« Back to All Topics
"N"-of-a-kind Items
"N"-of-a-kind Items
"N"-of-a-kind Items
Are there any items out there that cannot be bought or built, or otherwise won through battle or solving missions?

I thought I saw such a listing on Sandy's site the other day, but I may have been hallucinating...

a diamond shovel is the only one of which I'm aware. It was awarded based on a special quest declared by the king earlier this year.
I believe antiballasts and wonderflasks also cannot be bought or sold on the market.  As well as building stones and special potions dropped by the TA monsters.
Oops - sorry, obviously didn't read the last part of your question.*blush*
There are a few items on my site for which the "source" (monster or store) and recipe is still unknown.  However, keep in mind that the data on the site is being compiled and edited by the players of the game, and it is neither 100% correct nor 100% complete.

I did a quick query for you and found the other items that currently have no source information:

- adibook-trousers
- ambergris
- chilli
- hacuka
- hyper manahelm
- longsword
- magnet
- miracle-egg
- napfolt
- nukleon
- rattlerattle
- silk underwear
- silver ring
- small pillow
- universium

Many of these appear to be high-level or very expensive items.  Their source information is probably out there but very few people (if any) are encountering these things at this point, and no one has entered it into the database yet.

There are also a huge number of missing items and monsters from the higher levels that we just haven't gotten to yet.  That's the beauty of a database-driven site.  We just have to add in each bit of information once, and it'll instantly appear in all appropriate places.

Sandy

Sandy, I've add monsters to Veriac's forum as Slim feeds me the info on them.  Caught my attention because the hakucka's (sp) is a monster drop item.  Feel free to peruse that site ;)

Oh, and silk underwear is now Magic Hull  :)

-Ralph
I went through the items listed on LG to get an inspiration of what comodity may be good to buy (and resell with small profit) on the market and found few interesting items there which intrigued me. I tried to find some information about them in this forum, but the most relevant topic was probably this one. It is quite outdated, so I put together small update. Quite many items from Sandy's list are updated on LG now, but there are some which are new to the list.

- adibook-trousers: Still no information on LG
- miracle-egg: Still no information on LG
- napfolt: This item has been removed from LG
- nukleon: Has been corrected to nucleon. Details added to LG.
- rattlerattle: Still no information on LG
- silk underwear: This item has been removed from LG
- silver ring: Still no information on LG
- universium: Still no information on LG

New items:

daemon amulett:
 There is no information how to build this item, who carries it, or where it is from although there is one recipe where this item can be used as ingredient (Parsian Slingshot). This amulett is available on Larkinor market, so I assume somebody got it somehow. :-)

Parachute:
 There is no information how to build this item, who carries it, or where it is from although there is one recipe where this item can be used as ingredient (Artiner slingshot).

pintrap:
 No information on LG.

scrap:
 No information on LG.

wool nugget:
 No information on LG.

Interesting items:

Life-essence:
 Did somebody try to build this item? There is recipe for it on LG and the ingredients are quite easy to get. The only catch seems to be that one of the ingredients is Imp's mushroom and I don't want to sacrify one if somebody did it already.
Pigeon: I have absolutely no idea what may be the use of pigeon
Stool-pigeon: the same as above

There is also quite a lot of items categorized as Mission items (more than 100), but with no details about which missions or what use.... I recognize few of them from those missions I was able to complete so far, but majority of these items are really weird ones.

Also I've seen some items worn by high level characters which I wasn't able to find on LG.

If someone has information on items listed above, just post it here. :-)

thanks

I forgot two items in "New" catgory:

Compass:
 There is no information how to build this item, who carries it, or where it is from although there is one recipe where this item can be used as ingredient (rimlander slingshot).

Badge:
 There is no information how to build this item, who carries it, or where it is from although there is one recipe where this item can be used as ingredient (thordi slingshot).
> adibook-trousers, miracle-egg, rattlerattle, silver ring, universium

I call these "orphaned items".  They came from the original items spreadsheet that was posted on Veriac's Larkinor player's site a few years back.  I mass-imported the whole thing when I founded the [url=
http://larkinorguide.com
]LarkinorGuide.com
/url] website.  I call them orphaned items since I imagine them to be items which were created for the game which remain in the Larkinor game database, but were never (or are no longer) implemented in the game.

