« Back to All Topics
Points!?!?!?!?
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Points!?!?!?!?
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Points!?!?!?!?
What if FlyOrDie didn't offer points for winning at games, would it be an improvement? I believe most of the cheaters and programmers will leave, leaving all the fair players. The problem is... some of the fair players like points and some don't care. FlyOrDie wants to make as much as a profit as possible so if it means having subbed people using programmers to win their games against the fair players than so be it...
what?
whats the point in playing then,if you don't get points?
you could play in practise mode then,and win yourself as much as you want 
> whats the point in playing then,if you don't get points?

ehm...Fun? Testing your skills?
Fod tryed this, lost more than half its members cause only subscribers got points, it didnt work.
fun? 
i play for win
"just for fun" are words of a loser,who realised he can't achieve anything
It's what an unrated room is for... :|
First of all, it's I play to win not I play for win lol bad english. Plus don't call T. a loser since he is more mature than you.
Not all FOD games have the "unrated games"
fod doesnt need an unrated room in connect4 thats wat kurnik is for ;)
fun?
i play for win
"just for fun" are words of a loser,who realised he can't achieve anything

Dear Massi, I hope you have other achievements in your life then your points in an online game.

For your information: I am a (real) grandmaster in connect 4 and master in darts. Yet I play for fun and to test my skills against others. If that means I should lose points, so be it. I rather lose points against a good player then win points against some noob.
First of all, it's I play to win not I play for win lol bad english

Honestly, picking up on someone's grammar is really sad. Ever though his first language might not be English?
Let's try to get back on topic kids :)
FlyOrDie users getting pedenti
k
? Never thought I'd see the day.

The problem with no rating system is that you have no benchmark of who you are capable of beating. I would prefer not to sit through a game in which I challenged someone (with no rating system) and having them thrash me 110-3 in snooker because there is no possible chance I could beat them (And I had no idea either). Of course some people like the challange of facing a more skilled opponent but there's obviously a limit to this. The only challange a 50 rating is going to get against a 600+ is testing their patience :p
lol mike ur 16 so whos the kid here ;)
>You spelt pedantic wrong.

It was supposed to be irony (Italic 
k
) Unless you're also being sarcastic Scott... which would make me look a bit of an idiot :|
Most players here are not in there 50's... Idk how old you are and I don't really care, but I'm not a kid, I have a job I drive to work, and I'm on a basketball team.
so do alot of 16 yr olds ;)
your job is to annoy people and piss them off
I find it hard to believe your  out of school Mike :D
I was being pedantic about the fact you were being pedantic by spelling pedantic wrong. 

Quite why you spelt it with a k was beyond me, but I did gather you intended to, as its not exactly the hardest word to spell. 
Btw I wonder if you have got the most posts ever yet Chris:p
Mike 90%right to me,we C4 players exatly know wat we need for C4,massi end paralyzed you realy know haw critcal some1 lol sad,you guys have strong nervs i guess,now excuse me.
Idk how old you are and I don't really care, but I'm not a kid, I have a job I drive to work, and I'm on a basketball team.

LOL,your job is playing connect4,and you drive from kitchen to computer table on your chair.
and for reiki: jes i haz strong nervs end i excjuz you
Massi you good sense of humor,:d i just laugh......
First of all, it's I play to win not I play for win lol bad english

i speak 5 languages,what about you? and english isn't my mother tongue.
mine either and i am english lol :D
Let's try to get back on topic kids ;)
i dont think it would be a good idea mike, there are unnrated rooms. but i understand your piont of view about programmers and cheats, but without it it wouldnt be as good in my opinion, allthough i dont care on my rank
Here's an idea***************

Maybe we can keep the ratings, but for instance some person is using a program in a game and there sub* and they are in the toplist than I think they should be removed of the toplist and this will solve a lot of problems I think. 

Many people complain about the toplist mostly because almost half of the players use a program. You tell me, I would rather see good players on the toplist who have actually earned it, rather than some person just using some program to win a game... 

For instance, in connect 4, everyone in the toplist their program accept for like 5 people or less that I know of.

Back to my point, People pay money I guess to be on the toplist and many other reasons, but if some person cheats than I think they shouldn't be on the toplist unless they stop using a program.

