« Back to All Topics
Re: formula for building exp
Ok its narrowed down now. It has something to do with the exp required for the level you are on. Personally i think it would just be easier to put something on Sandys site, where you put in the stones you want to build and your level, and see how much exp you get, similar to the traps.

Anyway...here are the levels we have so far.

Lvl......exp

Anyone with any characters not on the levels listed, please could you post your build somewhere relevant on the forum.

Sandys little helper.

Veriac can you please confirm for me and Sandy....

1. Does the level number play any part in the formula for exp when building?

2. Is it in fact the exp you 
require
 for that particular level (as a whole, not just how much you have left)?

3. Why cant you just give us the formula? Why must we work it out?
Level 6

47 XP per small stone

Level 7

55 XP per small stone
Lvl 25....1 stone....637exp

Lvl 60....1 stone....62400exp

Thanks to Penny and Cinder for those
5th level
ist level boat
1 stone 39 exp
we still need the following levels: 

8-12
14-19
42-47
55-58
61+

slim where did ya go??
At this moment in time i will not confirm or deny anything regarding xp and building. The reason is because this is something you have all worked hard on and it would be a waste if you were given the answer on the plate.

Plus its fun to watch :D:D

Levels still needed - post on the other topic though please.

1-4
8-12
12-19
44-47
55-58
61+

well... we're not getting nowhere... but we're not really getting anywhere either :p

Trouble325 :D:D

The reason that no one has posted the formula is that the formula is not easy. I have spent the morning doing statistical analysis of D's data and still do not have a clue. Granted, my statistical skills are a bit rusty and the statistical software I have is several years out of date, but it is not a function of the square, the square root, or the natural log. The residuals do not plot in any helpful way. In fact, a simple plot of XP vs level shows anomalies--i.e., points that do not fall in line with the others. (I'd post the graph but I don't know how to do that.) The XP for for levels 22 and 38 are particularly out of line with the others. Either those points were reported in error or there is a second explanatory variable at play here (possibly HP or Pers?). Or see below for what I think is the most likely explanation.

Another quirk of the data is that from level 30 to 39, with 2 exceptions, the data is totally linear (first difference = 650). Not only that, but the two points that are out of line have average out to 650. Before point 30 and after point 39, the data are mostly non linear, with steadily increasing first differences--although there are a couple of places where two consecutive first differences are the same.

Also of a suspiscious nature is the fact that all of the Xp's starting with level 26 end in 0 and those above 50 end in 00. This is highly unlikely to be the result of a simple formula. My best guess at this point is that there is no exact formula--that the game just uses a table that the developers mad up out of their own heads.

alpie (I can't help it--sometimes the statistician in me takes over)
so i've looked at the numbers a little while now, and need a few clarifications.  are we sure all those given numbers are experience per small stone?
also, after looking a little, i'd like to ask some numbers to be confirmed, because i think they're wrong.  so if anyone is on the following levels and could build a single stone (or a bunch of small stones and calculate experience per stone), that would be appreciated.
also, 42-47 are still needed, i believe.
--jason
Well Alpie after reading your post i need to throw out my ideas.  When Sandy and i sat down the one night i noticed a constant of 130 and 26.  How i arrived at that constant was i took the XP from say 33 and then from 240 subtracted to get 650, then divided by the 5 mil difference in lvl to get 130.  This seems to work for most every level.  Tho at lvl 39 to lvl 40 i noticed a 780 and divided by the same 5 mil needed to lvl i got 156.  Subtract the previos diff of 130 from 156 i got 26.  Now for lvl 40 - 41 i got 910 divided by 6 mil got 182.  Subtract that from 156 and get 26 again.  So see where i am going?  130/26 seem to be constants.  Possibly 13/26 as the overall constants.  I will rack my brain some more when i get some time.  But here is just my ideas.

