Forums » The Larkinor Quest
Larkinor Scavenger Hunt
Replies: 29   Pages: 2   Most recent reply posted by: ezekial (Apr 3, 2021 8:44 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum
  Back to Topic List
Replies: 29   Pages: 2   [ Go: « 1 2 ]
DSPdigslut

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 1, 2021 5:49 PM
Yeah I guess the fact that worn items are still viewable on DSP characters meant this was going to be a spoiler day no matter what. Maybe the april fools day joke is that there isn't a diamond shovel and were given golden shovels that break on first use.

will day

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 1, 2021 6:24 PM
Well today is the day we find out if Eze has pulled off the best/worst april fools prank ever haha,

As you two have both equipped then I shall too,

The more I thought about this comp the more paranoid I have gotten that other combos could be correct and the more characters I have made.... anyway it has meant that i've basically not played my main at all this month, they're all sitting on max clicks near enough now!!

I'm not sure how others feel, but hopefully Eze is reading the forums today, is it possible to end the competition now? or to stop new characters from being made? Just due to time zone advantages, i'm going to be tucked up asleep and others across the pond could check my characters and choose who they want to emulate...

will day

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 1, 2021 6:27 PM
Oh and I forgot to say, despite creating a fleet of chars for this, if I am fortunate enough to win, would I be able to request the digger the prize goes to?

ezekial

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 2, 2021 8:07 AM
Sorry everyone for not checking the forums earlier; I was at work for the time of all the craziness anyhow, so not sure checking as soon as I'd gotten home would have helped much anyhow.

There are 8 entries, and each of them is slightly different.

With the exception of Nic, everyone is correctly holding an acid crystal and a crystal plate.

The other three clues are where there is some disagreement.

Don a digger's cloak of invisibility: Mole hide - I admit it's a really bad pun, but it is the only way to turn your digger invisible.

Wrap your souls with the largest organ from a dinosaur's cousin: Crocodile skin - I had a trivia question awhile back that claimed that the largest organ in a person's body is their skin. Crocodiles are likely more closely related to dinosaurs than lizards, though I guess an argument could be made that they're both cousins

And crown yourself with your most precious gem - The most valuable diggable item in the game is hyperium. Part of the reason for this was to make the scavenger hunt a little harder - having to invest heavily in luck meant you were fighting monsters with a digger character. I admit, I haven't played the early levels in a long time (even longer playing them "normally" or on a digger), which is why I overestimated the number of clicks you might need - I'm sorry if that caused some confusion, but some of you seemed to enjoy having the 40k bonus clicks. Treasure is only 1/13 of the value of a hyperium; though maybe if someone had gone to the trouble of making a treasure pyramid...

Dugraal is the only character who collected all the items as I intended, and is hence declared the official winner of the diamond shovel. All participants will receive a small consolation prize in their homes for their efforts.

P.S. DSP restrictions have been lifted. If you would like your character renamed or deleted (though most of you appear to have the funds to delete your own character) please let me know.

DSPdigslut

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 2, 2021 9:05 AM
https://www.cbc.ca/kidscbc2/the-feed/5-animals-with-prehistoric -ancestors

Sea turtle jumped out at me in this article and since it was the first dinosaur cousin Google search I thought I hit this one on the head. I knew skin being the largest organ triva too but a tortoise shell was large. I didnt deserve to win anyway because I stole mole hide from nicram on April 1st anyway, can't believe I missed that one.

NicramDuel

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 2, 2021 9:46 AM
Congratulations, Will!

And thank you very much again Eze for this competition! I really-really enjoyed it, and I am looking forward to more similar comps in the future - would be really happy to participate in them!

Don't worry about a thing - it was amazing just the way it was! Please don't feel like you need to apologize for anything - it was us alone who were responsible for yesterday's incident, and I think we're all over it by now. Your acted correctly in my opinion: We, the contestents have already realized quite a while back that this last day might indeed cause "ripples", especially if our assumptions were right (and they were, haha). But by the time we indicated it, it wouldn't have been fair to potentially shut out new contenders by retrospectively assigning an ending moment.

Regarding the above, I would only like to make three suggestions for the future:

1. No need to change anything that was already technically or theoretically related to this event: clues are perfect, clicks are perfect, limitations are nearly perfect too! I would, however, really-really like to stress how great having so much clicks for buffer or any other reason is - please continue to allow such a generous pool of clicks in the future!

2. If we had similar events more often, 2-3 times a year, or even just one where everyone can earn shovels or other unique items, than I'm sure everyone would be much less tense about getting the main prize. With news perhaps spreading ingame to other players too, eventually.