What do you think because I truely like this idea and I think this idea can go a long ways. I mean WHY pay money if your just going to "cheat" on every game you play just to be on the toplist... Please players of FlyOrDie and moderators and also Opearators, please if you take anything serious what I say, take it now!!!
omg, what a kid... He doesen't understant that using a program to decide ur moves on fod is ALLOWED
The problem is that FOD allows program use. Because they allow it they cannot therefore start giving advantages/preference to those who don't use programs. Also the fact that the FOD have a system that suggests that a "player 
might
 use icon" (Hence there is no certainty) means that it's more hassle than it's worth to create a fair system, code it, implement it and then read the flood of forum topics asking why he/she/they/it aren't on a toplist anymore :p. 

Enough people complain already that they have been labelled by FOD as a possible program user, introduce such a system that targets these people, removing them from the toplist when there is no rule against such program use, will just cause more complaints than FOD really need.

But of course none of us can have any real influence over any decision made on here. OP stands his ground on the issue of program use so I highly doubt that he would consider 'punishing' those who 
might
 use a program with any sort of idea suggested on the forum.
i agree fod shouldnt have programs, what anyone can gain by it i dont know. least they implemented the icon to show who uses one. 

FOD could do a non-program toplist for the top non proogrammers who want to get high by playing fair, then again people will always be accused of using program, wheather true or not. so that toplist would be a sham.

as Chris said, fod brought on the problem by allowing programs to be used.

(the program idea really was an awful one:|)
I stand on what I believe. Maybe there can be two different toplist for "fair" players and players that "might use a program". I don't know any of my friends that have had any problem with this. I believe the system is correct. When I play people at another place, they keep telling me that they do not program but when I play them there, there is a system that tells me that I can see what there kinda doing. 

It would be nice change, sometimes change is good!!! Think about it... There are more fair players than there are programmers (I hope :|) but it's not fair for all the other people who do play fair. There are more fair players that pay for sub than programmers. Most of the subs are not in the toplist like they always dreamed of because the programmers are lowering their stats and keep getting higher and higher which is becoming very hard to get in the toplist these days depending on which games you play some might be easier than others. Anyways, we (well FlyOrDie) doesn't want the fair players to stop paying for sub or quit on them since money is good. A lot of people don't use the forums because when they try to prove a point it gets bought down because of you guys not thinking out side of the box. When you guys reply, you say I something... I think... That's not always bad, but for this topic try to think of others who have had the same problems. I just want to help out, and I'm a person who tries to make what is right even tho others haven't seen what I have. Just please, try and rethink what I just said.
>A lot of people don't use the forums because when they try to prove a point it gets bought down because of you guys not thinking out side of the box.

Sorry Mike but if people aren't using the forum because not everyone agrees with an idea they have brought forward then that's a personal issue for them to deal with. It would be great if we were all happy families and said "yes that is a good idea" and leave it at that, but the point of a forum is to discuss an idea and give different perspectives on an issue.

It's difficult to think 'outside the box' on here because FOD 
is
 the box. We know this website isn't going to win any awards for listening to us and making radical changes, and unless they decide listening to their customers is a priority for them sometime in the distant future, we'll just have to accept this 'way of life' ;)

>When you guys reply, you say I something... I think... 

That's because no one on here can speak for anyone else (Unless you've spoken to a person and know their view). You can hazard a guess about what the majority want but that can never be something which is certain.

You know that FOD's view is that if you don't like the way they handle program use on here, deal with it or go find another website. There are many other issues that people have been complaining about for 
years
 on here - nothing is ever done (And 80% of the time the issue isn't even aknowledged - just look at the requests and suggestions forum). 

They won't do anything about programmers, they won't do anything about the numerous bugs in billiards, they won't update the forum which is neither professional looking or user friendly, they won't sort out the inefficient approval system, they won't sort out the "timeout on blackball" issue - what they can sort out is a new way to subscribe ;) But more fool me because even though I can complain about these issues I'll still be here in a years time :p

if ppl use programmes then they shouldnt get point
Very good post Chris !! I completely agree with you especially about the request/suggestions bit, i posted a topic last week there basically asking why they added this part of the forum if nothing we ever ask for gets even looked into, Obviously they didnt approve the post as it aint there now, rather than listening to us they'l just brush it aside with no care what so ever.