Pyratic
So, Pyra, are you saying it is not actually a function of the level but of the XP needed to reach the next level? That might make sense in light of my first difference observations because it is the levels between 30 and 40 where the additional XP required to reach the next level is unchanged. Next time I have some free time (Hah! Maybe in October...) I'll try running those numbers.

alpie
I have different numbers for levels 36 and 37.  I don't remember where I got them from, but here they are:

36: 6110
37: 6760

These fit in with the divisible by 130 theory.  Levels under 26 do NOT fit in with this theory, but since TA was designed for level 30-ish, I wouldn't worry about this detail for now.  Once the formula is discovered, I'm sure it'll be relatively obvious how it scales for the levels under 26.  (BTW, it is just a coincidence that 26 is one of the few factors of 130?!)

I think the list of numbers people should REALLY be working on is the amount of XP/stone/130 and then trying to relate it to the amount of XP required to level-up (and/or the increase in the amount of XP required to level up the current level MINUS the amount required to level up the previous level).  Add those columns to your spreadsheets and you'll start to see some interesting connections happening... especially in the 30-40 level ranges.

Sandy
On a related note, IF this formula is based on the amount of XP required at each level, part of the problem in discovering the formula may be that all of the values in the XP article on my site are not correct.  Cinder has been correcting the high level ones as he goes, but if there were changes in some levels, there could be changes in others as well.

I guess I'm going to go start another thread to gather the amount of XP required for every level.

Sandy
Well the only thing i can work out from all of this is....

The value of exp/stone seems better when you at lower levels, nothing to do with xp/click.

There is definatly a consistancies and inconsistancies with the data.
Here is what i've done.

I divided the lvl by xp/stone, from the data that was provided by demon and others, the answer was less and less as the lvls got higher. Except for a few lvls these were 22 except i think its 21 thats the problem(i think 21 should be around 370-380xp/st), 38 could be 37((even with sandy's other xp) i beleive it should be around 6850-7000xp/st) thats the problem. 

There are other inconsistancies but i require all the lvls(at least upto lvl 60) before i can get a full analysis. 

I do have a couple of questions though....

- Has the data from xp/stone come from 1 stone being put into a building and getting the xp from the one stone or putting in 122 stones and dividing the stones from xp?
(This may not matter but has anyone checked?)

- Has all the data come from small building blocks or large?

- Can anyone make sense of what im talking about?

- Has anyone thought that V may not of given any information because there isnt any to give?

Mr.Mad1X-(
lvl 42 xp is 10920.
lvl 43 xp is 12220.

Now on to what Mad has stated.  When i check the xp per small stone i bring over a full load, build and then divide.  Ive checked a few lvls in the past and saw that the xp didnt change if it was 1 small or 100 small.  Knowledge that ive gathered is yes there is a formula, yes V does know it, and no he wont share.  Its not totally cause he doesnt wanna ruin the fun but also because he cannot tell anyone.  Further look into the numbers does reveal a pattern and looking at lvl 43 it shows 130 again...  Guess we need a full list of lvls to be sure...

Pyratic
Is this a "rubbing it in your face" bump, or a "I'm gonna start working on this old problem" bump?!

Sandy
bringing back the thread from the dead.  hey, it wasn't my idea.  sandy referenced it.

ideally, we need lvl's 44-47, 55-58 (and 54 also, since it seems wrong), to even begin looking at this data.  at that point, we'd have 30-60, which seems a reasonable range to work with.

even with what we have, something seems off... but not far enough off for any of them to be wrong.  there are patterns that show up.  and they seem to relate to xp's required to lvl, at least for the most part.

anyway, weirdest things i noticed in looking at the numbers a bit this afternoon... if you compare stones required for the entire level, the data we have for the low 40's shows each level requires less stones (and therefore less trips to TA) than the previous level.

good luck to anyone wishing to make a connection of the numbers!

--jason
Wow, and I just had a formula all worked out until I read D's post, that kinda threw it all off.
lol... Well, Tad, I think D's post was kinda a joke, seeing as how the level 100's don't get exp for ANYTHING that they do!! :P

lol... Well, dhar, I think T's post was kinda a joke!! :P

May as well finish this sequence...

lol... Well, Sandy, I think dhar's post was kinda a joke!! :P

lol... Well, Sandy, I think Sandy's post was kinda a joke!! :P

lol... Well, (n-1), I think (n-2)'s post was kinda a joke!! :P

Sandy