« Back to All Topics
What lvl of luck is required to dig ore putty on TA?
?
Post here if you've dug oreputty and have low luck, and we'll see who is player with the lowest luck who has gotten oreputty.  If that makes any sense.

We can use the same method to determine how much luck is needed to get 2 oreputty at once.

So, for the first datum, The Barbarian can get 2 at once with luck 78.
I have gotten a few with 19 luck.
60 luck and only one at a time (every successful dig produces one ore putty in addition to whatever else)
My digger has 70 luck and can dig 2 at a time, maybe it starts at 67?
i am able to dig up ore putty one at a time.  my luck level is 39.  rexyin8
My understanding is that you can dig up oreputty with 11 luck or more.

Sandy
My digger has a luck of 44 and I have never gotten oreputty.
Perhaps there is some other factor at work as well?
Sudbury Joe had 60 luck and only ever got one ore putty, after he leveled his luck went to 63 and he started to dig two ore putties occasionally.
I just did a mini study with my 76 luck digger which may be of interest to some.

Everytime he digs up something on TA, he also digs up either one or two oreputty.  The number of oreputty dug up seems to be random.  For example, I have dug up both one and two oreputty along with 1 silver.  Similarly, I have dug up both one and two along with 1 kithrill/centro/dispro/hyperium.

Do any of the 80+, 90+ or 100+ Luck diggers ever dig up 3 oreputty in one click?

If anyone has a fighter/builder with a moderate amount of luck, please bring a shovel with you on one of your trips and spend 25 clicks digging just to see what happens.

Sandy

> My digger has a luck of 44 and I have never gotten oreputty.
> Perhaps there is some other factor at work as well?

Are you digging on Thord-Artin?  Have you spent a decent amount of clicks trying?  Do you ever manage to dig up anything else on Thord-Artin?

Sandy
My player is luck level 24 and I can dig up only 
one
 at a time.

Affe3

Always hanging around
FrogB has the most luck, I think- 107

He usually gets 2 oreputty if he digs up anything but he has never found 3 at once.
My figher, luck of 1, dug up 0 ore puttys and burned up 10 shovels digging nothing :)
It is possible to get multiples of ore putty. 

Currently players in the game can theoretically find either 1,2 or 3 ore putty each time. The number of players who could dig up 3 though can be counted on one hand, with fingers to spare.....

I'm guessing that means 100 luck and higher
Actually, there is a message from someone with 107 luck who has never dug up three.  Also, someone else said they only ever dug up 1 with 60, but started to dig up 2 with 63.  Since it requires 11 to dig up 1, I'm guessing it requires 61 to dig up 2.  It stands to reason that it requires 111 to dig up 3.

Sandy
If you have 107 luck AND a diamond shovel then you 
may
 occasionally dig up 3.

Obviously i cannot tell you the exact luck requirements, but to dig 1 ore you need only a small amount of luck. If you can dig up diamonds then theres a good chance you can find ore putty too.

You start digging... You have dug out a hyperium!
You rummage around in the hole you made and find 
3 oreputtys!

3047 experience points earned!

Woohoo!

But I'm sad to say that I'm really only getting 
three
 very occasionally... maybe once every 20 sucessful digs....

:(

Jewyl
Do you have a diamond shovel?  Did you try digging on TA before you got to 111 luck?

Sandy
Some new info.

I just got to 111 luck with a digger who doesn't own a diamond shovel.  The 111 luck theory held.  On my 187th successful dig (after 400-500 total clicks), I finally received 3 oreputty.  The other 186 successful digs all included 2 oreputty.

Sandy