The requests/suggestions has been open a good while now but what's been updated FOD? can you explain to us why nothing EVER gets updated unless it gains you more money? like subscribe by mobile? fair enough its pretty cool but its only there so you can make more MONEY from kid's who aint got a credit card, i didn't really think about it until Chris pointed it out and to be honest im quite livid about it. 

Is this all FOD cares about? making money? You should start treating us with some respect and listen to what we want, i think the ignorance is a disgrace considerin how much money the owners must be raking in from our pockets, your customers have made you what you are today but they are getting nothing in return other than the exact same game for the last 6? years. When was the last time you updated the PC game, i remember i used to log on and near enough monthly we'd had to download a new version which was pretty cool but that aint happened for years either, also in Chess i think it is once you get disconnected a box pops up which allows you to re-connect rather than lose your rating, why hasn't this been added to Billiards ? whats the difference?

Id like FOD to answer my questions on this tho ill probably get banned and this will be covered up :p

We'll have to see wont we ;)
Thanks for reading!
the requests/suggesttions section of the forum should be (in an ideal world) players posting ideas, and fod team/OP posting and having a debate about ideas, there arent really any good suggestions and good conversations in there, just people mentioning how people use programs. Chris and Scott i agree, fod dont awnser our questions. I said it before what other site has an awful error in the black timeout, just think if we didnt play here, and a freind told you about the rule, you would say that it was appauling. Not professional at all.

But to me for all my time here Backgammon was in latest, i never knew it existed for a while, and now darts 301 on the latest section, its pathetic.

hope fod resolve the issues and listen to its cuustomers.
years ago they did wen subs were brought in,since they now get paid 4 adverts where loose change 2 them
speaking of ads ocean

im now not subbed and get ads. as you know u cant mention another pool/snooker site. theres an ad advertising another pool site, to me that is insane, and shows that money is the #1 here on fod
having pool sites as ads is ok.

i've played a few times on web version lately,and i've seen adverts like

ZOMG MEET THESE HOT GIRLS NOW

PARIS HILTON HAS A WEBCAM ON 24/7

GET USA GREEN CARD JUST BY TELLING YOUR EMAIL

etc
if they have such ads on their site,why aren't we allowed to swear then?
they say we can't swear because there are kids on the site
so its probably ok when kids see ads with hot girls 24/7,isn't it? 
I subscribe Baz Attack and Scotty's opinions. I have made numerous suggestions in the connect 4 section, but do you even think they listened to me? They don't even take me serious. And who else then experienced players (like me, but also others) can make improvements to the games they know best? Sure OPERATOR and mods know much about FOD procedures and policies, but what do they know about the games themselves? About connect 4, not much, I can tell.

About the programmer thing. I have said it before and continue saying it: they should have never allowed it in the first place. I like the idea of Baz about two seperate top lists. Then I might even consider subscription. Now it is off no use due to all the cheaters.
thx Ocean

massi i agree maybe it isnt so bad having pool sites as add, and all the hot girls ads ect are worse i guess.

but my point being is that u get a demerit or ban for advertising other sites on fod, yet they do it apparently just for money
sorry double post.

T. you have good points, an experienced subbed player who has given suggestions that should definately be taken in account.

and for what you say. >Sure OPERATOR and mods know much about FOD procedures and policies, but what do they know about the games themselves? About connect 4, not much, I can tell.

im not speaking for all mods here but you sure have a great point. 
ive noticed that the numbers on this site r declinin.. the rooms used 2b full 24-7,most ppl used 2 come bak now they dont bother.

i guess its like all new businesses there thankful wen u spend ur money at 1st but then u get the bigger fish and the lil ppl dont matter so much
I agree with everyone of what they have said. For the advertisement, if I ever get on a non subbed name and I get a certain pop-up it usually makes my screen go all black or it disconnects me which these two result in the same thing as losing in a game. Some of the adverts are very bad with the Paris Hilton thing and other stuff like HyperCam Girls and stuff actually seeing the body parts but to a certain degree. 

