« Back to All Topics
Clans' info.
Clans' info.
Clans' info.
The topic came up in chat and nobody was sure of the price for a clanhouse and whatnot...I copied this message (so sorry whoever wrote it I didnt get your name) awhile back: 

About the clanhouses:
Pulling up the clanhouse is the most rigorous mission of all, some players simply give up or take themselves months to finish it-the hungarian DTL started on the 14th of november, and the last person is going to finish just tonight, which means approximatly 3 months. I'll detail the reasons later, they could be of help as well.
Before a clan can even start with the job, it first has to reach a number of 10 members to turn "active" from "passive", and has 3 other missions before it.

Basics about the house: 
-The foundations of this massive building can be placed on any tile on Larkinor except the town center where the palace stands(we placed ours at the market). A maximum of 3 clans may place their houses on the same tile.

-Just after the Foundation Block(aqquired in the previous clan mission) has been placed by the Clanleader on the pre-voted tile(details later), an icon of the building appears on that tile, just like a grocery store, a bank, the arena, etc.

-Once the house is finished, the clan can controll all of their operations from there. The members don't have to run in and out of the Palace to do the things they need. The "clans rooms" are just in the place of the "statistics" you have in the Palace at present.

-You can build a "Clan Warehouse" once you have the main building itself. It is basicly a room which has a free space of 250 kilogramms, but can be expanded by using building-blocks.This mission is far mor easier than the housebuilding itself.

-You can also build a "Clan Pub" also after you finish the clanhouse. Probably the simplest of all, once finishing this mission, everyone can get free drinks from the clanhouse and the members don't have to go to the original pubs.

-When doing actions in the clanhouse, you don't lose clicks, just like in a battle or on your character page.

-The clanhouse, however is an expensive thing and it can get damaged or even collapse completely if not cared for.
500.000 silver per week however should cover all finances for a simple clanhouse and an extra 50.000 for the extra rooms. You can pay as following: the clan has a treasury, to which all members may contribute. You should divide the weekly cost among yourselves, which comes up to less than 60.000 per head in an active clan.
If you don't pay, a specified part of the house will get damaged and the clan will have to pay a tremendous price for repairs-or in the worst case, rebuild the damaged part again.

--------------------------------------------------------

Klan Missions:

I. Relics

You have to collect 6 relics scattered across Larkinor.
Required participation rate: 100%
Key to completion:
1.Buy some spades at the grocers.
2.Go out of town and beat monsters. Some will give you directions, but watch out! They may be fake infos.
3.Try to identify where the key location is according to most of the infos.
4.Start digging there.

If you find the right spot, all six will pop out together, but I can't give any more hints...it wouldn't be fun!  All I can say is they will be in the same place for everyone!...

II. Aquiring the Foundation Block

Participation rate:100%
Key to completion:
everyone needs to make a life-essence.
It consists of the following:

-You need 21 essence-stones.Recepie:
9 vampire herbs
3 diamonds
1 wonderflask
-You also need 7 soulmortars.Recepie:
5 earthspells
3 honey balms
1 egoplasm
-And finally, an imp mushroom(complete a mission for it.)

If you have all of it, go to a Mage Tower and make the essence:
21 essence stones
7 soulmortars
1 imp mushroom.

Finally, go to the palace and discard your essence at the "mission room" of your clan.

III. Placement of the Foundation Block

Participation rate: 100%
Key to completion:
This starts where the last stopped:
1. Everybody has given in the essences.They finish the personnal duty of the mission by clicking on the "personal duty complete" icon, and when everyone does so, the clanleader clicks on the "clanmission complete" icon->mission complete.
2. The leader can now volunteer for this mission, by clicking again the proper icon.
3. All members must volunteer for the mission, and instantly, click on the "personal duty complete" button.
4. Now the leader has the Block in his backpack, and can simply go to the intended tile, and place the block. A possibility appears for him on his menu just above "Eat foodrations".
5. He/she returnes to the palace, goes to the clan's "mission room", and clicks the "clanmission complete" button. This mission's over, too.
6. The clanleader requests, volunteers for the next mission: Building the clanhouse.
7. The other members join, volunteer for the mission.

