« Back to All Topics
gold nuggets and iron ore
Anybody notice something strange happening in the market lately?  Like all the gold nuggets and iron ore being continuously bought up and resold at 100% and 290% respectively?  Now this may be a nice little earner for whoever is doing this but not so good for the lowest level players who need these 2 most used ingredients to make their armour and weapons. (Not just everyone has a rich benefactor.)
This practice has extended to kithrill as well. No matter how many my digger places on the market (at 50%)   they just get scoffled up and repriced at 73%. Now my digger is saving seperate lots of kithrill, centrolium,etc. for my other chars if and when they need some at a reasonable rate.
It seems that now everybody needs to have a digger!

Esme
Well, I don't know about the iron, but I may be able to shed some light on the gold and kith.  Gold nuggets often make an excellent item to use when transfering medium sums of money.  I know of several people who use them.  As for the kith, I believe the vast majority of it is being purchased by people making houseparts or weapons/armour.  It's just that there are so many houseparts being made that many of us will buy all we see at 50%.  

TeT
Hi Esme -

The market practice has been going on for a while. Disprosium, kithril, and centroleum are in constant demand for houseparts. I have used 500 of each in around 2 weeks. I know of many characters who are doing the same, we buy much of what we see at 50% (this though is very little).

Nuggets are used in higher level armours by the thousand whereas the ores are just discarded by most.

When I dig I make an effort to restock the market with 50% diggables and to homeport some back from TA. Unfortunately some diggers sell at store which seems to be increasing the problem, some list higher hoping for more money and others buy and reprice. Unfortunately this is just how the games is going, hopefully it will settle back to 50% eventually.

Again if you need something specifically come into chat and ask. Most players though will have a digger as you pointed out. I created my second account for just that purpose.

KmS :)
Thanks for the replies,and,Tet, you could possibly be right about the gold nuggets.  However the price of iron ore has consistantly been at 292% since I noticed it 3 or 4 days ago. Usually my digger dumps iron ore but as an experiment I placed 1359 pieces of iron ore on the market at 6 silvers(50%).At that time there was around 1000 pieces on for 35 silvers (292%). Well sure enough a few hours later mine were all sold and there was now 2350 pieces of iron ore at 292%. Also when I placed 47 kithrill on at 50% I watched as someone turned them around to sell at 73%! 
KmS, thanks for the offer, however my digger pretty much
covers my other characters.  Like you, I opened a 2nd acct to have a digger (And an overworked one at that) 
and he is proving to be invaluable.

Esme:) 
Ouch. Anyone can supply cheap houseparts? I spent 15 mill last night making them and buying some. I need it for space to store nubs. I have about 900 right now. I'm going to give them to the builders when the table block is cleared at 50% when we get there. All the ones I can't fit in my house I place on the market @ 50%. I put a bunch there last night too.

If you can I'll stop stealing and save Raiken's embarrassment of getting stolen from and beaten up. 

Can't buy them now though. I'm broke.:D
think i saved you the embarrasment of almost getting beaten by someone 6 lvls lower. but steal ahead i dont mind much :p
Regarding the post, yes some people would do anything for a few extra silvers from repricing 50% goods. Some possible ways to prevent this is the placing of huge amounts (thousands) of goods at 50% which would deter some people from repricing the lot, while also encouraging others to place at 50% instead of higher where it may get bumped. Of course nubs and some others would be bought no matter how many is at 50%.

Another way of course is to bump the goods if you notice a large number of 50% goods repriced to just above 50%. Some people are always willing to help bump if you dont have the 20 characters yourself. :D

Also, placing a few intermediary prices between the lowest offer and 50% to deter the person repricing buying your goods at above 50%. It also encourages others to place their item closer or at 50% since otherwise they would not sell quick or risk bumping.
"I have about 900 right now. I'm going to give them to the builders when the table block is cleared at 50% when we get there"

You are assuming that the table has actually been programmed in then?
Yeh, Raiken you're speed was impressive. ;) I was actually typing that and made a type and hit backspace and it logged me off. :p Luckily I can get in with no problem.

And I hope the table will be there. :(
> Well sure enough a few hours later mine were all sold and there was now 2350 pieces of iron ore at 292%.

It sounds like you've got a point.  This problem could be solved in about 5 minutes.  Just bump them.  Very few people (if any) have 1645 kgs of free space in their house for 2350 pieces of iron ore.

Sandy

How do you "bump" an item?  I thought that the market automatically dumped items when there were 20 sellers.  Can a single player, cause a dumping?
A single 
player
 can... if that player has at least 20 
characters

Check the market.  Iron well and truly bumped.  Someone's house just got crushed with 1.6 metric tonnes of iron ore.

Sandy