Changes in Tanx
Posted in 
Tanx
Changes in Tanx
Posted in 
Tanx
Changes in Tanx
Dear Tanxers,

You might have noticed already, some things have changed in Tanx. Now, subscribers can control several operation parameters, so there is no need to differentiate between rooms any more. We hope this will make the additional battlefields more appealing.
Please note, that operations can be watched by anyone. It is possible to join an operation from observer mode too. This is a convenient feature to tell the op password (if any) to others.
And finally, shots are buffered again! In turn, the minimum time between two shots has been increased to 2 seconds. Buffering means, if you issue your fire command earlier, your command will be 'remembered' by your tank, and it will be fulfilled with a delay, so that time between shots will be never less than 2 seconds ... except for mines, where the minimum time gap is 1200 msecs only. So mines will be laid closer to each other than before, hopefully making mines even more powerful.

FlyOrDie
I'd like to be the first to say.... 
outstanding job FlyOrDie....OUTSTANDING  !!!

the entire landscape of the game has been 
re-newed for the better :)

the best TANX game on the web just got even better !!

thanks for all your hard work

GHOST RIDER MP
All the changes are great except for the firing.  That should not have been changed.  That buffer is terrible.  In a game, i have to wait 2 sec.  that's just too long.  I'd vote for putting the firing back to it's original state.  Or have a turn on or off button for the buffer.

To clarify things: You had to wait between shots before this change too. Not 2 secs, but 1,5 secs only, that's not a so big change. The only difference is that before this, when you right clicked your target before 1,5 secs elapsed since your last shot command, it was totally ignored. Now, it will be 'remembered' when this time is over, and the command will be issued. If you don't want this, just right click your target once instead of clicking multiple times.
This delay between shots is not the same as the response time. The response time (the time between the command and the shot) is still 1,5 secs. And that's why the delay between shots has been increased: Until now, if you were under fire, you didn't have the chance to flee when you noticed the first hit, since the second shot came just right 1,5 secs after the first one, and your tank couldn’t response to your move command. Now, you have half a second to react fast...

The ability to jump between battlefields (along with the cute pictures) is nice for those who desire them.

I don't like the firing delay and I don't like the proliferation of mines.

The biggest proglem needs to be addressed and that's to provide a Classic Battlefield for subscriber's only. Non-points players who's only mission is to disrupt the games of points-players is getting to be too great a pain to endure.
You are diluting this game to where you are losing your paying customers.
I forgot to ask, why are the point totals not changing?
I had to ask what the changes were. You need to get the word out better. Most players never read this forum.
I thought there was a donwloadablew version
Ecuse me that last time it was 100 percent but now is 56 percent of my shooting. and shooting pretty stink now. what is going on this tanx? i cant shoot good now and i m very mad!!!!!!!! why because it make me miss shooting now and it stinks! i want that game back where it was! cause i cant shoot good now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
now i'm shooting in places i dont even remember clicking! I sure didn't see a change in movement, but i did see one in my clicking time

Hi All, many people have said things to this topic
and I Think my opinion counts 2!!!
HEHEHEHEHEHEH
First of All, If I were to choose a version for tanx
I would choose the first one of them all
the one that did not have ratios or anything, the one that the first person was the one who killed most people
but I'm fine with this one.
BUT, If I were to choose, the shooting problems that everyone was talking about, I would change that to the way it was before, but, I do not own FlyOrDie and never will.
Well, I got an idea
why dont you all make a voting thing? 
the FlyorDie staff can put on the flyordie website a Pop-Out that will have the options:
"About the Shooting Abilities, what do you want to do with it?" 
1. Leave it, it is fine
2. Change it to the way it was before
3. "OTHER OPTIONS"

Well, it is my choice and opinion
I got a link that is an idea for the FlyOrDie staff to have

http://www3.enquetes.com.br/popenquete.asp?id=317083&p=1

here is the link to it, we are choosing the Best Player in my team, so you can vote for me ;) Bryan, lol, just kidding
I think democracy has to be made!!! LOLLLLL
Well, my opinion says that, A Voting thing can be made, with that, the players will speak for themselves
THank YOu
Bryan_BR, Bryan_Brazil, FULANO
thanks for wasting your time to read this =)
lol, i dont want to critisize fod or anything, i think they did a great job, but the *only* problem i see is the shooting time.  Though it sounded like a great idea.
ur opinion.  That was just stupid
HOW COME ALMOST EVERY GAME HAS A DOWNLOADABL VERSION...BUT TANX DOESNT? WHY!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!!?
yes firing 2 slow please change it
based on the information I have M1 Killer
I will try to answer your questions

in your message you state:
"The biggest proglem needs to be addressed and that's to provide a Classic Battlefield for subscriber's only. Non-points players who's only mission is to disrupt the games of points-players is getting to be too great a pain to endure."

