« Back to All Topics
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
Well, It looks like I have to say farewell to my friends on this forum... My parents don't want me to be posting any longer (they are nervous about the character of people who post. NOT the people in general, but specific ones who they don't know {the whole don't talk to strangers thing}). My parents are awesome; I'd rather have them overprotective than the opposite. I'll hang around Larki and read the forum but won't post. Maybe in a year or two I'll be back on the forum (when college rolls around). It was loads of fun while it lasted. G'bye and God bless.
malikar :(
i will miss your humor on the forum :p cya around lark 
aw sorry to hear that.....well yeah they are your parents after all....they know what is best for you:)
see you in Larki :)
have fun
:D:D:D
oh! and may the bluebird of happiness poop on all your shoes.
malikar :p
This is for Malikar's parents.
I am also a parent, and a rather conservative one.  Part of my job is to "patrol" the chat room and forum.  This is mostly for language.  The adult content of some things are only hinted at and left alone as are double entendres.  I applaud your vigilance in protecting your son/daughter.  He/she is a credit to your upbringing.  I hope you have read the Thanksgiving string started by Malikar. Please allow her/him back as soon as you feel comfortable and know that Larkinor is one of them most G-rated games, chat and forum on-line.  It isn't perfect though so do what you feel is right.  
I encourage you to play with your child sometime.  Come into chat together, we'd love to say "Hi".
LD
We will miss yea Malikar drop iin soon.:)
To the parents of Malikar

I too am the proud parent of two young Larkinor players. Affe3 is my 12 year old daughter and Kokosnus my 8 year old son. I also have a 19 & 21 year old daughters who do not play. I personally check the forum daily and enter chat all the time. I would not allow my kids to play this game if I did not think it was safe. Affe3 has the reputation of being a very good robber in the game only. She has helped numerous players in this game and is active in helping anyone who needs help. She is very good in school and is bilingual in German/English. She has taught me numerous trick in this game and I have taught here some as well. She has a reputation as a very well liked and well mannered player. Kokosnus is not an active player in the game, but none the less he is safe in this game. The Moderators scourer the forums and chat for inappropriate behavior. There are players like myself and other who do the same thing. I have taken screenshot of inappropriate behavior in chat and forwarded to the moderator resulting in the immediate barring or even banning of that player. Affe has also done the same thing after I showed her how. In closing there are a lot of games out there with very bad or have plain out gross story lines. Larkinor as a community is very family friendly. If you can please see it in your heart to allow Malikar full rights?

Dolphin of Blue

Always Swimming Around Larkinor

i dont really know u, but u have been a great help.thank u for that. U replide to 2 of my subjects and they have been alot of help, but your parents r right I dont have any kids but I wounld be doin the same as your parents are doin. Hope u come back soon. bye 
Ok, I may not have any kids, but I myself do not like to be subject to rude and inapropriate behaivor. This is why I like Larky so much.  If I send an SS of bad behaivor to the mods. It is immediatly taken care of.  I understand that you as parents want to protect your children, but I guess I don't understand how keeping them from posting is protecting them.  I would understand More, if it was the reading that had been taken away.  If I understand correctly its others' behaivor you are worried about not Malikars.  I guess I am a little confused.  But then again. Its not my place to understand.
Here's hopin Malikar can come back soon, because I have always found him/her to be very well behaived.

Kittin_101
We'll miss you on forum :'(

Logobrett :|
I too is a parent with my three childen as players i feel happy for my children to enter into chat for the same reason as Dolphin. We all look out for inaporpriate behaviour and report it to the mods straight away. We as a couminitee help police the chat and forums. I hope this eases your mind some. We will all miss Malikar. I know you must do what you think is best for Malikar.

ria:p
SO sorry to read your last post.  Your calm good sense and humor will be missed by all of us.  I am a parent, also, and have been known to change my mind on certain issues. (A very firm and made up mind as well.)
Perhaps if your parents read all these replies they may have a rethink?!  I hope so.

Esme
My understanding of what Malikar wrote is not that his parents believe Larki is inappropriate and has low standards, but they are concerned about predators who befriend young people over the internet, ask to meet them, then hurt them.  Unfortunately, you may not be able to distinguish a predator from any other player if their smooth.  I think that is the reason they highlighted that he was not to respond - so he wouldn't be entrapped by a plotting lowlife.(*the whole don't talk to strangers thing*)

I was a therapist for teens who were sexually/physically abused/assaulted for years.  Trust me, Malikar....not everybody has wise, caring parents like yourself. It sounds like you already know that and appreciate them!@! Hopefully, even when you're off to college you will remember their wisdom and know that it can be dangerous to meet someone over the internet and then take up an offer to meet them in RL.  It happens to adults, too.  There's always wolves in sheep's clothing lurking around.

Please let your parents know that the Larki community respects and appreciates their wisdom!  And although I'm a quieter member of the community, I, too, have enjoyed and will miss your sense of humor.
well said, silvercloud.. ill miss ya too malikar