« Back to All Topics
lack of updates=lack of players?
Iam really starting to notice a drop of in the number of players on at any one time, i have been noticing this for the last 3 months. I see alot of new players under lvl 10 on but not many of the players that played this game for years and supported the game. The lack of any interest it seems on the part of the games development team seem to be drivng people to the competition i see more larkinor players on those games then on here. Alot of ppl are not going to be resubbing until some interest is shown, alot are not even going to resub period. Monday morning i was on (normal a busy time lots in chat lots of ppl around) iwas the only one in chat for 3 hrs and only 6 ppl on the game for that time. We are lucky to see 40+ people playing now 1 year ago that was around 80. Something has to be done or this game will be a ghost town.
Gee, ya think?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but this seems to be SOP so I can't say that I'm surprised.
ofcourse i know it is but many may not bane
<SIGH>  I know, but the problem is that the feeling is always 'this time it will be different'.  It never is. :-(
So you are just trying to get the hopes of the noobs up so that they can be as disappointed as the more experienced players? :-)  I'll be quiet now before I get slammed with a 'how much they have done for us/me' ;-)
Thought you'd like that :-)  We have to laugh or we would stomp on noobs for asking the same old questions time and again - just to relieve the frustration.
good talking to u again drop by chat sometime if you can
Sorry, 'chat' isn't something I can do.  I'm at work right now taking a break from the document that I have to update.  At home..... well, going into chat seems to cause problems on my PC and I don't feel like buying another one any time soon.

I had to stomp a noob - but I tried to be gentle.  A little gentle?  Not as brutal as I could have been? :-)
>seem to be drivng people to the competition i see more larkinor players on those games then on here

ok, not to encourage people to go elswhere but where is the competitions sites?

we arent allowed to say them because we would get banned ;)
I've just recieved bad news from the HUN programming team.
The english-version is now confirmed to be 
entirely seperate
 of the hungarian version, and after selling the license of the game, Onebitheroes has no authority over the english version, whatsoever.

There are two main differences between the hungarian version and the english one:
One is the "
update empowerment
": The hungarian game is mainly empowered by hobby-spirit, therefore the programmers are always there and ready to introduce newer and newer upgrades. 
In the english-version, the prime concept is profitability. The company needs money and funds to pay programmers. It may therefore not be profitable to introduce upgrades(payed work-hours), or in the extreme, keep up the game itself.

The other concept is the "
upgrade interference ability
". In the english version, the engine or motor of the game has been partially modified to another program-language, to the advantage. You may experience it in such simple cases as the game doesn't eject you when you click twice on an icon as does in the hungarian version, for instance. But this system has one huge drawback: the system becomes a "closed system", making any change difficult to program down-due to a full-out retranslation and rescription of the code. This takes a much longer time implement anything new...if it is even considered to be implemented.

In conclusion, these two differences affect any updates negatively. We shouldn't give up all hope for the clans, for levels above lvl 75, a complete Thord-Artin, for newer missions and any other possible updates, but it would be good to hear the final word on this matter from the highest level of authority in the english-version.
Perhaps that is why Slim has 25000 clicks.  Hate to oversimplify, but if there is no 'level 76', I wouldn't 'race' to finish lvl 75
That's what it seems like to me. I've become.....disaffected?
It isnt really lack of players...i would mention a few MMO games but since that is forbidin i shall not. It is basicly the lack of interest that the people who run the games up-dates, show. I still have a game that is frequently updated for those who still wish to play. 

What basicly needs to happen is that someone decides to take a slight interest in the game enoguh to create updates for the rest of those who still would like to play for free, or subcribe.Although i have no intention to come back, for personal reasons, i say this for those who still do wish to play like bane monty and demon and everyone else because even though the game is some what fading it would be time for someone to show some respect and give-a-care about what the people of larkinor would like inreturn of there loyalty and odeying the rules for so long and helping newer players become veterans and making them an addition to the "Larkinor Family".

*Brings out a bottle of whine and passes it al around*

To Larkinor.  
while yes, i do find it slightly annoying that larki is not planning to be developped past lvl 100, i also do see an advantage larki has over many other games.  one other game claims weekly updates, but larki is much less often.  but larki updates are good for more than a week.  yes, t.a. can get boring at times, but it will technically keep us busy for a few years.  a mission can keep someone busy for a few days if they work it out on their own instead of using the walk-through.  clans (whenever it actually gets here) will probably keep people busy for at least a year, just getting used to all the parts of it.  and after that, many others will start joining clans, allowing it to be useful well beyond that.
basically, larki is a long-term committment thing.  if you get bored easily, it's not a game for you.  i personally will love to stick it out until t.a. is cleared just to see it done, even with all the monotonous fighting and building.  and i will be doing everything i can with clans, to figure out all the benefits, not just enjoying one or two little conveniences.  i will not head over to another game (sorry those of you waiting to see me and others come join you there :p).  i'm in larki for life... it's the type of thing i enjoy.  and if i hit the lvl 100 cap, i'll just leave him there and start some more, unless there's more things you can do at lvl 100.  if larki were updated weekly with little missions and small updates, i'd get bored much quicker.  i like the long-term committment.
long live larkinor... and all the new players who will come in to replace all those we lose who get bored and leave.  cheers :)
--jason
jason u are way too optomistic
1st i dont see many new ppl comming to play at all in the morning chat is empty last evening 7pm chat was empty for over 2 hrs something wrong
yes monty, i am optimistic.  but i also realize larki is shrinking.  those coming in probably aren't as many as those leaving.  but it will level off some time i'm sure.  and people have been known to play without coming into chat.
i guess with a smaller population (especially of higher lvl players), things like t.a. will take longer, allowing those who do stay a longer period to be able to fight for the end... which may or may not be a good thing :p
--jason