happen now and then, that you lose many games in a row, even you don't play bad. 
LOL, you are not alone... days when nothing work and it seems like the ice is changing temperature :D
I have had the suspicion on more than one occasion that the game "has it in for me" :D , escpecially when the broom jumps on my last rock. I think Nikki is close to the mark on this one - luck comes and goes, and if you play enough it occasionally clusters to the good or bad side. Of course, when you have a bad streak, you start playing "not to lose", or try to make everything right with 1 shot, which only makes it worse. Conversely, when things are going well, I find myself trying more difficult shots - a little luck does wonders for confidence.  
If you think it is bad here try playing backgammon. When I end up with a high score I don't win another game until I'm back to 0
hi all

thank u for this message. i alredy beleved i have to stop drinking. i had so many time shots and games i dont understand how it happend i miss - now i know :) 

gg

Yup...been there frequently.  I call it "adjustment mode"...when the nice folks at FlyOrDie switch things up on ya.  The ice comes up with several surprise ruts and bumps, broom jumps, and your opponents rocks become 10 times heavier while yours explode out of the rings.  Just have to play it out.
I lost. Where is the problem? Please help me.
pfff i got you beat, no , wait , i dont ! see ? tides turn like cod tounges in the fryin pan :p
Here's my intake on this.  FoD doesn't make the stones move in favour of your opponent, that's called cleaning up your computer.  Just think, for FlyOrDie to decrease your chances of making the shot, they first have to know what shot you are taking and they would need to know the stone colours.  The fact is, when a player goes on a losing streak, they usually just lost a brutal one which will in turn drop your confidence, make you change your strategy and try more difficult shots.  The "adjustment mode" theory is an interesting view, yet i do not see any conclusive evidence of it for it to be plausible.