3. As yesterday's events showed, a precise ending moment could save some troubles for everyone. I really like DigSlut's idea on a possibility to hide all event participant's gear (if it's technically possible) - that could solve the time-zone issue.

As for the the hints related to the items: they were perfect! Not because they were easy, but because they all had that little twist that made it fun. Apparently, all players immediately deduced 4 of the 5 items correctly. Mole hide was the only one leading us in another direction - only to have an explosive realization on the last day, haha! Like in the movies! If you ever do such an event again, please, by all means, DO use similar puns - makes the event all the more fun! Regarding the click estimate - that was a great choice, too. I personally loved it, and would be saddened to see this being reduced in future events. Having highly limited clicks and an even more limited clickpool as opposed to the hungarian version and thus, such a heavy IRL gameplay time restriction may well contribute to Larki being a little less catchy here than there. Opening such a large window for movement upon character registration, similar to the one that was allowed during DSP is a GREAT thing, and the perfect opportunity to not just compete, but to test builds and make characters as well. For me, this meant the most second-most catching feature of the event the first being the great challenge of the hunt!

I also forgot to add in either of my posts that it was a huge relief to see how certain limitations can be implemented into the game - while others can be lifted. This has HUGE potential for both future events, and possible ways to perhaps alter game features to some extent to make the Larkinor Experience an even better one for starting and veteran players alike. I will be happy to perhaps share my thoughts on this matter at some future date... but for now... I just hope to see numerous similar events - and I salute all participants! Good job, Folks!

P.S.: Digslut, don't consider it stealing at all! I was happy to share the info, as I've stated earlier! If I would have wanted to keep it secret, I would have gone through extensive measures to do so, haha!

DSPdigslut

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 2, 2021 11:08 AM
to be honest getting 50 antigrav thingies 15 levels before I can even get them naturally on a digger is a big help, I would have participated in this event even if that was the prize! It was a fun little riddle i first played this game when the dig competition for the shortcut east out of city center was being constructed. However at the time I was in 5th grade and had to sneak the game in a different window so the teacher wouldn't notice. Eze i'm not sure where the best place to post this but I cannot access forums on digslut's account because when i started back on larki I used the "play with facebook" option and now that is the only way I can play. My account name is also childish and should be changed so when I chat with people it isn't the eyesore it is now.

will day

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 2, 2021 2:15 PM
Hi Eze,

Awesome I can’t believe that after all these years I finally have a DS!! Thanks for running the competition and see you all in chat soon

My only request is that could I have the shovel placed in the house of $hoveler please as he is my main digger?

Thanks!
Will

will day

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 2, 2021 2:19 PM
Ah I see that the shovel is already in Dugraals house, can I request a transfer? Or is that not allowed?

will day

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 2, 2021 7:55 PM
* Shoveler - can't even spell my own char's name correctly!

Thanks for hosting Eze, was really cool to see we could set parameters and restrictions on char's, hopefully we can keep doing fun things like this in the future

ezekial

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 2, 2021 10:24 PM
I can't transfer items or access them once they're placed in your house. The only way to transfer a diamond shovel would be through a clan storeroom.

NicramDuel

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 3, 2021 12:21 AM
"The only way to transfer a diamond shovel would be through a clan storeroom."

Wait...
...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!???!!!

This is still sinking in...

Eze, did you just do what I think you did there?!

Of all the things I thought about testing... Of all the little details in the game that have caught my eye... Of all the tricks and turns I came up with... How did this elude me until now?!

Talk about how this game can still send a cascade of giddy shivers down my spine after so many years... First the mole hide two days ago, now this...

I'm still only just beginning to grasp the magnitude of this statement!... Thank you A MILLION, Eze! <3 Literally! <3

will day

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 3, 2021 5:10 AM
The only trouble is I don’t know how to even get accepted for the digger clan anymore?

Can I throw the shovel away and you credit Shoveler with one instead?

I really wanted to make sure I won it but at the same time it’s not on the characters that I regularly play

will day

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 3, 2021 6:39 AM
I don't have the resources to set up a clan, all my characters on the main have completed all the missions,

I'm not sure what to do.. can we set a time to meet in chat and maybe do a drop shovel and put into Shoveler's house?

ezekial

Re: Larkinor Scavenger Hunt Posted: Apr 3, 2021 8:44 AM
Rewards are all sorted.

Again, if anyone would like a DSP character renamed, post here or find me in chat.

Replies: 29   Pages: 2   [ Go: « 1 2 ]
  Back to Topic List      Top of the page