« Back to All Topics
Good idea
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Good idea
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Good idea
Don´t you guys think that when a moderator banns you, or demerit, they shud give u a SS of what they did it for? this would prevent unfair banning, and abuse of power by moderators.

Please leave youre opinion about this.
Peace Jack :)

Just so you know: there is no moderator here that will ban you for doing nothing. If you think that is true, you send screen shots in.
Most are happier if all get along and it's our goal to keep players on the site, but troublemakers have to go!
SunDown

[Edited by: SunDown on Apr 18, 2007 3:38 AM]
>>this would prevent unfair banning, and abuse of power by moderators

Just what would you  consider unfair banning, or demeriting and abuse of power by mods. Besides that,  i dont think they should have to give you a ss, after all if your banned it tells you why you have been banned when you try to log in. Some online game site do offer somthing like that tho, some email you to tell you the reason like pogo for instance. if you  get banned from there they email you and explain why. That would be a good idea if fod did that,but if they did lol they would be so busy emailing so many ppl they wouldnt have time for anything else lol  
Sure it's a nice idea but how would it work? If you say something that you don't think is ban-worthy in chat, and POOF you're kicked out permanently by a mod, how are you going to SS it?
I think he means the moderator takes a screenshot and somehow provides it as evidence for the ban, so if you want to appeal against a ban for example the process 
could
 be made easier.
Sadly that is probably the truth Blood, the thing is i know of varius people that get banned, altho the have absolutely NO idea of why, but the important thing here is that it would prevent those little troublemakers from saying "I GOT BANNED FOR NO REASON", etc . . .

But, i hope it will happen someday. 

Peace Jαck :D
Sorry, but something like this is just not feasible.  The time involved would be astronomical, and take away from lobby time.  Then we'd here you complain that we're not doing our jobs in the lobbies and with the cheaters ;)

Plus, you'd have to buy me a few more hard drives just to hold all the ss's.

-RTD
Plus, you'd have to buy me a few more hard drives just to hold all the ss's

Aw Ralphie...I would but that would mean I wouldn't be able to buy you all those yummy steaks that I give you. 
;)

There HAS to be some kind of middle ground for this issue, though. I think it is an OK idea, but I agree with everyone's points on it too. 

HHmmmm....a sticky wicket, yes?

*Throws a steak to Ralph* There ya go. There is your daily steak. ;)

~Danny~
Well Ralph, i do get ur point of view, its just that I for 1 know certaint people that have got dem. Because a mod told them to drop caps and they Denied, by simply putting a "(N)" sign, or saying something that most every1 says "lmao". these I think are just unfair, but thats me.

Well peace out, JackT.
>>Well Ralph, i do get ur point of view, its just that I for 1 know certaint people that have got dem. Because a mod told them to drop caps and they Denied, by simply putting a "(N)" sign, or saying something that most every1 says "lmao". these I think are just unfair, but thats me.

Yes! I have seen this too, and I agree with you that this is unfair. Or how about when someone says HI to a mod, who doesn't reply, and then says something else to that mod--and POOF a demerit??

I have seen this with my own eyes. I got banned for 3 days and I SWEAR I didn't say ANYTHING that would have merited a total ban.

~Danny~

I'm with Ralph on this.

Moderators take time out of the time they play the games to moderate and get nothing back from it other then knowing they are doing their best to make the site a better place for all to play.

Now you want them to take even more time away from playing to send a ss of the violation they moderated a player for and send it to the violator.

You must be crazy if you think we are going to wast even more time on someone that cant even take the time to read the "Rules of Use" and "Terms of Service" and respect them and the other players of the games.

Heres a "Good idea" for ya!

Raise the price of the games and make it so no one can play unless they pay for the game. That way the site will have the extra money to pay the moderators for the time they put in moderating. This way maybe the moderators will feel a little better about having to cater to all the violators by taking a ss and sending it to them.

BTW, your e-mail address is considered personal information to protect your privacy and it is not seen by the moderators so we cant send any ss's anyway :)

Hit-N-Run

you beat me to the post hit n run :S

BTW, your e-mail address is considered personal information to protect your privacy and it is not seen by the moderators so we cant send any ss's 

Not only is your email private, but often the demerit comes from an ss sent in by another player.  I recently found out I had a demerit, (not for anything horrible, but yes, I deserved it) and were I to be sent the ss that got me the demerit, I would very likely be able to determine who it was that sent it in.  And THAT is a privacy issue that could be big trouble.  

TeT
BTW, your e-mail address is considered personal information to protect your privacy and it is not seen by the moderators so we cant send any ss's anyway

i was thinking more along the line of it being on the page that tell you what the "Dem/Bann" was for :D
good idea diablo ive never been in any sort of trouble but for the people that have they might want to know why they are being disiplined thnx ASHORTY
Although I said earlier it was a good idea, ilostmyotherself's point should mean this topic is over. :)
this isnt nec. true.
Sometimes, when a Demerit is unfair, a Moderater will spend way too much time covering up another, when a simple SS would shut them all up.
I've ased for several, but now, I just accept FOD for what it is.A Great site, w/ tilted faults.