> pintrap, scrap, wool nugget

These are likely all bad translations for trapnail, debris and wad respectively.  I've removed them from the database.  Thanks!

> silk underwear: This item has been removed from LG
> napfolt: This item has been removed from LG

Silk underwear became the magic hull.  Napfolt (a Hungarian word) was renamed to it's English translation: sunspot.

> daemon amulett 

Dropped by the level 104 [url=
http://larkinorguide.com/cgi-bin/monster.cgi?act=one&mid=892
]Thordian wizard
/url].  A spelling mistake prevented the link-up from working correctly (lazy programming, Sandy).  The spelling for this item changed in the game database about a month ago.  Fixed now, thanks!

> compass, parachute, badge

The compass is dropped by a level 105 monster, the parachute is dropped by a level 106 monster, and the badge is dropped by a level 108 monster.  We either don't have these monsters in our game or effectively don't have them since we can't get to a high enough level to encounter them.  Since these items don't appear in the tent, that would leave the balloon as the only way to get them... assuming they even exist.

Related to these items is another item called "banana peel" (called "banánhéj" on HU).  It is required for the level 85 wendir slingshot, which hasn't been added to [url=
]LarkinorGuide.com
/url] at all.  It's dropped by two monsters, one level 107 and one level 108.  This item is on the HU site, but is on the unconfirmed recipe page (more on those items later).

> Life-essence: Did somebody try to build this item?

I have built the two sub-ingredients for it using a non-sub characater who doesn't mind sparing an imp's mushroom.  I haven't managed to gather the 21 wonderflasks required to build the life-essence yet.  Non-subs can't do any of the wonderflask pub missions, so gathering 21 wonderflasks with a low level character means a whole lot of ballooning.  Give me a few days.

> Also I've seen some items worn by high level characters which I wasn't able to find on LG.

?!  What items are those?  I made a significant effort to clean up all those loose ends a few months ago.  I went level-by-level and ensured we have everything the HU player site has.  There are currently about 50 unverified recipes listed on the HU player's site that aren't on LG yet, but that's it.  I can't see people going there, translating the recipes, building the essentially random items, finding them actually useful, then using them... all without telling anyone and despite the fact that there are suffient items on [url=
]LarkinorGuide.com
/url] to suit all characters types.  But maybe I underestimate our players!

I mean to add these some day, but it's not the highest priority!  Anyone else wanna take over my spreadsheet and do it?!

> There is also quite a lot of items categorized as Mission items (more than 100), but with no details about which missions or what use.... I recognize few of them from those missions I was able to complete so far, but majority of these items are really weird ones.

The Pigeon and Stool-pigeon which you mentioned are part of this group.  Those two in particular are part of a mission item tree which includes another mission item, the curse-essence (which is also used in the curse deflector, yet another mysterious mission item).  No idea what they are for, but I would guess they're part of a mission that we don't have.  Again, these were entered as part of the original items import.

An item-by-item accounting of those seems almost pointless, as the best we can hope for is discovering which Mission Items are orphaned items and which are actually in use.  A task for another person or another day, perhaps.

Sandy
> Life-essence: Did somebody try to build this item?

Did about 60 balloon trips with 8 characters each until I had one with the 21 wonderflasks required.  Then I had to do 29 very repetetive recipes in the mage tower since non-subs can't use the quantity field in the mage tower back room.  Lots of time for very little reward... but now we know that it CAN be built.  It can neither be sold nor put down in your house, so he is now wearing it on his chest.  See it [url=
http://larkinor.flyordie.com/playerinfo.html?id=6603822-0&lang=en
]here
/url].

Sandy

Since we are on the topic of rare items.Maybe someone can tell me what a copperpiece is used for?I have 3 of these from mission 42 and have not tried to sell them on the market.
I have held on to them wondering if they were needed for anything of value later on.

Flossy
The copperpiece is useless.  Sell it at the store.

Interesting to note: historically speaking, a copperpiece is a term for a piece of money made from copper.  Copper is significantly less valuable than silver, yet this copperpiece is worth double one silver.  Maybe it's huge.

