« Back to All Topics
Ade  - help lvl 54 boot making
Ade (or anyone else who might know) - I noticed you had the diamond antigrav boots which call for ruby antigrav boots to make...have trouble making the ruby boots for lvl 54...is this the correct recipe?

1 emerald antigrav boot
25 magical key
20 spore

?  I tried it in the fortress and the mage tower....any help would be appreciated - thanks!
That is the recipe I used and it worked for me way back when.  So, unless something happened with the recipe when the revamped the magic keys then it should work.

Marbunz
Thanks Mar - Monty said the magical key is now called a universal key...that still leaves a question though...I bought the magical key in the Tent (shouldn't the tent carry the universal key instead?) - V if you happen to read this I would appreciate your thoughts on this - thanks in advance.
Niho--I do not think you can sell universal keys on the market. Mine never show up when I am selling things and I am wondering what is the point as they do not seem to open mission doors and promised when I checked Sandy's site and they have no value listed when you ? them. Perhaps they are like the alien what-its-names that you need to build the antigrav boots in the first place. You just have to earn them.

alpie

from my knowledge, the former magical key is now called the universal key.  originally it was intended to open all mission doors, but there were too many problems, so that property of it was eliminated.  it is one of those items, like the wonderflask and whatsitsname, that can be aquired, but not sold.  it is apparently (according to sandy's site) still called the magical key in the supply tent, levels 42-44 (45 and 46 possibly, they're not on the site at all yet).  v said he'd be looking into that on monday.  hope that helps.
--jason
Thanks All - I will try to get into chat and maybe catch V tomorrow.  Seems to me that the tent should be changed to have universal keys instead of magical keys (if the magical key was changed to the universal key) Thanks again for everyone's input - Niho
Sorry didn't answer sooner, just saw the post. Bottom line answer from Mont is of course right, use Universal Key from Keymaster. Ade
niho, sorry for the late reply. Let me know which character this is, and i will have the correct keys placed in your house so you can make the boots.

Thanks V!  The character name is chicky

if you need any info or need me to place the magical keys in the house first let me know - thanks again!

Niho
The Required Keys have been placed in your house

Just wondering what the long term solution to this problem is.  I have a character on level 53 who is going to really want those boots within 2-3 weeks.

I have oodles of supply tent appropriation credits and was just planning on buying the keys there until it became clear this was not an option.  Should I expect the same sort of "in your house" treatment?  Should I start dedicating myself to finding the required keys in the "wild"?  Or is there a plan to change the tent keys from magical to universal sometime soon enough for me to just wait it out?

Sandy

Thanks for taking care of that for me V!  Ruby ATG Boots Made! :D

PS - I am dragging around 25 magical keys...should I just dump them and make that much extra room for nubs?

Niho 
Any chance I can get an answer to the following post from above?  I just spend 1000 clicks on Larkinor looking for the keymaster without any luck.  (Is he really found "everywhere"?)

Just wondering what the long term solution to this problem is. I have a character on level 53 who is going to really want those boots within 2-3 weeks.

I have oodles of supply tent appropriation credits and was just planning on buying the keys there until it became clear this was not an option. Should I expect the same sort of "in your house" treatment? Should I start dedicating myself to finding the required keys in the "wild"? Or is there a plan to change the tent keys from magical to universal sometime soon enough for me to just wait it out?

Sandy
The issue of keys is being looked at. Nihobans keys were replaced because he bought his from the tent and received the wrong ones.

I would suggest simply hunting for the keymaster. It seems to like hiding lots though and collecting keys can be time consuming sometimes.

Sorry Sandy, I have a boatload of them, but they can't be sold :(

-RTD
I spent 3500 clicks yesterday looking for these keys and only found 9 of them.  If this ratio of clicks-to-keys continues, I'll have to spend another 5800 clicks to find the remaining 15 keys.  That adds up to 9300 clicks dedicated to this one purpose.  The boots that I'm trying to get will grant me +4 additional clicks per day.  9300 clicks spent divided by the 4 bonus clicks per day = 2325... the RIDICULOUS number of days it will take me to recover the clicks spent in obtaining the boots.

Considering it'll take over 6 years before I actually end up with a single bonus click on top of my overhead, getting these keys in the wild is WAY past pointless.  I'm giving up on that right now.

So I have two alternative plans.

Plan A) "Accidentally" buy the magical keys from the tent then beg for help...!

Plan B) Hope that the supply tent is fixed before the keys drop off my list at level 56.  (Seeing the above math should make it perfectly clear that this is indeed a BROKEN aspect of the game and does indeed need to be addressed.)  Any chance of it being fixed in the next few months?

Plan C) If the following proposal is against the rules of the game, somebody please let me know ASAP and I'll cancel it.  If I offered 200k per universal key, would anyone with a level 52 or less character be willing to set up a meeting place for you to steal something from me so I can try to get some keys in my "revenge" attack?

Sandy

I guess I had three* alternative plans...

Proofreading... what's the point in doing it AFTER the message is already etched in the digital stone of this forum?

Sandy