« Back to All Topics
Skins format in the last end
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
Skins format has one strange rule which is the reason why I don't like this format here. If no player has won the last end, then draw shot challenge is asigned. This is not practiced in real curling and sometimes the result of the match becomes like a lottery. Why was this rule accepted?
They are a law unto themselves here. Best accept it & be quiet :>
Actually, that is the way real skins matches are settled - draw to the button
every game on the grand slam circuit (and the recent Worlds) starts with a draw to the button to determine hammer. In fact they use the accumulated distance from the pin hole to break ties at the worlds. I think FOD could improve online curling by using a draw to the button to determine hammer in every game.
whitecrj

Actually, the skin value remains constant for each end and draw to the button as a method of determining the winner is used only if two players are tied after all ends in match (Princess Auto Elite 10).
On the 16 May last year I suggested a shoot off to decide the winner in a draw especially in the skins tourney. BUT as usual FoD ignores sensible advise from one and all.
On May 16th last year lol, did you take note of the date? And since when did you do sensible? But your right about FoD.