Permanent Bans ?
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Permanent Bans ?
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Permanent Bans ?
When the Perm Banned nik makes another nik ,

what is the point of Permanetly Banning a nik ?

Any Mods enlighten me ?

?:|
Hmm....GOOD question!!!

Any Mod like to answer? :p

I was wondering this too.

~LittleEarthAngel~
ya lol good question... i think its cause once they perm you, regardless what you do from then on, you will always be evading a ban. i guess its just another one of their tricks to having us with no out.
i asked veriac one time if fod would help me with an issue i was having but he told me that with having a prior record of "being naughty" they dont have to do anything for me. which i believe to be true seeing as how its been 4+ years and still no help.

How are players punished here??? 

with mine Nick a player my password cracked. but became mine Nick  immediately closed.and now I cannot resist..

you know me already years long. I play am here 2003.  I have mine owing to the bochumer nick lost 
well fod would be a very quiet place if the banned ppl couldnt make new niks
simple they can lose subs for one. then they also lose a nick which people know theme by and second there ip has a record then which means they would get permed for litle things later. and eventraully your be ip baned which means your not be able to log in or make a new name on your ip which you can change but its an inconviance and some people have a solid ip that you would have to change internet providers to change it.

and you think we dont know all of that lol
could name a few reasons:
a) they would lose a lot of subscribers
b) they just give people second (third,fourth,...) chances. 
What i find funny is how easy Flyordie permanently ban Un-subbed nicks, i recently got a Demerit for the lamest of reasons, then i logged in to dispute the Demerit with Chillo as he was refusing to speak to me once he demerited me, then i received a permanent ban on my un-sub nick for ban evasion, i also received a 3 day ban on one of my other Sub nicks for ban evasion.

I find it wrong how you can be demerited without explanation and then not even be able to find out the reason why you got demerited in the first place. 

Email Flyordie, get no response whatsoever.

Nothing surprises me anymore though ;)
Think about it...

FOD would be in a WORLD of hurt if it permanently banned people and did not allow them to make new nicks and these people PAID to play here. That would NOT be a good business move for the company at all...not to mention possible lawsuits (??) etc. from the people who lost that hard-earned cash. Also FOD would probably cease to exsist in a while. 

MY OPINION ONLY. You don't have to agree with it. :p

~LittleEarthAngel~
>not to mention possible lawsuits (??) etc. from the people who lost that hard-earned cash.

Unfortunately (for some :p) FOD covers this in the terms and conditions everyone signs up for. In broad legal terms you can view it as "signing a contract", if someone breaks the rules then in effect that's a breach of the contract meaning the other party (FOD) can terminate it if they so wish.

ABSOLUTELY Chris...you are right, and it is just sad and selfish, but what can we do? The only thing we CAN do is leave the site, go find another site to play on and not give FOD our money. Unfortunately for me, I am addicted lol! I don't have much of a problem with the rules. :) 

Nice to hear from you Chris! What have you been up to?

Cheers and have a good one everyone!

~LittleEarthAngel~
>When the Perm Banned nik makes another nik ,

>what is the point of Permanetly Banning a nik ?

>Any Mods enlighten me ?

Is this a hard question Mods ? Would you like more time to answer ?

Or maybe your all on holiday !

;)

>Unfortunately for me, I am addicted lol! 

Haha I think you'll find you're not alone with that :p

>Nice to hear from you Chris! What have you been up to?

Been a busy bee lately with various University assignments and exams so my time for leisure has been cut short :( 
>Been a busy bee lately with various University assignments and exams so my time for leisure has been cut short  

Well I wish you much luck with all your studies! 

Been busy here too with the 4 kids in school and getting ready for Summer Vacation already, and there are still 4 months to go lol!

Take care! I think I will go get my rear kicked in 8-ball now. :p
~LittleEarthAngel~

>Is this a hard question Mods ? Would you like more time to answer ?

Peter01, you're asking the wrong question. You should be requesting a forum where you can ask the mods some questions :p

Seriously, look at the MO of this this site - its sole business aim is about maximizing user numbers to bring in money from ads and members. The moderators have to remain diplomatic so the best thing is for them to avoid questions like this. You already knew the answer before posting your original question, and I suspect that you are smart enough to not expect a reply.

Traditionally you wouldn't expect any environment or game changes from FoD because they prefer to put their efforts into expansion (how often have you seen updates based on user suggestions?). At this particular time other companies may be feeling the credit crunch and cutting back on advertising. Now is therefore not a good time for FOD to reduce user numbers - it's not good for their revenue, and it's not good for those who want this site to stay afloat.
hey isnt funny how theres a "Off-Topic" forum also...