Sandy
10 copperpieces used to be part of a lizardsteel P/S tool, but was changed about 2 years ago to use different items for the same weapon.
i believe i remember hearing nicram tell us a while back that it's needed in some mission in the hungarian game... some mission which we don't currently have in our game (and for all we know, may never have).  of course, this is if my memory serves me well, because it seems to me this was almost a year ago we asked him about it... so i could just be making this up, hoping it's part of a mission.  but my memory doesn't do that too often... i hope!
--jason
Thanks for all the info on this item.I will hold onto them till later then if (crosses fingers)it is needed for a later mission.(I dont see it happening but hoping)

Flossy
Thank you Sandy for very exhausting answer!

> Also I've seen some items worn by high level characters which I wasn't able to find on LG.

> ?! What items are those?

I really don't remember exactly. I believe it was Ainuan iv (not 100% sure) who had weapon when he was level 98 or 99. I do not remember the name, but I remember it was one word ending with dagger and I didn't see that item on LG.
The level 98 P/S weapon was translated by Nicram as "crampdagger" in [url=
http://forum.flyordie.com/thread.jsp?forum=13&thread=40046
]this thread
/url].  It is likely that some of the translations in that thread are incorrect, as there are often numerous ways of translating a word.  The Hungarian item is called "béklyótõr".  "tõr" means dagger or knife (as well as a few other things), and "béklyó" can mean a number of things: fetter, side line, cramp, clog, bands, hobble.  In otherwords, crampdagger (and the other translated items in the thread linked to above) is just an educated  guess until someone confirms it in the English game.

Next time you notice something like that, it would be great if we could find a way to confirm the item details and fix it.

Sandy

Thanks for explanation Sandy. I believe the word was fetterdagger (99,5% sure).
If i'll spot something like that in the future, I'll let you know via this forum or whatever way you'd prefer.
Items (as well as most other things) can all be updated directly on the [url=
http://www.larkinorguide.com
]LarkinorGuide.com
/url] website by clicking on the "Edit" links you can find here and there on the site.  User-contributed updates must be approved by a moderator before appearing on the actual site.  When the NAME of an item is wrong you won't neccessarily know what item it is, so I suppose that makes editing it a little difficult.  Nothing's perfect, or so "they" keep insisting.

I've updated the dagger, thanks.

Sandy
>> Life-essence: Did somebody try to build this item?
>
>Did about 60 balloon trips with 8 characters each until I had one with the 21 wonderflasks required. Then I had to do 29 very repetetive recipes in the mage tower since non-subs can't use the quantity field in the mage tower back room. Lots of time for very little reward... but now we know that it CAN be built. It can neither be sold nor put down in your house, so he is now wearing it on his chest. See it here.

I just accidentally dropped it.  No matter how hard I tried I couldn't bend down and pick it back up.  My knees aren't what they used to be.  

Sandy
I feel like this is going to be the new way of showing off in the game, not by money in the bank, at the market, or by level. Its going to be by people who make ultra-obscure items and wear them for all to see.

I mean i would FREAK OUT if i saw someone with a Pigeon in each hand , a curse essence on the chest and a banana peel (laughs) on their feet.

dudedjv
>>> Life-essence: Did somebody try to build this item?
>>
>>Did about 60 balloon trips with 8 characters each until I had one with the 21 wonderflasks required. Then I had to do 29 very repetetive recipes in the mage tower since non-subs can't use the quantity field in the mage tower back room. Lots of time for very little reward... but now we know that it CAN be built. It can neither be sold nor put down in your house, so he is now wearing it on his chest. See it here.
>
>I just accidentally dropped it.

*sigh*

Sandy
I built a life-essence while waiting for my clan leader to submit the first mission as complete and because it's considered a mission item, I lost it as soon as mission one was submitted.  Very frustrating, as I no longer have any missions I can complete for that imps mushroom, so now I have to drop out of the clan so they can finish mission two.  Bad enough I had to waste an atty point to build the darn thing, but now I have lost the darn thing I wasted it on!  I am NOT at all happy about this.  :S  (Hint... give us mission 55, please!  :D)
You should maybe try to search for your lost items at home.

