« Back to All Topics
multiple nics
Posted in 
Curling
multiple nics
Posted in 
Curling
multiple nics
  I feel that it's time for the powers that be to take a long, hard look at this ever growing problem. I am being harrased by a mrs-fairplay and tonight by someone named huppelflutz for the first time. They know me somehow, but they hide behind these new nick names I am not familiar with. I, as a low/mid level player play to have fun, and isn't this site really why it's here, why we're ALL here? To have fun and friendly competition? I would appreciate any opnions, positive or negative.   
amen...i thinks that bulll usuin 2 names ......gotta stop ..ive been sharked a few times and should be stopped or suspend anyone found doing so 
I agree here too, totally sick of being sharked. 1 name per person thats all we're asking. We know its probably easy to create multiple names & easy to change i.p address to do it but if you find out then keep banning them plz. Or if long standing members report folk then trust the members especially paying members & ban the people or you might just lose the members. Thanks in advance.
If you think that this low-life, mentally challenged individual is using a single IP, then I am afraid you are wrong.
The thing is if you can create one account relatively easy (like here), then you can also create more.

We can make registration harder, but then most of you would not have signed up either.

The mentioned player has several hundred accounts already banned, but as he has nothing better to do all day in his  life than to get new ip addresses in order to avoid blocks in an online game, an ip block is not really effective in this case.

So what I can suggest to do until we can catch and ban any further nick he creates ( i have no doubt that there will be plenty):
 - use the mute button. this is a very effective tool, as the player who is muted does not even know he is muted. If he realizes that there is no reaction to his "wise" comments, he may get bored after a while
 - report him, so we can take action sooner if our filters do not catch him (it is not always easy to predict what will be his next ip).
 - if he does something that can be considered "against the law", you can take legal action, but that is something out of our authority.

Thank you for your understanding.

OP
I THINK THAT IT IS NORMAL AS ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS HERE ALL DAY SAYS THAT HE IS IN TOP 3 EN HAVE 2 NICKS Vinnie Jones EN LUCKY BOMBER ME  IS NORMAL THAT EVERYONE MAKES A SECOND NICK
It might be normal to create two nicks, but it is not normal to create dozens like you, especially after being banned multiple times permanently, so I will start with you, ok?

OP
Why is it normal to create 2 nick's
    Itseems to me in the code of conduct for the game this is forbidden.I don't think it is very hard to find some of the peaple with 2 nick's
       Would it be possible to have one of the lanes for members only Would be nice for one of them to be for adults only 2 as there seems to be alot of under 14 a$$ holes just here to cause trouble

Ok, suppose it's not ok. How many have YOU got?

What penalty would you like to have for creating more than one nick?
>under 14 a$$ holes just here to cause trouble

If you also read the rules of conduct you will see the section about '3.6 Being abusive by profanity or harassing. '... 

So if we will be picky about the number of nicknames being created by users, i'll be picky about your abusive language :)

ThUnDeR
FlyOrDie Moderator

I do apoligize for the langauge but it was not aimed at any 
  any indavidual. Just the culprets whoever they may be.
  And as far as nicks I have NON   do you hear me I do not have a nickman I use my god given name here as I am not a coward hidding behind a false name. thank you.
  Wilf
"hanson370" is definitely mine, ain't it.

In an ideal world everyone would have one nick. We are not living in an ideal world, it seems again.

Those who want one nick per person also create more nicks themselves (like almost all in this topic).

What do you expect from me then?
I certainly understand the frustration level for you better now, even after just a few posts and I appreciate your suggestions. MUTING will just become a necessary stand-by for me from now on. I just was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that. They're out there, we know it, we know who they are, just have to work around them I guess. Thanks for your time Op! 
I know who is mrs-fairplay etc..

He makes 1 different nick everyday.

Dont reply to him and he will stop to insulting, he will change victim np.

Time ago same person keep insulting me for days, and i had fun to reply to him. When i muted him, he stopped to insult me.

Multinicks are not a problem, become a problem when someone use them to avoid the ban, and its clearly a ban evasion.

Yea I used that nick once but did not hide the fact that it was me. I used it because I was banned for some reason no one ever told me why and had to talk to the flyordie ownners to help me out. They gave me a free month and called it a mistake.  I had no idea there was a rule against banned peaple having mores than one nick!!!!!
   Wilf
Limit the amount of nick per user could be a suicide, Why ? :|

Significantly  Could affect the economic income of FlyOrDie 
( many users have more than one nick subscribed )

This doesn't avoid the evaders continue entering, otherwise , there will be more ...

And there could be a great disagreement by all users of FlyOrDie.

What should i do as a user? Use the button " report abuse " i think that the Op and the moderators will ban this user...

Also i would like suggest to FlyOrDie add in " report abuse "  the option to report users in evasion. 

To better classify the reason for the report , luck with those users... bye bye ;\..
multinick players have no life and we should not care about what they do. I happen to have 5 nicks, however they are only used to catch players who only play low. VANJUNIOR nice try hassan we know its you. Players under 14 are not bad they can be very nice and helpful ;) so please don't put them down. Just live with the game we have now cause there is no solution that the OP can do to make EVERYBODY happy. He's doing the best he can.

This guy who is abusing you and others sounds like a child getting his kicks by tormenting innocent targets at random. We can only hope he eventually will grow up and get a life.

Some advice would be to ignore him, take "Screan Shots" of harrassment and send it in. Usually in this case when you ignore a person abusing/bullying you ignoring them will usually but not always make them stop.

Or simply "Mute" and act as if he doesnt exist!...

Don't let some random kid abuse you and ruin your day, it's not worth it one bit.

Darren 

although i have had many nicks before i only use 2 now but i think ev1 should be limited to 1 those that have many subbed wen they run out bann the ones they dont wantt o use would be only fair for ev1 to only use 1 but flyodie doesnt want to loose money thats y they dont want to fix this period ..thats the bottom line here
You are wrong (again).

As it has been mentioned several (thousand) times it cannot be limited technically to one nick per person, even if it would be an ideal situation. 

It would be much more ideal for admins as well, so I do not see a reason why it should not be that way, IF IT WAS POSSIBLE. But it's not.

There is no need for your destructive remarks in all of the topics, btw.

Thank you.
  So your saying one should play dirty here and try mess with your opponents any way possible

Who said such things if I may ask?
thank's to the hacker o tried to stop  me playing hee but if as you see im still here. small person lol
  wilf