IV. Building the clanhouse.

This is the big one. Survive this, and your clan will become immortal. 
required participants: 100%
Key to completion:
You should get 20-25 breathing cornerstones per head.(anyone can do this, the wealthier can pay instead of others, you will be using them together)
Everyone per head has to dig 2000, and build 500 times.(This is the worst and everyone has to suffer...ˇ_ˇ)
Make sure you're on "shy", because whatever you do, monsters will be storming the building site. For every 3 actions, two more monsters will stockpile around you. They will attack at random, without their usual warning icon between the moving arrows. The more there are stockpiled, the greater the chance of them attacking. If you don't want to be disturbed, keep them under 20. While digging, they will increase, but it is still bearable until around 60. From here on, they will attack almost always, making work IMPOSSIBLE. 
-you can defend yourself with traps. A trap costs 500 silver on level 20, and gets more expensive(500 extra every time) for higher levels. 1 trap can catch 4-5 monsters. Sometimes they still slip through, that counts as 1/2 monster to the trap. For every cought monster, you get 1/10 of the exp you would get for killing it! Make sure you get a lot of items so you can afford the traps-kill monsters! KILL 'EM ALL! 
-however, traps aren't necessary(it costs a lot, plus thieves will be run regular sorties against those super-wealthy builders), it's a good idea to have the best monster-killer of the clan-who should be a level 20-22 one who has no problem whipping monsters equal to his level-provide the cover, and when there are less than 20 monsters around the building site, the others can start digging.
-make sure you work as a team. It is important to organise who is doing what.The high leveled,whealthy players should buy the cornerstones, the low-level monsterkillers should do the beating before they do their own digging. You should finish more quicker.

When someone is ready, he should go into the clanbuilding(it's usable for this at least by now), go into the mission room, and deliver his duties as in the earlier missions. Whwn the last person finishes, the leader reports the job "done", and it's finally standing-the Glorious Monument is Fine and standing!

Beware! It's not as easy as it looks! With the diggings and buildings, the monsters and healings the played clicks should reach a gargantuan number between 12000 and 15000. It's hard stuff, but worth it in the end.

Extra mission I: Clan pub

Goal: drink 300 bottles and deliver it to one of the groceries!
Participation rate: 60%(!)
Key to completion: 
1. First the leader, then the others volunteer for this as well.
2. Go to a grocer. He/she will tell you to bring 300 bottles.
3. Go to the temple, and buy 300 drinks, it doesnt have to bee aqua dei-a mobilidoxin or anything at the same price will do. 
4. Go ahead, your wife's not watching-start the boose marathon  Drink it all up-all 300. 
5. Re-enter the grocer, and the bottles will automaticly be taken away...eh, for recicling, of course! 

When everyone is completly drunk, try finding back to your Clanhouse!  The pub is now there, you can now drink a free rum which has the equal effect of a regen-drink(you will encounter this item on Thord-Artin, it will put your hp and mana to the maximum amount). Of course, without loosing clicks.

Extra mission II.: The Warehouse.
Required participation rate: 60%(as with the pub)
Key to completion:
The volunteers must go into the woods, they will get an option to "cut wood".They must cut 300 wood each and deliver it. Then the volunteers must gather altogether 500 different objects(shields, weapons, components) and put them in. Until then, nothing can be taken out but in the end you will be able to redistribute the stuff. 500 is a lot of stuff, in the end you will be purchasing all possible components and all weapons and items up to level 38 if you want to come out of this mess with the least costs(That's experience, you can believe me). The warehouse's main advantage is that it can't be robbed, and it holds up to 250 kilogramms, and can be expanded.

So far, these are all the clanmissions, and probably enough for now! 

Extras:

A clan gives the opportunity for players with similar aims to join forces and make their lives easier, and aqquiring the expensive, hard-to-get items,shields and weapons for free from a stronger member, etc.They might even be granted a topic for their own use in the forum so they can communicate with each other with ease.
The large amount of clans on the forum will interact and even cooperate with each other. Someone will always be here, and if any new player has any questions, those online can provide usefull help. 

-A clan has a clanleader, 3 commanders, the rest are members. 
The clanleader basicly desides who will become a member and who will not. Ultimatly, the decision of which mission to take, which clan to be friends or enemies with(So far the later never happened in the hungarian version) is his/hers. He/she can make votes on which the members can vote, and can send messages to other clans. He can also freely distribute the rank of "commander" to the members, based on sympathy or performance(both together is best!). 
The clan commanders basicly have the same rights as the clanleader, but can't send messages to other clans, and they have no right to displace the clanleader from his position. If the clan has a general problem with the leader, than there's one opportunity per month to have a vote on who shall be the new leader and if someone gets more votes than the previous one, he is elected leader.This is very dangerous though, a clan frequently changing leaderships is an unstable clan and could fall apart.
The member's only function is the voting function, which of course, the leaders also have. Though this may not seem to be much, the most powerful decisions are made by the members. 