Wow.  While I greatly appreciate getting that back (yay!!) and am slightly astonished that searching my home actually worked (when it never has before), I have to say now I'm a bit disgruntled.  I quit my clan for the good of all of them and now I can't rejoin for 30 days AND I lost my clan points!  :_(
I understand your situation.
However, there are some misleading/inaccurate/false information on clans in the forums because they are based on the clan implementation of the Hungarian version. The English version has several differences. Many try to be smart and act on unconfirmed assumptions. Examples:
You create the life essence in advance. If you didn't know of the Hungarian version you wouldn't know that you have to create a life essence. I admit, taking it is quite frustrating. But this is a forced rule in the game: no mission - can't have mission items either. (Actually, this is a precaution to prevent possible "hacks".)
Then you assume you can't have your mushroom back so you quit.
And I can see asumptions in several threads that are going to turn out to be wrong. Apparently, I won't correct them. I will correct wrong conclusions only, based on experience in the game or on official help pages.
In your current case I'll leave it to the community to decide if you should be compensated in any way. (Technically, everything is possible, of course...)

lil, did you find a mushroom in your home, or a lost attribute point?  My character (the one that accidentally dropped his life essence long before clans were implemented), searched in his home and found a lost attribute point.  He now has 1 extra attribute point to allocate.  This is fine for me, cause I don't care about that character at all, but your character sorta needs the mushroom or the life-essence, not the attribute point.

I see the argument about penalizing characters for doing things out of order due to information coming from HU, but it seems to me that once the initial learning curve of EN clans is over, people are bound to try things like meeting the mission requirements in a different order anyhow, regardless of the HU information.  Most people have characters in more than one clan, and the clans further back are benefiting from insider knowledge being passed down from the clans in the lead.

Temporarily setting back the character for being overzealous is one thing, but it is quite another to permanently set them back for something that any thoughtful player might consider trying.

Sandy

>In your current case I'll leave it to the community to decide if you should be compensated in any way.
>Technically, everything is possible, of course...)

i would recommend that lilgyp's char have the 30 day reinstatment removed for this case, so she can rejoin immediately, even speaking as one who is not in her clan.  as for whether she gets the 10 clanpoints and clan level back, i have no opinion... i leave that to others to give their input.

one thing i would state though, for future reference... to all participating in clans:
do not make any rash decisions.  if something seems to go wrong, consider the options, talk to people, request assistance/information from someone like developer, and only after all bases have been covered, then decide what to do about the situation.  clans are new, and we will learn things (both good and bad), and we would like to make as few mistakes as possible, so sharing information seems like a good idea right now.

--jason
I just realized that I'm assuming you used the mission 54 mushroom to make the life essence.  I suppose it is only in this situation in which you would need the life essense or the mushroom back.  In any other situation, the attribute point is an acceptable alternative... a temporary, not a permanent, setback.

Sandy
Sandy, when I searched for lost items, it said "you found your lost atty point!!"  And when I double checked my backpack, it showed up as an imps mushroom.  So yay for that, as it was indeed the mission 54 mushroom that I had lost.

Jason -- thanks for your vote of confidence!  Of course I'd like to be reinstated without the waiting period... that'd be greatly appreciated by not only me but probably (probably, though nothing's certain!) my clan as well.

Never meant for this to be a huge discussion; I was just putting my experience out there so others didn't screw up like I did.  But I appreciate it all the same.  :)
As clan leader of [OCL] i am in full support of lil having her clanhood being reinstated with immediate effect. 
I have removed the 30 day limit for Lady Aiata.
Thanks so much, guys!!  I'm delighted! :D
jason_kroeker wrote: 
Sandy wrote: 
You discard an imp's mushroom. 

You've found your lost attribute points!  

Jason has just discovered a handy way of storing an imp's mushroom in your home! 

Sandy 

but it's found in the form of an attribute point? or does it just say that, and you actually find a mushroom? 
next question then... is this a planned safe way of storing a point (or mushroom)? or is it just a way to make sure people don't lose out on points by accidentally tossing them or dying, but then there could be a limit (1? 3? 10? who knows?) is this a bug that could get us in trouble for taking advantage of it? or is it there as a safe way to protect a mushroom without the fear of eating it? 

--jason 

OK. Did that (not intentionally). I have found the attribute point with the 'search house for lost items' button, now how can I get it changed back into a mushroom? I have 7 plasters and 20 pebbles, the last flask, and almost no clicks left. Having the mushroom back would be very convenient. 

~
jason_kroeker wrote: 
Sandy wrote: 
You discard an imp's mushroom. 

You've found your lost attribute points!  
--
Jason has just discovered a handy way of storing an imp's mushroom in your home! 

