« Back to All Topics
Characters wandering off
Characters wandering off
Characters wandering off
Ok...loadsa times I find my characters where I have not left them in the game. I never exceed my playable clicks per day so  dunno how this is possible. Nobody else uses my puter nor something like that. Nothing misses from my characters it's just that they are not where I have put them after I have played (in the house 100% of time).

Then I come back, log in and find them on market, or simply outside the house. Now this doesn't happen always but once or twice a week. How is this possible? It's esp important now when people can steal from me that they ARE in the house and they are not. I dunno how. Any help? 
Ok Fluff...
I am not sure how they would end up at market unless u put them there... but having them in your house doesn't stop peeps from robbing your house.  If they get into your house when u are there, it boots you outside ur house, and so when you log back in your character is standing just outside ur house.. u go in and find it robbed.

Hope this helps.

Kitty
Do you drink alot when you play Larki?

Well if you aren't missing any clicks send that error ever here! Maybe I'll be placed on TA or something. ;)
I dunno how they end up at market. They love shopping?

Ok...makes sense to drop me outta window while I sleep to rob me but how can a lower level character get out of house? 

id say its ghosts got to be them ghosts. calling the ghosts busters is ur only solution. Anyway to be serious for a mment i have no clue as to why this would be happening, my sugguestion is to screenshot where u are at when u log out and possible screen shot ur character info page to show amount of clicks then when u log in  and you are unexpectedly at the market screenshot that to along wioth ur characte rinfo page and sent it to the mods.
GHOSTBUSTERS!
We ain't-we ain't-we
We ain't afraid of no ghosts
GHOSTBUSTERS!
We ain't-we ain't-we
GHOSTBUSTERS!
We ain't-we ain't-we
GHOSTBUSTERS

ps I think my character bob12345 ran away from me and won't return if anyone sees him let him know he ismissed and bob if you are reading this please come home.
Who ya gonna call? 
GHOSTBUSTERS.  Lol that never gets old.
fluffy, i often have the same problem.  i 100% of the time put my char's in their houses at the end of the day, yet sometimes they end up just outside the house, at market, or the odd time somewhere else.
then sometimes it clues in to me... ghosts!  no, just kidding... sometimes i probably sign out before that final click (into the house) actually takes place.  other times i'm playing one char... then need an item.  so i get my other char out, sell that item on market, then go back and buy it on the first char.  when i'm done playing that first char, i log out.  and would you believe it?  my second char is still in the market, even though i always go home when i'm done fighting.
mistakes happen... memories sometimes slip.  that's life.
--jason
I have had the same experiences too. I think ,though, that Jason has pointed out all the probable reasons for these "wanderings". One thing..I have never been robbed while at home-I have always been out doing..um, things. And I don't remember having found myself robbed after returning from these "wonderings". 
Deus Ex Machine?

Esme ;)

Happens to me as well...
Oh well, I know that my characters are sporty fellows, and maybe they went for a walk? Although to the graveyard I haven't found a reason yet, maybe it was for a dare?
:D
Trouble
It happens to my characters as well. Luckily, they’ve never had to return to a house that’s been robbed.  I finally decided that they must be sleepwalking... wandering around Larki in a dream state while I'm away.  I'm just happy that, while in that state of diminished capacity, none of them have been run over by one of those carriages that are continually speeding by.  Perhaps we should start tethering our little heroes to the bed post when we leave... for their own protection, of course. 

Smiles,  ;)   :D
Zuni

ok... now thats more pple noticed and post in forum i tell you what i am doing late at night in Larki 

when you guys have gone to bed and think you left your char safe at home.. i start my rounds and knock on doors ..  i lure your chars away to the beach with promises and promises  ...   the end of the rainbow... some real lepricorns... and easy vincable monsters with great drops.. when they arive at beach i give them one of my secret potions  so they forget all abt what happened

In the meanwhile the evil robbers of Larki take advantage of the absence of your chars from your houses and have time enough to dislock traps... search the piles of rumble ... 

when the robbers are done and morning comes i send your chars back home or to market (they think they can sell their imaganary great drops there)...

The Evil One

p.s. if you need any referrals .. i am employed by (censored by robbers) aaah at least they pay me well ;) 
Ok guys... mine have not been simply wandering off... 
but one of my characters have reportadly actually attacked somone 3 times.... and NO it wasn't me.  
It was after I had logged off for the day, and had put my character in her house for the night.

I do not find this funny, but rather distrubing... I have changed all my passwords and suggest that everyone else do the same.

Kitty
Not knowing the specifics of what happened, Kittin, but a thought comes to my mind... perhaps someone made a similar-named char to yours? Perhaps as a joke, or not, but maybe one possibility.

Still a good idea to change your password! Can't be too careful!
Already thought of that Blue.. but unfortunatly for them to be high enough level to kill this person they would need a lvl 37 or 38... they would show up on the toplists.

There is no character on the Toplists above lvl 35 with a name similiar to Kittin_102.  

And I for SURE did not attack them on TA..specially when I was home sleepen.

Kitty
its most definatly the ghosts :|
Kitt,
There was just a show on TV about people raiding the refrigerator and eating while asleep and others who get violent while asleep and walking around.  Maybe you have a "playing Larki while asleep" disorder?
I do that a lot.  Sadly, when I wake up in the morning, I see my clicks haven't been reduced at all.  I think my dream-to-computer interface is broken.

Sandy

Bump... This issue really needs looking into :|

Kitty