Four in a row prog
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Four in a row prog
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Four in a row prog
HI i got a problem,i play connect four and in my player 
information says PLAYER MIGHT USE PROGRAM. 
I DONT USE PROGRAM AND HOW DID THAT SIGN GET THERE!?
THE PROBLEM IS THAT PLAYERS ARE AFRAID TO PLAY AGAINST
BECAUSE THEY THINK I USE PROG. 
PLZ HELP!
It says "Player might use program". This doesn't say that you 
definitely
 use a program, the system just detects that you may use one, or your play may resemble that of a program. My only advice would be to continue playing your own game and don't let anyone calling you a cheater (or whatever) get to you.
Will the sign ever disapear?
I'm not sure. I think it may disappear at some stage - don't ask me when though, or how! :p
Personally I think FOD should update and give some detail on this "player may be using a program" thing.

From looking around the site all I can find is this

Using a computer program with board games 
Using a computer to decide your moves in a board game on FlyOrDie is allowed.
FlyOrDie members have the right to know if they are playing against a computer. Therefore FlyOrDie uses a system to detect suspected program use, which will be indicated on the concerned players' info screen with a small icon. 

Lately there's been numerous people asking about this yet the site doesn't gives very limited information about it (maybe FOD keep hush hush about their MI5 style methods of detection ;)). How the program status is worked out etc. might be helpful to those who play the board games as even simple questions such as "Will the sign ever disapear" no one seems to be able to give a sure answer to. ;)
sorry for double post (yes I did preview my post and read it through 3 times but I guess I'm not much of a proof reader, more evidence for the need of an edit post button? :p)

> yet the site doesn't gives very limited information 

ignore the doesn't :|
Just think about what your doing chris,try not to do 14 things at once.

Read slower,if it helps,dont read joined up writing.

Also,turn that music down.

Dont proof read while : Eating, drinking, talking on phone, smoking, looking at "other" web sites.

Just concenmentrate !

:p

Lmao thank you Peter, your words make so much sense, I feel I've turned over a new leaf :D   ;)
lol im sort of new to connect 4,can u tell me what a program is?
Personaly I think programs are idiotic.  Where is the challange?  Where is the joy in playing?  Where is the pride in winning? 
>lol im sort of new to connect 4,can u tell me what a program is?

Never used one but I imagine it pre-determines what moves you should do against the opponent. You might have to input the opponent moves and it will tell you where to put your piece (depending on the board game) ;)

Agree with LadyDie totally, seems totally pointless using a program to play for you, is there someone out there who uses a program who would like to comment on this forum about whether it makes them feel respected to be a high rating by using a program?? :)
THE PROGRAMS ARE FUN AND ARE VALID!!!!!!!!!
We know they are valid, but what exactly is fun about a computer telling you what to do in order to win a game ?:|
I echo Chris's question.  Sure they get you a good score but how is it fun?
I agree it's pointless and if you're using it simply to get a high rating it's idiotic. Some players say they use a program to learn from it, which in some cases I suppose is fair enough, but is it really worth it to say to yourself "I just got the Four In A Row crown by using a program, how cool am I?" ;\
When they find out that wasting there time to get 500+ with any program they will stop. Because once you get there most of the programs won't beat others ;)

I've tried but I did it in Reversi to help me learn the game :|
IS FUN CAUSE U LEARN BY USING PROGRAM AND U LEARN NOT ONLY ABOUT THE GAME, ALSO ABOUT COMPUTERS, LIKE RAM MEMORY, PROCESOR,ETC

<<RANMA, please take off your caps lock when using the forum.  Thank you>>

[Edited by: RalphTheDog on Aug 6, 2007 6:38 PM]
So when you have learnt about the game will you ditch it and play on your own....?

And what do these programs have to do with learning about computer processors. you lost me there lol ;)
I think he's lost everyone with that lol not just you, the guy clearly isn't a computer genius and is probably one of those who uses programs to simply maintain a high rating, = sad, idiotic, all other affiliated words/phrases that have already been mentioned in this topic. :)
Couldn't agree more, I got the impression he was clutching at straws to try and give us some justification for using programs (which let's face I hardly think the majority use them to learn) :p.

What I would like to know is why are programs allowed in the first place? Did FOD not allow them in the past? Was it the case that so many people were using them and FOD were unable to do anything about it that they just allowed them but deemed people "suspicious" of using such programs ?:|
of course u dont understand nothing cause u never was using program and dont have idea of using engines means, and of course, my game was better since i learn with programs
and is not idiotic, is fantastic
i think they would be good to learn from, but most ppl with program have a high rating

anyways i dont have anything against them so not much more i can say:p 
How about just not playing board games anymore and coming to play some pool and snooker, that would mean no hassle about who uses a program. :)
And if you're really smart you'd make a macro that lines up straight shots in pool etc...but why i thought of that i dunno
Oh so is that why you get high rated? :p

Joke.

[Edited by: LadyDie on Aug 10, 2007 8:58 AM]