Sandy 
---

but it's found in the form of an attribute point? or does it just say that, and you actually find a mushroom? 
next question then... is this a planned safe way of storing a point (or mushroom)? or is it just a way to make sure people don't lose out on points by accidentally tossing them or dying, but then there could be a limit (1? 3? 10? who knows?) is this a bug that could get us in trouble for taking advantage of it? or is it there as a safe way to protect a mushroom without the fear of eating it? 

--jason 

----

OK. Did that - discarding it (not intentionally). I have found the attribute point with the 'search house for lost items' button, now any ideas on how can I get it changed back into a mushroom? I have 7 plasters, 20 pebbles, the last flask, and almost no clicks left. Having the mushroom back would be very convenient so I will not hold up the progress of the rest of the clan.

Tilde 

~
oops
Sorry for the double post.
I created my life essence before mission 1 was done, so as it's considered a mission item (for mission 2), it was deleted when mission 1 was completed.  I searched my home and "found my lost atty point"  -- when I checked my backpack, it was indeed a mushroom.
 Checked 'items in backpack'.  No mushroom.  Went outside and checked 'inventory and properties - backpack'.  No mushroom.  Checked dropdown menu.  No mushroom.  Took a run around the block and checked again.  No mushroom.  Did the same thing the next day.  No mushroom.  Still have the 1 atty. point.

When you used a mushroom to build the essence it was used as a component.  That may have been why it was recovered.  Discarding it is the same as eating it (possibly saving one click by not using the drop down menu).

~

Back to my corner of the fantasy.  10 digits next.

I can confirm - dropping a mushroom is no longer a safe way to store it.  This must have been recently changed.  It used to be that you could drop the mushroom, and find it again in your house.  Now, when you find it, you only get the attribute point.

There is only one thing I can think of that would make me wrong about this:  I dropped the mushroom 9 days ago, and tried to find it today.  It's possible that there is a time limit - if you find it in your house within x days, you will find a mushroom.  Anyone care to test?

Nyin
Oh and BTW - nothing happened with respect to my clan during that 9 day period.  No mission started/completed/etc.

Nyin
Tilde's mushroom was lost 2 or 3 days before post.

Filllbe
both tadpole and go away have "lost" their life-essence and found it as a attribute point. now i'm waiting for the same thing to happen to BATman. word to the wise-- get your flasks and other ingrediants ready, but don't make the life-essence until you and the rest of your clan has accepted this mission. I believe there is a time limit on how long you can hold on to a life-essence.

Developer you can back me up on this if you wish.

Tad
Tad, I doubt there's a time-limit on life-essences (Moonshadow still has hers equipped, and if I remember correctly, we made ours on the same day).  There is however the possibility of accidentally discarding it, losing it to the 'you have too many items in your backpack!' fairy, or accepting and completing a pub/king's mission.  

As for the imp's mushroom, back in the day when I didn't know what such a thing was good for, I remember discarding them and later found my lost attribute points as attribute points.  I think gypsy probably only found a mushroom because of the special case that she has no more missions left.
I think it was because I had used it as an ingredient, rather than just dropping it.  When my life essence was erased, the mushroom returned to its former state, much like that carriage turning back into a pumpkin....

Of course, those were extraordinary circumstances too!
Prospector Jr is in a clan that had accepted the Forge Cornerstone mission, but the mission hadn't become active yet because some of his clanmates are terribly slow.  He had his life essence ready to hand in when I clicked the "quit mission" button... for reasons which are still unclear to me.  (Some sort of compulsion to flirt with disaster, I think.)  I found that the life essence had been converted back into an imp's mushroom.

Sandy
A corollary to the above discovery which seems in-line with some Developer hints...

If your last imp's mushroom is either lost at home or is an unused attribute point, it seems worth it to try either of those situations with various combinations of joining and quitting missions and searching at home.  It wouldn't surprise me if there is a "solution" to this.

Sandy
Yesterday i accepted the forge cornerstone mission in the clan and today I found out that my life-essence is missing. I was wearing it on my chest and I'm 100% sure I didn't die and I didn't discard it (as it was equipped). I searched my home for lost items and found lost attribute point. This is @@!#$!@!!! There is no way that I'm going through next mission (as you know how great it is for a digger) and I'm definitelly not going to look for a ways how to get wonderflasks. So now I'm waiting for mirracle (I guess developer can do some), or i will have to quit the clan in order not to delay them.

DYI freak