Forums » Dear Moderators
Points!?!?!?!?
Replies: 95   Pages: 7   Most recent reply posted by: Caption (Oct 4, 2008 7:14 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 95   Pages: 7   [ Go: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » ]
Ocean

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 22, 2008 5:04 PM
mine either and i am english lol

The New Mike

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 22, 2008 8:30 PM
Let's try to get back on topic kids

Ocean

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 22, 2008 8:33 PM
ok baby

FORD GT.

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 22, 2008 8:34 PM
lmfao ocean

Baz Attack

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 23, 2008 3:09 PM
i dont think it would be a good idea mike, there are unnrated rooms. but i understand your piont of view about programmers and cheats, but without it it wouldnt be as good in my opinion, allthough i dont care on my rank

The New Mike

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 23, 2008 8:02 PM
Here's an idea***************

Maybe we can keep the ratings, but for instance some person is using a program in a game and there sub* and they are in the toplist than I think they should be removed of the toplist and this will solve a lot of problems I think.

Many people complain about the toplist mostly because almost half of the players use a program. You tell me, I would rather see good players on the toplist who have actually earned it, rather than some person just using some program to win a game...

For instance, in connect 4, everyone in the toplist their program accept for like 5 people or less that I know of.

Back to my point, People pay money I guess to be on the toplist and many other reasons, but if some person cheats than I think they shouldn't be on the toplist unless they stop using a program.

What do you think because I truely like this idea and I think this idea can go a long ways. I mean WHY pay money if your just going to "cheat" on every game you play just to be on the toplist... Please players of FlyOrDie and moderators and also Opearators, please if you take anything serious what I say, take it now!!!

Kurt Maflin™

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 23, 2008 8:31 PM
omg, what a kid... He doesen't understant that using a program to decide ur moves on fod is ALLOWED

Çhris

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 23, 2008 8:43 PM
The problem is that FOD allows program use. Because they allow it they cannot therefore start giving advantages/preference to those who don't use programs. Also the fact that the FOD have a system that suggests that a "player might use icon" (Hence there is no certainty) means that it's more hassle than it's worth to create a fair system, code it, implement it and then read the flood of forum topics asking why he/she/they/it aren't on a toplist anymore .

Enough people complain already that they have been labelled by FOD as a possible program user, introduce such a system that targets these people, removing them from the toplist when there is no rule against such program use, will just cause more complaints than FOD really need.

But of course none of us can have any real influence over any decision made on here. OP stands his ground on the issue of program use so I highly doubt that he would consider 'punishing' those who might use a program with any sort of idea suggested on the forum.

Baz Attack

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 23, 2008 9:39 PM
i agree fod shouldnt have programs, what anyone can gain by it i dont know. least they implemented the icon to show who uses one.

FOD could do a non-program toplist for the top non proogrammers who want to get high by playing fair, then again people will always be accused of using program, wheather true or not. so that toplist would be a sham.

as Chris said, fod brought on the problem by allowing programs to be used.

(the program idea really was an awful one)

The New Mike

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 24, 2008 1:28 AM
I stand on what I believe. Maybe there can be two different toplist for "fair" players and players that "might use a program". I don't know any of my friends that have had any problem with this. I believe the system is correct. When I play people at another place, they keep telling me that they do not program but when I play them there, there is a system that tells me that I can see what there kinda doing.

It would be nice change, sometimes change is good!!! Think about it... There are more fair players than there are programmers (I hope ) but it's not fair for all the other people who do play fair. There are more fair players that pay for sub than programmers. Most of the subs are not in the toplist like they always dreamed of because the programmers are lowering their stats and keep getting higher and higher which is becoming very hard to get in the toplist these days depending on which games you play some might be easier than others. Anyways, we (well FlyOrDie) doesn't want the fair players to stop paying for sub or quit on them since money is good. A lot of people don't use the forums because when they try to prove a point it gets bought down because of you guys not thinking out side of the box. When you guys reply, you say I something... I think... That's not always bad, but for this topic try to think of others who have had the same problems. I just want to help out, and I'm a person who tries to make what is right even tho others haven't seen what I have. Just please, try and rethink what I just said.