-When someone wants to join, he should first give a short introduction of him/herself on the forum or the website of the clan. If the newcomer is nice, the members decide whether the new character can join. Then all that's left is the formal request of joining, which is level*5000 silver in the clanhouse, or if not yet built, in the palace.

-If you want to join a clan, you have to be free(you payed 1.000.000 to the king) and at least on level 20.
It's a good idea to check what other criterias the clan has for newcomers(A robber clan obviously will set a requirement of a certain robbing skill, e.g.: 100).

-A clan will become "active" if it has at least 10 people in it. Once "active", it can start doing the missions.

-If a clan looses it's "active" status during a mission, the mission will only "pause", and not completely be deleted. When the "active" status is re-obtained, the mission goes on.

Tips:

-be in synchrone with your teammates. Try to solve personal problems quickly because psychicly these outbursts affect the moral of everyone.

-don't use bad language. For once, you can be banned from the entire game, secondly, no clan appreciates an "unwashed tongue".

-Regularly check into the clantopic and be active on the forum. It's good to know what's going on and also it is very time-efficient if a clan is ready to start a new mission or report an old one "done".

-Devide the jobs(and weekly payments) in an order so that everyone's happy and no one gets a ridiculous burden on his/her shoulder. 

-Make a webpage, it's fun for the clan, you can make your own chats there, and morally it boosts the clan. Ours is here:

http://dtl.atw.hu

This isn't an advert, it's an idea. The members are listed, their characters might be linked, and even-you might get their photographs!  We will have those up pretty soon on our homepage. Such websites REALLY help building the larkinorean community of players into sort of like a family! 

-If possible, do Klan-meetings! This is a very hard task even in a small country like Hungary, not to mention what it would be like in a global size...but it obviously makes the bonds ultimatly strong within a clan, try it if you can! 

Ok, this was a long one. I hope I didn't leave out anything, if I did, just ask me about it and I'll be glad to help.

Sorry I am out I am not gonna spend the requird time to make a clan home when I am out of game in 2 weeks or so. It is amazing to know that this was a bigger priotity to V then to expand the game so I can keep playing I feel let down now 100%
Thanks for the info. What are you supposed to do if you've finished all of the kings' missions and cannot obtain any more imp's mushrooms? Can you not join a clan b/c you cannot participate in building it?
I'm not sure, and too lazy to read the whole thing right now. I have a feeling though that you may get a imp mushroom from the actual clanmission. Or if thats not the case, I'm sure there could be a few other missions coming out... really kind of fuzzy in that matter...just be sure to save any shrooms you might get just in case!
No imp mushroom is required if you are not one of the 10 original 'founder members'. You just have to pay the required amount to join. 

I think.

Demonolithslayer, starting to recruit for members.
Hold On! does this mean that clans are officially in? or am I just extremely dull... hmmm prolly the last one... 
Oh and Does anyone want me for a clan member? :p
malikar
no clans are not in and u starting early begging for friends
Gen where do i sign up? do you have to b a sub?
This description is based on the Hungarian game. There are several differences in the English version.
> II. Aquiring the Foundation Block
> 
> Participation rate:100%
> Key to completion:
> everyone needs to make a life-essence.
> It consists of the following:
> 
> -You need 21 essence-stones.Recepie:
> 9 vampire herbs
> 3 diamonds
> 1 wonderflask
> -You also need 7 soulmortars.Recepie:
> 5 earthspells
> 3 honey balms
> 1 egoplasm
> -And finally, an imp mushroom(complete a mission for
> it.)
> 
> If you have all of it, go to a Mage Tower and make
> the essence:
> 21 essence stones
> 7 soulmortars
> 1 imp mushroom.
> 
> Finally, go to the palace and discard your essence at
> the "mission room" of your clan.

We have essence-pebbles instead of essence stones, soulplaster instead of soulmortars.  I was able to make the pebbles and plaster, but the order is wrong for the life-essence.  Of course, being the nitwit that I am, I got distracted at the moment the spell actually worked, so I don't remember what the correct order is, but I do believe the imp mushroom was first.