the answer to that is... IT'S DONE ;)
...when you click on "start new operation" you will see a set up screen (army members only) that allows for exactly that..you can set up an OP for rated players only...or have a non-rated match.
password protected matches are also an option...and a player can join your password protected OP when in as an observer...once you provide the password.

your next question was:
"I forgot to ask, why are the point totals not changing?"

you must join a rated match to gain points.
if you join a match set up for no rating...or if there are no rated players (non-army members) in an OP...yours will not change.

hope this answers your questions...if you need further info let me know...I'll try to answer if I can...or post it in this topic.

regards,
GHOST RIDER MP
Thats a great idea flyordie. I like the idea. Keep up the good work.
)==BROCK==>
[img=tags] 
ty fod, now we don't have to here so many complaints between pointers and non-pointers
The firing is still a little off, sometimes it shoots, sometimes it doesn't.  

Are you sure you guys restored it back to normal?

fast_yz400 WG
sory, i check the forum constantly, but i've noticed the fireing is off to, my guns sometimes don't shoot at all, well, it's either that or the fact that my computer's sound is broken, but i dont get what it is.
> Dear Tanxers,
> 
> You might have noticed already, some things have
> changed in Tanx. Now, subscribers can control several
> operation parameters, so there is no need to
> differentiate between rooms any more. We hope this
> will make the additional battlefields more
> appealing.
> Please note, that operations can be watched by
> anyone. It is possible to join an operation from
> observer mode too. This is a convenient feature to
> tell the op password (if any) to others.
> And finally, shots are buffered again! In turn, the
> minimum time between two shots has been increased to
> 2 seconds. Buffering means, if you issue your fire
> command earlier, your command will be 'remembered' by
> your tank, and it will be fulfilled with a delay, so
> that time between shots will be never less than 2
> seconds ... except for mines, where the minimum time
> gap is 1200 msecs only. So mines will be laid closer
> to each other than before, hopefully making mines
> even more powerful.
> 
> FlyOrDie

WHY DOES THERE HAVE TO BE A BUFFER IN SHOTS BEING FIRED?????????????????????????? 

No Tanx Master,

It's not you, others besides you and me are having the same problem.  Sometimes it shoots and sometimes it doesn't.  

Some of the others that are having the same issues like:
Major Loser
Half Breed
Nevaeh_Angle

I am sure there are more besides us that are seeing the same problems with firing.

fast_yz400 WG
i´m 1 of them.
Plz change it
lol, u notice, whatever fod does, there's going to be some criticism, every single time the game changed. . .
I have the same problem, but I still like the idea of waiting to shoot. I am practicing to play like this.
)==BROCK==>
I have this problem, and I would like it to be the way it was a week ago
they changed it, it was better, but still, I would say last week, the shooting was 100%, now
 it is 50%
 plz, change it BACK
and do the voting thingy, I think it will help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

same problem here, sometimes it just doesn't shoot

so you're waiting for the buffered shot that never comes

perhaps the solution would be a graphical display of how many shots you have qued up

that would keep you from constantly clicking new shots in that were never going to take place

but, it is possible from my observations, that sometime it's just not shooting, and has nothing to do with the buffering
Whats up with you guys at flyordie? You have ruin the firing system. Now you expect me to put up with this new game. LMAO. Im out this joint for good. Why do we reply about this anyways. Its took you 6 months to fix the privates. You fix one thing you screw up another. LMAO. No more money for fod. And keep my extra 6 months!
gee Pancho..  a bit upset I see.. :(

give it some time dude..  
it's only been a few days... it'll all work out...
with all the changes it takes a short time to "balance" everything maybe?

GHOST
I think there are lots of reason for doing this one of them is to protect against lag. Lag was one of the most important problem u guys complained about and flyordie solved it. You guys should be thanking flyordie instead of complaining.
)==BROCK==>