Forums » Dear Moderators
Points!?!?!?!?
Replies: 95   Pages: 7   Most recent reply posted by: Caption (Oct 4, 2008 7:14 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 95   Pages: 7   [ Go: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 » ]
D-d0gg

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 30, 2008 1:49 AM
this is about points thought mike doesnt have a problem with that stuff.

also it would be nice if the op responded why he cant turn rooms in other games to non rated rooms....connect four needs one the most for the fair players.

D-d0gg

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 30, 2008 1:51 AM
actrally flyordie should have another room for connect four and other games also thats non rated and then in the other room for some board games a non program room if you have a program sign already you cant log into that room once you get a program sign in that room mods can choose to have you banned or not and your get booted from the room.

im just going back to the main topic here also...

Massimiliano.

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Sep 30, 2008 1:42 PM
it would be nice if the op responded
you really believe in miracles,don't you?

fstal86

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Oct 1, 2008 2:55 PM
yes i've said before that it's ironic they block profane words when the ads they have are 10x more profane. They don't want little kids to hear bad words but they want them to watch ****. (and best of all, the word **** is blocked lol)

as for the lag spikes, that's why i use an adblocker. But last time i used the word "adblocker" in a post, the post got deleted. Like it's some kind of secret that adblockers exist. (and are free)

Plus i highly doubt any of those affiliate sites have made made any new business as a result of those ads. How many of the 15 year olds who play here are actually clicking the ads and then buying whatever it is they advertise? They don't have credit cards, and i doubt their mothers are gonna buy **** for them.

fstal86

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Oct 1, 2008 2:56 PM
oh i didn't know it was blocked here too. I was using the P word that rhymes with corn.

T.

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Oct 2, 2008 11:32 AM
Prematurely born?

Veriac

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Oct 2, 2008 11:45 AM
Regarding ads...

The ads are served by an external company, and those ads are based on your geogrpahical location, determined by your ip address. Since the site serves players globally it is unreasonable to expect FlyOrDie to be able to actually see every single one of those ads.

Some of you complain about the nature of the ads seen, but in all honestly i have seen ads of a similar nature on the back of public service buses and taxis on a regular basis.

In the even that there is a truly offensive advert or one that interferes with gameplay then it is possible to have that specific advert removed, but in order to do it you would need to do the following:

1 - Take a screenshot of the offending advert
2 - Take a note of the EXACT url of the offending advert
3 - Email both pieces of information to support@flyordie.com

peter01

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Oct 2, 2008 12:10 PM
LMAO

But Buses and Taxi's know what there advertising.

FoD take the money for advertising ,but dont know what it is there advertising.

Çhris

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Oct 2, 2008 12:30 PM
Your point is understandable V. I don't think any of us should expect OP (or another employee) to trundle through every advert that's played in the various global areas I suspect the adverts are chosen for and aimed at .

What needs to be done by the sounds of it, is for FOD to get in contact with the "external company" and find out why such adverts are being shown on a site (this a mon avis is an enitirely reasonable suggestion). I think it's quite possible that if we were to post some of the images that are shown in the adverts on the forum, then the topic would be removed and possible action taken by the moderation team and that is what's confusing me personally. When a site has rules for their users (rule 3.8 seems to be the major one) but seems to disregard these rules themselves, it becomes an almost hypocritical situation.

>Some of you complain about the nature of the ads seen, but in all honestly i have seen ads of a similar nature on the back of public service buses and taxis on a regular basis.

And that just demonstrates the type of sexually obsessive and vain society that we have turned into. That, however, shouldn't be used as an excuse (or justification) for such images on the top of the webpage. For example swearing is all over our tv screens day and night, FOD still police such behaviour though. If what I've read is correct, then out of the 10 advertising agencies that are involved with this site, it (in my view) shouldn't be too difficult at all to pinpoint those which are contributing to the problem.

Maybe FOD should take notice to one of their own quotes

Please be aware you are entering a community comprised of different age groups...

An interesting point to note is that by FOD's own admission, 35% of its users are under the age of 17, second only to the 18-27 age group (let's just assume testosterone fuelled 20 year old males are the reason for this advertising )

fstal86

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Oct 2, 2008 12:56 PM
hah so the companies target me cuz they know i'm a perv

no wonder the ads were all 60 year old trannies...

waiiit so 65% of the people at this site are 18 and older???? Maybe all the oldies play pool which i dont play

- Scotty -

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Oct 2, 2008 5:43 PM
Gosh, i read half your post then fstal n thought you was gonna go on another crazy mathematic streak. Lmao

At least Ver has the gonads to reply to this post, Ver can you personally email the Op and tell him to read through this post, then reply without using any sarcasm whatsoever?

The Old Mike

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Oct 2, 2008 8:46 PM
The New Mike told me on msn that he got perm banned for forum abuse because of this forum. Please stand up for Mike he had good stuff to say and good thoughts he was just trying to make Flyordie better but instead he gets banned on both of his accounts for no reason.

Please post something since this isn't right!!!

υηкησωη мαgι¢ιαη

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Oct 2, 2008 11:23 PM
i can see it happen...

Rise

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Oct 3, 2008 10:27 AM
Just tell them what I already said then V

These public busses are getting very rude nowadays, I think I'll complain.

Lewis ™

Re: Points!?!?!?!? Posted: Oct 3, 2008 11:36 AM
Is silly idea, although there are alot of people who dont care about points, it is the main reason we are all members right? Its a challenge too really see how good you are.

Replies: 95   Pages: 7   [ Go: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 » ]

Back to Topic List      Top of the page