-lil
From the first page of the Clans help section: "Once you become a clan member you can collect clan points by completing clan missions. The more clan point you collect the higher 
your clan level
 will be."

From the "Clan Administration Office / Clan House" page in the Clans help section: "If maintenance falls away for 6 weeks the clan house will become totally ruined and cannot be renovated any more. Ruined houses/rooms will be demolished. Since 
the clan's level
 is determined by how far the clan house is developed, clan bonuses may be lost too."

"Your clan level" (the clan level of a character) and "the clan's level" (the level of a clan) sound different to me, but both seem linked to the clan bonuses somehow.

What is the difference, and what is the link?  Can you accumulate clan points by completing clan missions for different clans or are they lost when you quit a clan?  Do all characters in the same clan get the same level of bonus, regardless of their clan points?

Sandy
Question about the clan houses....

Does anyone know if there is any kind of internal forum or bulletin board in the clan houses? It would be nice for the clan to be able to exchange info on a more private basis than on here. Plus it would be nice if the 'official' announcements you get when you log-in a char would stay around in a more permanent fashion.

'da Rat(K.V.)   :)

Yes, there are people who know that.

Sandy
Clan's level determines the number of selectable bonuses. Each room built (and the clan house itself) increases the clan's level by one. You can see the clan's level on the clan info page.
Clan level of a character is determined by clan points (s)he collects. You can see this on the character info page. The _effect_ of a bonus is linked to the character's clan level.
Clan points of a character will be lost if (s)he quits a clan (or gets fired), since (s)he won't be linked to any clan any more.
How many clan points you can collect depends on if you contribute to the common task of the mission i.e. you do the mission in sync with the clan. Members joining a clan later (thus doing the missions later) will have a serious disadvantage!

Currently, there is only a one-way message sending facility: leaders can message all clan members.
Clans are encouraged to setup an own homepage, which may have an internal forum.
That's good stuff to know, thanks!  Getting in on the ground floor and completing all the missions is essential for those of us who care about bonuses and such!

Sandy
The quit clan button doesn't seem to be working.  Is that a bug or is it not supposed to work until the clan is complete?
It should display a confirmation dialog. If it's not working for you please contact support with more details (login name, character name, browser details).
The recipe for the Life Essence is;-

1 Imps Mushroom
21 Essence Pebbles
7 Soulmortars
After a very strange loyalty points “bonus levels” discussion with a non-gamer a few things were pointed out to me, this caused me to re-reading the help notes and arrive at a few questions.
I made the mistake of allocating the bonuses from the levels indicated. It does in fact state at the bottom of the page “You are allowed to select a lower level bonus instead of a higher level one.”
So here are my questions.
(Using an example of the digger’s clan.)
Could they select:-
 Level 1 extra back pack,
 Level 2 extra back pack,
 Level 3 extra back pack.
Are you allowed to select the same bonus on all three levels? 

Or could they select a lower level bonus but one which has not already been chosen?
Level 1 extra back pack,
Level 2 luck,
Level 3 protection

I would be grateful if the selections could be clarified.

I have discovered a problem with the clan messaging system. After receiving a message from another clan I have tried to respond a couple of times only to receive an error message and be returned to the login page. I received this message  
An internal error has occurred.
[2009-01-11 20:15:39.087Z],
 has any other clan experienced this problem?

~Tour
Re: bonuses.
You must select different bonuses.
Re. Tour's error report

In addition to that, the same happens when trying to answer a poll.

EG
Easy, I have not had any problems answering the poll with my character and have had no complaints from any of the other clan members, I can also send messages to the members with in the Valiant clan ( this must be very annoying for them). The message that was received from the other clan has now disappeared, even though I made sure I didn't clear it. 

~Tour
confirmation for answering a poll

[2009-01-12 15:36:42.337Z] 

Return to login page...

-tadpole
also,

[2009-01-12 15:41:42.681Z] 

Return to login page...

-tadpole
I have a guestion for DEVELOPER.

Megamole has a green check for 'mission completed by clan' and 'mission completed by you' but he has 0 clan points and 0 clan level.

-B
Re: TOURIST problem with messaging another clan: Fixed
i am not a Developer, but i think the answer is that you will recieve your clan points after the mission is completed by everyone and the leader makes the final completion click.

-tad
Re: poll/voting problem
It seems to be a browser (client) issue that needs further investigation. Can you confirm that it will work neither in IE nor in FF?

tad - other clanmembers have their points.

