Forums » Dear Moderators
Any mod care to enlighten us...
Replies: 6   Pages: 1   Most recent reply posted by: Veriac (Jan 3, 2008 12:46 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 6   Pages: 1  
fearnloathin

Any mod care to enlighten us... Posted: Jan 2, 2008 9:48 AM
Only reason I'm doing this thread is to try and stop the rumor's of bad mods, don't take that the wrong way I've known a few bad mods (but haven't been on in awhile and two of them we're fired) but that isn't the point. Perm bans do go through OP correct? I believe this was covered awhile ago but I can't be bothered with the dodgy search system. If I recall all mods can do is demerit and possibly temp ban?

***Please only those who know without a doubt the correct answer to the above questions respond, I really don't feel like watching this become a "this and that" post. Thank you***

Macca36

Re: Any mod care to enlighten us... Posted: Jan 2, 2008 2:32 PM

Your comment is correct, Moderators
cannot perm ban subbed nicks, only
temp ban for upto 72 hours & upto
720 hour demerits, however, we can
perm ban any non sub nick (when we
have cause to).

Macca36 (FlyOrDie Moderation Team Member)

fearnloathin

Re: Any mod care to enlighten us... Posted: Jan 2, 2008 2:36 PM
Thank you Macca, this thread can be closed now.

Veriac

Re: Any mod care to enlighten us... Posted: Jan 2, 2008 5:23 PM
It should also be mentioned that should we feel a subscribed name is deserving of a permanent ban, we are able to recommend such action is taken by the admins of the site.

Such requests are rarely refused.

crazy_moon

Re: Any mod care to enlighten us... Posted: Jan 2, 2008 5:58 PM
i ave a qs? wat if u was reported 2 OP by a moderator and u did nothin wrong and had no proof do they always take mods words 4 it or is the matter looked in2?

jason_kroeker

Re: Any mod care to enlighten us... Posted: Jan 2, 2008 7:24 PM
though not a mod, i will still answer this. if i am wrong, i'm sure a mod will correct me. a mod will not request anyone be banned without proof that you deserve it. they will not take someone's word that "you were acting up", without proof by screenshot or any other means that shows you disobeyed the rules.
--jason

Veriac

Re: Any mod care to enlighten us... Posted: Jan 3, 2008 12:46 AM
TYhe bottom line here is that regardless of your subscription status you CAN be permanently banned if the situation warrants it.

The admins are ultimately responsible for any permanent bans of subscribed names, so don't bother asking moderators about it.

Replies: 6   Pages: 1  

Back to Topic List      Top of the page