3.8 Referring to body parts or sexuality. 

This is a rule that FlyOrDie has, if anyone refers to it by talking about it they get banned which I think should happen if nasty people talk about that. But the pictures are worse than words, because a picture is worth a 1000 words which means it gives children a lot of bad ideals which shouldn't come to a child's mind. I think it's wrong that FlyOrDie is making money off this and not really caring about the players. A lot of this has been talked about in the past, but nothing got done until monthes later or maybe the advert people weren't paying FlyOrDie anymore so they took them off. Waiting for newer and better (worse) adverts to come to their website. As I heard, this is a friends family website and we should all be a family like what Chris said and not fight with each other because face it, were all human.

This topic has been going on for a long time with good ideals from the past and some of them that are new but obv. FlyOrDie moderators are listening to our comments and haven't deleted it but where is the Operator? Moderators can't do anything (in what were talking about) only the OP's can fix our problems and listen to our comments and try to make FlyOrDie good for everyone since we ALL are keeping this site a live. But the Question you have to ask yourself, is for how long until everyone's sub ends, I don't think they will resub but I guess you can count on the programmers because they have it their way like Burger King, so now FlyOrDie depends on all of the programmers. Question to the programmers, is how low (long) can you go man (boys & girls) until you stop getting bored because you finally reliaze that programming is not the way to go and than your going to start getting bad at the other programmers because you had to learn the hard way but they haven't yet... 

Just the circle (box) of life ;)
very good post mike. great analysing about the paris hilton popup ect ect. and fod pride its self on being family friendly. i mean some ppl here are idiots, there everywhere, but what family frienly site has these kind of popups :|

well my subscription has just ran out a week or so ago, and i may not re-subscribe. but the thing why we are all here and love the site(with all its faults)is the games. fod has a good base in the billiard games, chess of course with 3000 players on now, used to be around 2000

this shows something about programmers:| and looking in chess, connect 4 or whatever atleast half of the top players use a program.

OP please tell me why fod chose the use of programs, not causing an aargument i would just please like to hear an awnser about this subject

Here's a few quotes from OP about the subject Baz :)

"Program play is a natural ingredient of any online board game. You cannot get rid of it. You can claim that there is no program play on a site, but you are wrong.."

"what is your problem with programs, why should it be forbidden. You do not need to play with them, you can simply ignore them, and play real players.
If someone wants to play against a program, why do you think we should not allow this? Why should we also not allow two programs to play against each other?"

"We have made this site honest by doing our best to sign the player whom we suspect to use programs, thus giving you the possibility to decide if you wish to play against a program or not."

"but if we cannot detect all programs, how can you expect to ban them all?"

"I repeat once again that unfortunately we cannot satisfy the claims of every one of our dearest players. We have done our best to find a solution to the program players. Now some of you might not agree that this is the best. You might think that you have a better solution. Well, most players would not agree with you either..."

"there is no perfect solution, I have only one advice, if you don't like programs, don't play them (we have done everything we could do in order to help you avoid them if you wish so)."

thx Chris

i agree with some of the points there made by OP. but this is a forum and theres nothing wrong with us discussing this. i have said previous that it was good showing who the program players are. i stand by my opinion but with those quotes he makes a fair point i guess.
well about the program thing, I don't like the programmers, but I know that the detecting system can't catch them all, but atleast if it does, once they get caught can their be a program top list and a fair player top list. I know it's not going to be 100% tho but atleast it will be close to perfect because you can't catch them all in that's a fact in life.
Four pages and four days into this topic and still we are yet to see a reply from the Op, i know he checks these forums regularily because he post's in the Magyar section quite often...a Mod could post but they can't really answer our question's can they?

Guess we should just be used to this by now eh ;)

Mike you can make a good post when you want to (never thought id say that :p)
Well thanks for keeping me reading this for ages..

there arent really any good suggestions and good conversations in there

You're on about the Requests/Suggestions part when you say this, but I disagree with what you've said here, there's been 
numerous
 requests by loads of people, including the usual forum regulars like myself, and nothing has been done.

Mike for a change you have created a decent topic, I may have flamed you earlier in this very topic, but as much I don't agree with your initial point in your topic, it highlights a need for change and that's something we're just not getting, just about everyone who's posted in this topic so far has been subscribed for years, what have we 
really
 got back in return?

And don't say spots on our info page, backgammon (although I find that to be good), or darts...
I think mods and OP are getting tired of replying to our complaints about the programmers.