-B
Re: BEAVIS69
You can collect clan points in the first mission only if you complete it in sync with the clan. There are no individal clan points to collect in this mission.

"How many clan points you can collect depends on if you contribute to the common task of the mission i.e. you do the mission in sync with the clan. Members joining a clan later (thus doing the missions later) will have a serious disadvantage!"

Re: tadpol, poll/voting issue
it should work now
you may need to clear your browser's cache

Has anyone tried to set the clan image or clan homepage fields?  They don't seem to be editable in Vista IE7.

Sandy
from the help:
"If the clan is active and it has built an own house you can define a custom clan image and a homepage too."

Ah.  Well, that would explain it then!

Thanks.  There seem to be many details hiding in those help documents.

Sandy

Developer is the mission ready yet for building the pub in your clanhouse. we have accepted it but no progress seems possible.
Hmmm. It says it all. :p
I can see the progress ;)
So because it says what it says in the pub when you enter, then this means that we really should try later?
Developer... we can do either the store or the pub 1st, or so it seems, will the missions be ready at the same time or will 1 be ready before the other?... just so we know which to prepare for 1st.
You can do either of them.
(Yes, they are available and functional.)
well sorry but we have invested countless clicks on countless possibilities and still nothing. i dont want to lose faith. fed up of trying is the phrase im looking for.
Now don't you worry.  We diggers will show you the way.

Sandy

actually sandy we worked it out thanks. we cant do the mission just yet.
I'd be tickled to death if SOMEONE could show the way.  Says we need to find a teacher....Developer, would you like to be OldSchool's teacher?  ;-)

~Boo
And that's exactly what you have to do.
Don't worry. Even if you don't find out how to speed up this process you will succeed.
Also, related to the options for the level 2 clan bonuses, there is a bug when you click on the information question mark.  

Hitpoints and manapoints are correct.  HOwever when you click on stealing it shows the robbing info (sure its the same but still not quite right).  When you click on robbing, it shows the luck info, and when you click on luck, it shows the persisitance info.  When you click on persistance, it shows no info at all.
Bump!! for the 4 horses

~Tour
For the record... if you quit a clan, you DO get your mushroom back in your pack immediately.
is the mushroom in the pack ONLY for characters who have finished all missions?  or is it for anyone who quits a clan?
--jason
I quit the clan before finishing all missions and got my mushroom back.
DEVELOPER said:
> Members joining a clan later (thus doing the missions later) will have a serious disadvantage!

I don't see ANY disadvantage, actually.  I'm wondering what you're referring to.  Members joining after the missions are complete still get more than enough clanpoints to get to level 2, which is as high as the founding clan members get by doing all the missions in sync with the rest of the clan.

Quitting a clan removes your clanpoints, right?  (Has anyone confirmed this?)  Is there any way of accumulating more clanpoints than by simply doing each clan missions once for one clan?

Sandy

Sandy, yes, I can confirm that you do lose all your clan points when you quit a clan.
At the point when you quit had you accumulated both individual and common clan points?  (For example, you get 10 common from mission 1 and 25 individual from mission 2.)

Sandy
When I quit I had all the clan points possible to date.
If I remember correctly, when earning 100 clan points there is a message saying 'you need 120 more clan points for the next level', amounting to 220. That is clearly not possible at present - the logic is that the founding clan members might have it within reach after another future clan mission or two, whereas those joining later would not, I guess.

EG
I have just completed the Build clan house mission as i joined a clan late. There was some confusion in Chat but i can confirm that you don't have to kill the monsters on the square :)

Okay, so a clanhouse has fallen into disrepair.  Not that I actually use the pub or storeroom in it, but how would I go about fixing these rooms?  I seem to still be able to enter them, but maybe there are limitations now?  I don't really know.
I've never done it, but it seems like you would just go into the leaders' HQ and order repairs.  I would imagine some new button would appear for that.
You are correct.  It was in the Leader's Room.

Weekly costs have been increased for the past 2 weeks when the house was in need of repair.  When you click the button to repair rooms/house in the Leader's Room, an additional cost is paid.  After repairs, the weekly costs are back down to normal.
So minor clan bug if anyone cares: if a clan member deletes their char without first quitting the clan, a blank 'has quit the clan' message appears (just the date and time stamp and that line with no char name).
One very unfortunate level 37 fighter may or may not have been sacrificed to acquire this information.