« Back to All Topics
Practice Mode Idea
Posted in 
Curling
Practice Mode Idea
Posted in 
Curling
Practice Mode Idea
Here's an idea...what if there was a new practice mode in which users had the ability to drag and drop rocks where they wanted to to practice throwing specific types of shots? Sometimes I feel I could improve my game further had that been an option instead of having to play a full end with myself to set stones up to try making a shot once. Even if it was a subscriber-only feature. It would be incentive enough for me to subscribe again! 

I don't know how the rest of you feel about this, but hey, no harm in expressing a thought to FOD.
It wouldn't hurt to try it. Be nice if the Mids answered & told you if it was possible to implement. We are led to believe that suggestions are welcome. If its not possible all they have to do is say no. Watching with interest Mods.
Excellent idea Jon! It would definitely incent me to subscribe as well. 
I don't know if the original coders are still around at FoD. There have been a lot of good suggestions, but few, if any, are implemented. 

Jon, this is a good idea and I suspect might be easiest to implement by allowing a "do-over" for the previous shot. All you would have to do from a coding standpoint is to save the current state variables and reload them each time. Probably easier than writing new drag and drop code. This would allow us to set up a shot and practice it repeatedly. 

As an aside, that would be great to have as an in-game feature, if both players agreed to any given shot. It would solve the accidental click shots that die before the hog.
As I say we're all in agreement & as it takes a Mod to authorise a post before its posted then that shows you that they've obviously read it so where is the response on this?  They are useless, I'd bypass them & take the ideas to the parent company.