« Back to All Topics
I just want to play and progress in the game...
I understand there are people who love 'bragging rights' and basically live to climb the Top List of any thing in Larkinor.

That's great for them.

For the rest of us this game has become drudgery.  I can't devote part of every day to earn a million experience points so that over two to three weeks I can level up and then even if I do level up, I still can not complete more than one mission per level and then it's back to click, click, click, click...I think I'll rob today, click, click, click, click....It takes wayyyyy to long to do my self imposed goal of a million experience points a day doing that....click, click, click, click...I patrol the grounds of Larkinor to do battle with enemies, click, click, click, click.  Even at formidable or godthis is interminable, click, click, click, click, click.

I think I'll check out the forums to see if there is any NEW INFORMATION, only to find brags, click, click, click, click.  

In the early levels the game paced itself pretty well, I thought, you could fight some monsters, duel with other players, even go in search of monsters.

My current highest ranking character is in the low 30's with magic level of 35.  

Is this all there is?????
lol 100% true.

Personally, I enjoyed the first 17 levels of the game. After that it's just fight to level and your stats are pretty much set.
well, if you're lvl is low 30's, you're an ideal candidate to help us fight the war on the other island.  if you read the forum often, you'd be aware of this.  if not, search forum for "thord-artin guide".  yes, it costs 5 mil for a boat, but that's a small price to pay.

but basically, that island offers even more, and if you come in chat sometimes, or follow the posts on forum, also, read the news items (before signing in... it's on log in page) from last june i believe it was.  but if you feel bored, there's more options there (fighting new monsters, building, digging a new gem, stealing more than silvers from drop-down menu, and if you have enough kills there, you can also catch larkinor monsters and release them on the new island).

as for not being able to do much with toplist stuff, i encourage you to pick one of them, and set a goal.  aim for top 200 in experience, or top 100 in stealing, or top 20 in speed... something that you can aim for and fight towards each day, even though it might take a few weeks or months.

--jason

> My current highest ranking character is in the low
> 30's with magic level of 35.  

Well let me pose a question to you did you go to Thord Artin to fight,build release monsters?

Secondly the who point of the game is to The point of the game is to explore the world with the character created by you. You can fight with the aggressive creatures, trade with other players, complete missions given you by the king of the island, and so on. In the end, the goal of the game is just to have plain fun.

So the whole game is to lvl up,fight,rob,steal and as u put it click,click click

Junie,

I have to agree with you.. Some days I feel this way. So here is what I have done to get around it.  I have 4 Characters.. all specializing in something different.  

Molekat
 :D 
Her goal?  To become the Most Notorious, but respected Theif on Larky :D

A worthy goal yes?  And it is a LOT of fun getting surprised with stuff... You never know! The next HUGE steal could be just around the corner!

Kittin_103
 ... Sadly a only Medioker (sp?) fighter...
But she is becoming a pretty good robber!  Her goal...
well... its modest.. Just to get to Robbing 200! :p

Again.. the draw? You never know what you'll get in the next rob! :D

Then there is 
Kittin_102

She was build for PVP at first.. Her goal.. to stay in the Top 10 for Fame Points :D

Which she did very well until she hit lvl 30 :( then she dropped horribly in FP until she hit lvl 34 :) now she is back in the game again.

And the nice side effect of that is she is also a GREAT TA fighter.

Both 
Kittin_102 and 103
 have done their share of building but find that it gets expensive... so they don't do much of it.  

Then there is Poor lil neglected 
Kittin _101
.... She is a pers fighter.. and while fun.. I just can't get into using her much LOL.  and I think its because she doesn't have a goal yet.  Maybe I should work on that?

Hope this helps you out a bit. 
Oh and instead of looking at other peoples posts as braggs... Look at the forum as a place to post your achievements. We post ours because we are proud of them, and I think If you posted some of yours and saw how supportive people were of them, you would enjoy it all more.  Btw... I have a mage/digger on a diff non sub account.. and I know how difficult it is to get +5 magic.. so I just want to say Congrads and well done!  We hope to see you fighting on TA soon. I think you would be a great asset to the war effert over there!

Kitty

;) keep your chin up!
Hi JunieMoon...
(I've always loved your name)
Clicking does get a little tiresome sometimes, especially when you get to a higher level and it takes so many clicks to progress to another level. The best way I've found to remedy that is to set my sites on smaller things.  Rather than making the next level your goal, set a personal target for something smaller.  You may decide that you'd be happy if you got you're character's bank account to a certain level that night, or it would please you to be able to make a certain weapon and get it on the market that day.  Goals don't have to be huge to be satisfying.  If you set you sites on smaller targets the bigger goals will take care of themselves.

Remember the good old days, when you were a level 7 and could still buy your weapons at an affordable price at the local weapons store?  Well, why not create another account with some brand new characters that you can build from scratch?  You'll have all the experience you've already gained from playing your subed account and you can learn from your "mistakes".  You can build much more "perfected" characters this time and level more quickly, making you feel like you're actually getting someplace. Best of all, you can use your higher level characters to help the new group get badly needed cash and those extras you always wanted the first time around but could never afford... like that 25,000 silver diamond mail shirt.  You don't have to sub the 2nd account if you don't want to spend the money.  Just remember that there are a few thing that non-subed characters can't do... like steal from other players and rob houses, so building a new robber character is probably not a good idea.    Having 8 characters to choose from rather than 4 makes things less boring, too. And you don't have let anyone know it's you... show up as an entirely new person if you want to.  All you need is another e-mail address and you're ready to go!  

Another thing that breaks the monotomy for me is the chat room.  Stop in and lurk for a while... see what's going on and how the room works, then try to make a friend or two.  There's some really nice people in the chat room.  Hope to see you there!

Smiles, :)  :)  :D
Zuni
Geez Zuni, did you get a new keyboard or something?  LOL

-RTD
LOL Ralphie !  :D

I didn't get a new keyboard, but I sure do need it. The one I have now can't seem to keep up with my fingers.... and my fingers can't keep up with the rest of me.

So many thoughts... so little time....!   ;)

Just wind me up and watch me go...

Smiles, :D
Zuni

FAO: Kittin_101

Ur resident spellchecker is here: mediocre*