I once had a long discussion with OP about the use of a program in connect 4 (that's where Chris has got OP's quotes from if I'm not mistaking). He replied on every post I made back then, but most of the time he was just repeating himself in different words, and to be true, so was I :p I was convinced of my opinion, he was of his. And he is OP, I'm just a non subbed user. End of story...

Anyway, after that discussion I haven't seen him reply to any more of our "complain about the cheaters" topics, and believe me, we connect 4 people can be pretty stubborn about that ;)

I sort of accept the fact there are cheaters here and that they can play here as well. It's all fine by me, but maybe we should have indeed two separate rating systems. It would take away a lot of frustration...:|

Anyway, I see other players from different games have interesting opinions about this topic and that's nice to see. So in that way, good topic Mike. You can do it if you want indeed ;)

true paralysed there are often posts by the regular posts, what i meant was there should be debates between the players and fod staff about certain ideas. 

i mean sometimes there are some great posts and suggestions, but to here fods view and get into conversation about a suggestion is what i meant.
"Four pages and four days into this topic and still we are yet to see a reply from the Op, i know he checks these forums regularily because he post's in the Magyar section quite often...a Mod could post but they can't really answer our question's can they?" 

--this is what Scotty said

I absoulty agree with Scotty on this. I believe the OP and the moderators do keep tract of the forums regulary. I have noticed that in this forum, we haven't seen anything typed in here that was bad unless either one of those are deleted the bad messages. It's like the same 6 people on the same forum no one else hasen't stepped in. We need more people to prove our points maybe? :|

is it me or as sum of the posts been deleted
What you been smokin tonight Newkkkkk :D
Neither mods or op reply,because they are certainly working on a great major update - 
NEW COLOURED DICE IN MY INFO ZOMG!
You all just reply cause you want to get this topic with thousands replys? How sad :D
how sad u sat up all nite and thought that 1 up ;)
whats wrong with this they have about  100 rooms for chess and 8 ball and 9 ball( 9 ball only needs 5 or such)
but they cant make non rated rooms for other games!?!??!?!?!?! if connect four had a non rated room it would be the most used non rated room unlike chess and 8 ball who always have 0 people. also more better players would come back! NOT TO MENTION EVERY GAME COULD HAVE ONE WITCH WUOLD GET MORE PEOPLE BUT OBVOUSLY FLYORDIE DOESNT CARE ABOUT THAT. i say this because look at the flyordie top list its a joke if everybody in the world looked at it i guanrtee the stupidist people would even say that they cheat. but "OBV" the op doesnt care that they ruined a game that use to get 150 saturday mornings before.
yea i agree,8 ball and pro snooker don't need so many rooms,we could have light unrated room instead,and unrated for board games as you said
OP doesn't choose the ads, an ad company provides them, therefore he doesn't know what ads are on the games unless you tell him. 
well enough people have said the ads what are on the game and hasnt been a change.

therefore he doesn't know what ads are on the games unless you tell him.

If that's true then that shows just how in-touch with the game he is.

I tried yesterday to play some games, just can't get back into it, the ads just kill my game, timing out every other shot because of the lag makes it pointless. I would sub but I can't be bothered paying for a game I hardly play nowadays.

I'll still try this 3v3 thing though.
>If that's true then that shows just how in-touch with the game he is.

Agree 100% Martin. It says a lot about FOD when it's up to the 
players
 on the site to sort out and report adverts that affect gameplay/show nudity/advertise adult sites because FOD don't have a clue what the ad company (from what OP has said in the past, presumably a third party) is doing. 
this is about points thought mike doesnt have a problem with that stuff.

also it would be nice if the op responded why he cant turn rooms in other games to non rated rooms....connect four needs one the most for the fair players.
actrally flyordie should have another room for connect four and other games also thats non rated and then in the other room for some board games a non program room if you have a program sign already you cant log into that room once you get a program sign in that room mods can choose to have you banned or not and your get booted from the room.

im just going back to the main topic here also...
it would be nice if the op responded

you really believe in miracles,don't you?;\
yes i've said before that it's ironic they block profane words when the ads they have are 10x more profane.  They don't want little kids to hear bad words but they want them to watch porn.  (and best of all, the word porn is blocked lol)

as for the lag spikes, that's why i use an adblocker.  But last time i used the word "adblocker" in a post, the post got deleted.  Like it's some kind of secret that adblockers exist.  (and are free)

Plus i highly doubt any of those affiliate sites have made made any new business as a result of those ads.  How many of the 15 year olds who play here are actually clicking the ads and then buying whatever it is they advertise?  They don't have credit cards, and i doubt their mothers are gonna buy porn for them.
oh i didn't know it was blocked here too.  I was using the P word that rhymes with corn.
Regarding ads...

