« Back to All Topics
why cant i make a building stone?
the mage tower on TA isnt letting me make a building stone.. or huge building stone.. i just keep getting this message!

"You inform Wise Kelönt that you want to make a magic item. He leads you to the workshop, then leaves you. You work for a long time...
You can't concentrate! You stammer out nonsensical words instead of the magical words."

and i have enough manna silver and the ingredients are correct..
This has been asked and answered in the forum multiple times before.  Try searching the forum before you post simple questions.

-RTD
You People dont have to be so rude. Some of us don't play this game everyday for one reason or another......no insult intended! But you all could provide answers to questions that people ask.....lets all help each other, isnt that wat larkinor is all about? I have received rude answers and when someone has a question, i will answer it! It doesnt matter how many times somthing has been brought up in a forum! Answer the question again! It WILL NOT kill you, when u tell someone to "Go Search around" thats really rude......some of the topics are old and therefore removed already so u cannot find it anymore, plus if u answer it now then then it will be there for later questions.

Speed
Shaking his head in Larkinor
You want I should just play the game for you?  Oh, how rude of me  :p

-RTD
you seem to miss the point, we are not here to help and or answer any questions, you seem to think we are obligated to do so and you couldn't be more wrong. If and when we choose to answer questions take that as a bonus, if we dont do what a person would do if they are looking for an answer, look it up like we all did when we had to find the answers. This is a text based game which means reading if you dont like to read or cant read then really you have bigger problems then learning how to play this game.
I know that but i am just saying........never mind, u high level players all think your better than us, forget it, I wont ask for help anymore, i hope u get beat up by a diamond city guard and lose everything.

Storming away in Larkinor
You can't really say you've learned everything from playing the game. From what I've seen, all of you rely on Veriac to answer your questions. ;\
Ok now lets see the falsehood of your statement

>You People dont have to be so rude.

Which people do you speak of that is a really broad generalization which includes those who do requalarly help new players. That is equal to biteing the hand that feeds you.

>Some of us don't play this game everyday for one reason or another......

What does playing everyday have to do with clicking search forum typing in (how do i cure poison for example) and hiting the enter button. Those functions do not change from day to day and I am sure that if you play today and do not come back unil July it will remain the same.

> no insult intended

Such statements are usually a passive agressive way of insulting peeple without saying it right out. Ex No offense intended but such and such is a such in such. Such statements are meant to insult.

> But you all could provide answers to questions that people ask

Yes we could do that but then I guess those of use that pay the $18 for 6 months would be paying to help others who will play for a week. Also if we answer ever single question that is answered multiple times on this very forum as well as in the help file what is the purpose of having those two features. It would be quite redundant to have someone answer all the questions if it were available in one easy to read and easy to use forum system and help system.

>lets all help each other, isnt that wat larkinor is all about

No it really isnt. The point of The Larkinor Quest is to use your clicks, kill monsters, rob, steal, dig, complete missions, explore the island, fight other players and as it clearly states on the Larkinor homepage (www.Larkinor.com) the main point of the game is to have fun. It isnt very much fun for people who play for a few hours to spend 75% of that time guideing new players through the game.

> It doesnt matter how many times somthing has been brought up in a forum! Answer the question again!

What is the point of the search forum option then. Why clutter up this forum with 100 topics that start out how do it get money, cure poison etc. All of these options are avialable through the search forum option on this very forum as well in the FAQ feature in the help system. So again if we follow your logic then the help button and the search forum option are just taking up space and are completly and utterly useless.

>It WILL NOT kill you, when u tell someone to "Go Search around" thats really rude

When you are about to build something (computer desk, jungle gym etc) and you asked someone how do I do it and they say here is the manual it has all of the instructions would you call that rude? If so then why make manuals if it is such a grave insult? Again i will bring back to the point, what is the use of the help system. If you were a new driver, have never drove a car in your life would you not read a driving manual and then ask an experienced driver or would you go to someone and say teach me how to drive and if they said read the manual then I will teach you would u storm off in a huff and just try to drive? If your answer is yes let me know what state or country you are in and i will never dirve there again.

>some of the topics are old and therefore removed already so u cannot find it anymore

All of the important topics have a lock next to them and they will never be removed from the forum.

>some of the topics are old and therefore removed already so u cannot find it anymore

But would that not require us sometime in the future to say look in the forum? Isnt your whole entire arguement for us not to do that because it is rude. So you are contradicting yourself my friend sorry you cant have it both ways either we answer it every single time it is asked or we refer them to where they can find it

Speedster you misunderstand. I'm not trying to put words in Mont's mouth but, what he's basically saying, is that the more experienced players have no obligation to answer some questions like these. I don't think anyone came off as rude, just truthful and informative. So when someone says "check the forum or read help" they're not trying to be rude, just that some people have seen the same question time and time again, it must be in help or on the forum somewhere. ;) common sense.
Umm, yes I am  :D

-Ralphierudedog
lol ok speedster... um.. I suppose Ralph is good on the inside :D
:| well he kind of tried to help ...
hehe.. nice to see my thread as turned into a place of insult ... well i suppose it did do the very first reply :p
I can't help but point out the irony that Speedster didn't bother answering the question either...

And I quote:

> ... when someone has a question, i will answer it! It doesnt matter how many times somthing has been brought up in a forum! Answer the question again! It WILL NOT kill you...

Sandy

in future i may search the forum and use chat for help.. but if everyone did this, the forum would become inactive. the forum is for posting messages, any message what so ever regarding this game.. as long as you don't break the Rules i dont see no problem :)
i agree that the forum and the help is here to assist new players in the game... however, i will occasionally awnser the question in the following way:

FIRST READ THE (HELP/FORUM)

the magic tower on ta doesnt allow you to make stones b/c people would start 'buying' level ups.

i think that is a decent way to assist others while i also give them the knowledge to help themselves

Now if the peson asking the question is a repeat question asker like today they want to know how to steal, tommorow how to cure poision, the the second time i will not assist them since it is evident they do not want to help themselves by reading the help/faq/forum. in that case all i tell them is READ THE HELP