« Back to All Topics
I can't figure this out!!!!!!!!!!
ok here we go
I'm trying to transfer an item to my other character on the same account.
I put it up for sale for lots less then the current price
I go to my other guy and it's not there...
I go back to the person that sold it and I hit cancel and I get it back.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!
if you post an item for much less than the current lowest price, it will take a while for the item to drop to the price you posted it for.  the price will drop 10% per minute.  so if the current price is listed at 1000 silvers, and you list at 600, after one minute, the price will show as 900, after another minute it will be 810, etc.  you must wait for it to hit the price you want if you want to buy it at a much lower cost.

see also, sandy's website:

http://larkinorguide.com/articles/tool-market.shtml

--jason
Thank you and yes I did see that tool and I was like Where did they get 10% a minute?? Now I understand
This does not pertain to this post but what does GOD-mode do? I don't feel like clogging the forum with another post
It lets you fight stronger monsters and be able to get attacked by higher lvl players.
thanks, and when you are transfering an item what percent should it be below the current market price?
whatever price you want to buy it at.  if you have the money, sell and buy at 10% below the current lowest price.  because if you try to sell it a lot lower, it will be on the market for a long time and someone may "steal" it by buying it from you when you didn't want them to.  of course, if you don't have the money, mark it down to the price you can afford.
--jason
1 silver below the current going rate.  Anything more than that, and you're risking taking a loss if someone else scoops it on you.  I've lost so many items by getting greedy on my pricing during transfers that I have finally learned to suck up the clicks to transfer the silvers back later.  Transfering silvers is risk free because you're over-pricing not under-pricing as is the case in item transfers.

Sandy

oh wait...you can buy over priced items? I though you always  bought the lowest priced item automatically
you only can buy the lowest priced... where did you get the other idea from?  i didn't see any reply that may have suggested that.
--jason
gtgjh kfjk sdfksdfjdkf dwekjekfrfdf ee'sjedjsldeds dedelekdjddmfurf crifhdffhfm difjejjel]
ojddliekldj]\dk;ddfejdfjrifd
wedfjefldjfedasd jede
ddfdfjdfdjf;df.d
feld;sldedfdp[esddrjfdkj ekjdfjfeidxsldede0\theioekxls]
\sdsdn xcnbxcweiwod
]djfsdfhurhfdkjefidkfjdkfjd'\dfdlfjd'fdfdfd
fjdf'dfd

dfkdfd cedjfdfer dkljdk 
cdff''fdkfd'fsdfdfkfdfj.c kfdk.ckofkd
i like you if you no what i me 
Transfering silvers is risk free because you're over-pricing not under-pricing as is the case in item transfers.

Sandy

i think this is where he got that. i got confused too, but i think what it is is that you have to buy all the lower-priced itmes as well and then sell them all for higher.
BK
I see....so don't over price something that has like 500 items infront of it
Yea I'm speaking off of sandy's question. when you over price to transer silver can't you only buy the lowest priced one? so you have to buy all of them and buy your items? Is this right and are there any tricks to do this?
The trick is all in choosing the right item.  I'm not going to tell you which items I use, as I really don't want people interferring in the hopes of making a few silvers.  You'll just have to do some searching through the market lists yourself.

One method I can suggest is to find those items which are only listed for 50%.  Buy ALL of them listed on the market with your poor character, relist them for a lot, buy them with your rich character, then set everything back to 50%.

About the only way you can lose money this way is if someone notices what you're doing and lists a bunch of your chosen item under your price and then you accidentally buy his over-priced items instead of yours.  This is the risk you take if you choose to transfer silvers with an item that is always available for sale at a store or the temple.

If you can't afford to buy all of the 50% priced items that are listed (and you can't find a different 50% item to use), a trick you may want to try is to liquidate the market items by buying what you can then selling them at the store to get your money back.  Repeat until you can afford them all.  This trick uses up clicks, risks thievery, and has the undesirable effect of draining potentially useful items from the market (thus driving up costs of related items), so you may want to plan ahead to avoid having to use it.

Sandy