The ads are served by an external company, and those ads are based on your geogrpahical location, determined by your ip address. Since the site serves players globally it is unreasonable to expect FlyOrDie to be able to actually see every single one of those ads.

Some of you complain about the nature of the ads seen, but in all honestly i have seen ads of a similar nature on the back of public service buses and taxis on a regular basis.

In the even that there is a truly offensive advert or one that interferes with gameplay then it is possible to have that specific advert removed, but in order to do it you would need to do the following:

1 - Take a screenshot of the offending advert
2 - Take a note of the EXACT url of the offending advert
3 - Email both pieces of information to support@flyordie.com

LMAO

But Buses and Taxi's know what there advertising.

FoD take the money for advertising ,but dont know what it is there advertising. 

:O 

Your point is understandable V. I don't think any of us should expect OP (or another employee) to trundle through every advert that's played in the various global areas I suspect the adverts are chosen for and aimed at :p. 

What needs to be done by the sounds of it, is for FOD to get in contact with the "external company" and find out why such adverts are being shown on a site (this 
a mon avis
 is an enitirely reasonable suggestion). I think it's quite possible that if we were to post some of the images that are shown in the adverts on the forum, then the topic would be removed and possible action taken by the moderation team and 
that
 is what's confusing me personally. When a site has rules for their users (rule 3.8 seems to be the major one) but seems to disregard these rules themselves, it becomes an almost hypocritical situation.

>Some of you complain about the nature of the ads seen, but in all honestly i have seen ads of a similar nature on the back of public service buses and taxis on a regular basis.

And that just demonstrates the type of sexually obsessive and vain society that we have turned into. That, however, shouldn't be used as an excuse (or justification) for such images on the top of the webpage. For example swearing is all over our tv screens day and night, FOD still police such behaviour though. If what I've read is correct, then out of the 10 advertising agencies that are involved with this site, it (in my view) shouldn't be too difficult at all to pinpoint those which are contributing to the problem.

Maybe FOD should take notice to one of their 
own
 quotes :p

Please be aware you are entering a community comprised of different age groups...

An interesting point to note is that by FOD's own admission, 
35%
 of its users are under the age of 17, second only to the 18-27 age group (let's just assume testosterone fuelled 20 year old males are the reason for this advertising :D)

hah so the companies target me cuz they know i'm a perv

no wonder the ads were all 60 year old trannies...

waiiit so 65% of the people at this site are 18 and older????  Maybe all the oldies play pool which i dont play
Gosh, i read half your post then fstal n thought you was gonna go on another crazy mathematic streak. Lmao :p

At least Ver has the gonads to reply to this post, Ver can you personally email the Op and tell him to read through this post, then reply without using any sarcasm whatsoever? :D
The New Mike told me on msn that he got perm banned for forum abuse because of this forum. Please stand up for Mike he had good stuff to say and good thoughts he was just trying to make Flyordie better but instead he gets banned on both of his accounts for no reason. 

Please post something since this isn't right!!!
Just tell them what I already said then V :(

These public busses are getting very rude nowadays, I think I'll complain.
Is silly idea, although there are alot of people who dont care about points, it is the main reason we are all members right?  Its a challenge too really see how good you are.
points? since when were we talking about points lol.  How dare you bring us back on topic! :P
Yea the actual topic here went at around page 2 :p
with regards to points....

Over the years there have been several variations, ranging from no points, points only for subscribers, and points for all.

No matter which system was used, people whined, moaned, and generally found a hundred reasons they didnt like whichever system was being used at the time.

Personally i dont care if there are points or not. On the rare occasions i play these days i play for fun, and i play others who are like minded. 

Until people learn the difference between playing for fun, and playing for the wooly hat (which smells btw cos nobody ever washed it), then there will always be moaners.

Veriacs just jealous he was never good enough to get a...wooly hat?
lol...ive had the wooly hat in all the pool/snooker games multiple times, including holding all 4 at once :p

^^ very true. Veriacs the man! whats up