The New Mike

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 24, 2008 1:29 AM
Most of the fair subs*

Çhris

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 24, 2008 11:53 AM
>A lot of people don't use the forums because when they try to prove a point it gets bought down because of you guys not thinking out side of the box.

Sorry Mike but if people aren't using the forum because not everyone agrees with an idea they have brought forward then that's a personal issue for them to deal with. It would be great if we were all happy families and said "yes that is a good idea" and leave it at that, but the point of a forum is to discuss an idea and give different perspectives on an issue.

It's difficult to think 'outside the box' on here because FOD is the box. We know this website isn't going to win any awards for listening to us and making radical changes, and unless they decide listening to their customers is a priority for them sometime in the distant future, we'll just have to accept this 'way of life'

>When you guys reply, you say I something... I think...

That's because no one on here can speak for anyone else (Unless you've spoken to a person and know their view). You can hazard a guess about what the majority want but that can never be something which is certain.

You know that FOD's view is that if you don't like the way they handle program use on here, deal with it or go find another website. There are many other issues that people have been complaining about for years on here - nothing is ever done (And 80% of the time the issue isn't even aknowledged - just look at the requests and suggestions forum).

They won't do anything about programmers, they won't do anything about the numerous bugs in billiards, they won't update the forum which is neither professional looking or user friendly, they won't sort out the inefficient approval system, they won't sort out the "timeout on blackball" issue - what they can sort out is a new way to subscribe But more fool me because even though I can complain about these issues I'll still be here in a years time

Ocean

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 24, 2008 1:18 PM
if ppl use programmes then they shouldnt get point

- Scotty -

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 24, 2008 1:44 PM
Very good post Chris !! I completely agree with you especially about the request/suggestions bit, i posted a topic last week there basically asking why they added this part of the forum if nothing we ever ask for gets even looked into, Obviously they didnt approve the post as it aint there now, rather than listening to us they'l just brush it aside with no care what so ever.

The requests/suggestions has been open a good while now but what's been updated FOD? can you explain to us why nothing EVER gets updated unless it gains you more money? like subscribe by mobile? fair enough its pretty cool but its only there so you can make more MONEY from kid's who aint got a credit card, i didn't really think about it until Chris pointed it out and to be honest im quite livid about it.

Is this all FOD cares about? making money? You should start treating us with some respect and listen to what we want, i think the ignorance is a disgrace considerin how much money the owners must be raking in from our pockets, your customers have made you what you are today but they are getting nothing in return other than the exact same game for the last 6? years. When was the last time you updated the PC game, i remember i used to log on and near enough monthly we'd had to download a new version which was pretty cool but that aint happened for years either, also in Chess i think it is once you get disconnected a box pops up which allows you to re-connect rather than lose your rating, why hasn't this been added to Billiards ? whats the difference?

Id like FOD to answer my questions on this tho ill probably get banned and this will be covered up

We'll have to see wont we
Thanks for reading!

Baz Attack

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 24, 2008 3:15 PM
the requests/suggesttions section of the forum should be (in an ideal world) players posting ideas, and fod team/OP posting and having a debate about ideas, there arent really any good suggestions and good conversations in there, just people mentioning how people use programs. Chris and Scott i agree, fod dont awnser our questions. I said it before what other site has an awful error in the black timeout, just think if we didnt play here, and a freind told you about the rule, you would say that it was appauling. Not professional at all.

But to me for all my time here Backgammon was in latest, i never knew it existed for a while, and now darts 301 on the latest section, its pathetic.

hope fod resolve the issues and listen to its cuustomers.

Replies: 95   Pages: 7   [ Go: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » ]

Back to Topic List      Top of the page