Forums » The Larkinor Quest
Clans!!!! (an idea)
Replies: 33   Pages: 3   Most recent reply posted by: Montsegur (Mar 26, 2006 9:59 PM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 33   Pages: 3   [ Go: 1 2 3 » ]
nicram72

Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 22, 2005 2:40 PM
In the hungarian version, we have clans. Clans are an organisation of players who form a very close relation, and help, chat with each other within the forum. If a clan reaches the size of 10 players, it is entitled to start building a clanhouse. It is rigorous, but when built up, it can be extended to a variety of duties, like a warehouse for goods, from which NOTHING can be stolen, it is also a pub where you get free drinks(come on lads, just this alone is worth it!), and none the least, it represents the power of the specified clan.

Once designed, the clans will inrteract, and share their experiences. In Hungary, most clans are friendly with each other and their working together results in the entire evolution of the game itself.

I would like to recommend such a new function in the english Larkinor as well.

Merwydyn

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 22, 2005 3:31 PM
Pretty new to the game, but the idea sounds good to me.

rexyin8

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 22, 2005 3:59 PM
excellent idea! what determines who makes up the individual clans? are the clans made up of people of similar levels? types? for example, a clan of fighters?
how much influence do we as players have in the evolution of the english version? rexyin8

Talvikki

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 22, 2005 4:19 PM
Didn't they promise that with next upgrade (islands, boats and harbors) we could create clans? I'm only wondering when it will happen. One reason I paid for this was that promised upgrade...

Veriac

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 22, 2005 6:25 PM
Clans will be the last major upgrade. Before Clans the boats and other island will be implemented. This is because the amount of work required to implement clans is huge

nicram72

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 22, 2005 7:38 PM
Yes, the work is tremendous, but the hungarian support team could lend a hand, I'm sure of it.

The way we do it is as follows:
-only subscribers who are free and over level 20 may FORM a clan as a clanleader(In hungary I'm the leader of the DTL clan).
-anyone becoming free and reaching level 20 can join in(subscribing isn't necessary).
-Major clans will form in the very beginning. They will consist of specialized players(e.g.:thieves, robbers, mages, diggers, duel-warriors, monster-killing-warriors, etc.), who will join forces to maximize their impact. Be prepared for instance that the thieves will absolutely invade the town center, and no one will ever be safe again...(not even them due to repricutive counterattacks from the victims!)
-Later on, when these superior clans become stable, a newer generation of clans will emerge, mostly on a "friends join up" basis. Not necesarily weaker, but perhaps less renown to the public than the veteran clans, these will in turn have to fight for their survival-primarily because of internal problems and not because of the big ones. In fact, in hungary, the whole clan system is like a gigantic family of closer or more distant relations.

iggyfighter

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 22, 2005 11:35 PM
i would join a clan

Resedentevilmike

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 22, 2005 11:37 PM
i think that's a great idea (especially the free drinks).
i've always wanted more interaction with other players like talking or something but this would turn the game upsidedown!!!!

skacat100

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 22, 2005 11:58 PM
THAT WOULD BE ASOME DO CLAN LEADERS GIT ANY BENIFTS IF SO SIGHN ME UP

iggyfighter

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 23, 2005 12:27 AM
you should put like slim, cinder,and rebanne as clan leaders since they have been here a long time

dickymcdick

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 23, 2005 3:31 AM
pffttttttttttt *cough* Granted they have and they have all bestowed their knowledge upon others who have then handed it down to others and it all ended up in my hands among others...

nicram72

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 23, 2005 9:25 AM
It would not turn things upside down but give the game a boost. I'm not sure if it's allowed or not(I'll check the rules throughoutly), but we could try a test-clan. Since I only started the english version yesterday and have only 2 level 9 diggers and a level ten warrior, I don't have to be the clan leader, but in hungary I am already a leader of a one of the best clans and I have enough knowledge and experience in this matter, so I could help to show how it's done. Is it a good idea?

rexyin8

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 23, 2005 1:01 PM
thank you,nicram72, for bringing forth this idea of clans and explaining how it has functioned in the hungarian version. this gives me and all the other players a long range vision of the future game plans and enables me to better plan the build up of my character rexyin8.

Veriac

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 23, 2005 1:24 PM
Nicram, it would be of great help if you could outline to the players how the clan houses work.

ZhangFi

Re: Clans!!!! (an idea) Posted: Feb 23, 2005 4:20 PM
I love the clan idea but please don't restrict it to "freed" characters. I'm level 20 and my money rate does not seem to be grwoing fast enough to be free anytime soon. Let the non fre join as a lower level clan member (discounted drinks?, etc.). Maybe clan members can use them as practice dummies and help them power up!

Replies: 33   Pages: 3   [ Go: 1 2 3 » ]

Back to Topic List      Top of the page