Forums » The Larkinor Quest
Sexist?
Replies: 38   Pages: 3   Most recent reply posted by: moonliter (Aug 24, 2006 12:13 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 38   Pages: 3   [ Go: 1 2 3 » ]
Orphica

Sexist? Posted: Jul 31, 2006 5:42 AM
Excuse me, I don't want to sound rude or anything, but is it just me or are the creators of this game slightly sexist? There's a handfull of male avatar pictures, but only two actual girl avatar pictures ((you can't really tell if the hooded person is male or female)). Would someone please explain to me why that is?

demonolithslayer

Re: Sexiest? Posted: Jul 31, 2006 10:27 AM
Most of the playing population is male...and even female players dont have to have female characters.

If you don't like the pictures available then you could subscribe, and this would mean you can have your own picture there, or one of a female avatar from the internet.

Smurfmom44

Re: Sexiest? Posted: Jul 31, 2006 12:51 PM
Well Orph, see my reply to a totaly different thread not too long ago.

Anyway as far as this game goes it is pretty much totaly text orientated and I would say the cuteness factor is hovering around zero. There are a few monsters that I regret having to kill but for the most part no cuteness. I have also found that like many video/computer games it is definatly more male centered. There are very few female avatars to choose from, there are female monsters I thouroughly enjoy killing and would like to give them a gift certificate to a good clothing store. One of the missions is totaly distateful to a straight woman. There are very few, hmmm no make that NO male monsters that I find "interesting".

And D some of us women prefer to play ONLY female chars, I bet not many guys play the female ones.

rebanne

Re: Sexist? Posted: Jul 31, 2006 8:13 PM
Have to agree on the total lack of 'good' pictures for female characters. I went with the red-headed bimbo for most of mine on the theory that the guys deserved to get squashed by 'someone' who looked like a total airhead.

On the monsters.... both the cuteness and 'scarey' factors are about zero. I occasionally find one amusing and every once and a while detest one so much that I'll attack it at the higher levels just to get 'payback' for how tough it was at the lower levels.

If someone wants to create a picture(s) for my top characters - feel free! I haven't had the time to play with any of the packages that would let me do something like that.

moonliter

Re: Sexist? Posted: Jul 31, 2006 11:04 PM
> I went with the red-headed bimbo for most of mine on the theory that the guys deserved to get squashed by 'someone' who looked like a total airhead.

ROTFL!! Yeah, the female choices are pretty bad for the pics. I myself would prefer something with a Valkyrie look to them with big broadswords and those balls on chains thingies.

Alas, guess I'll just have to remain a viking at heart and go with the goldilocks looking one with the loaded picnic basket.

rebanne

Re: Sexist? Posted: Aug 1, 2006 12:07 AM
That would be a mace..... And you would want a lighter sword than a broadsword - something that you can swing with one hand. A sword that requires both hands while riding a flying horse is not as effective.

Or maybe the amazon look - so you can have all of the other nice toys like knives and short swords and spears and bow/arrows and....

I spend FAR too much of my life with violent thoughts.

moonliter

Re: Sexist? Posted: Aug 1, 2006 12:10 AM
>Or maybe the amazon look - so you can have all of the other nice toys like knives and short swords and spears and bow/arrows and....

Yeah!! That would be cool too!!

>I spend FAR too much of my life with violent thoughts.

Naw!! Just cool ideas.

jessito

Re: Sexist? Posted: Aug 1, 2006 8:06 AM
hehe like the other girls i am a lil dissapointed of the girlpic choises but i just had to chose atleast 1 of them for my chars so i chose the red-haired bimbo LOL and when i saw the other short-haired green-dressed girl(you know the one with the brown hair) well i just had to make her my digger
Oh well i guess they are good as long as you can tell that there is actually a female creature on them LOL

rebanne

Re: Sexist? Posted: Aug 1, 2006 9:15 AM
Although the guys DO have more choices, I will point out that ALL the choices look like they were beat with an ugly stick - a BIG and dirty ugly stick at that.

LadyDie

Re: Sexist? Posted: Aug 1, 2006 1:18 PM
That is so true Rebane! Even the scantly clad female monsters got hit with that same stick.

Affe3

Re: Sexist? Posted: Aug 1, 2006 5:16 PM
I agree with you.
The guys have much more avatars than we do.
But their avatars look pretty ummmmm bad.
They should add more girl avatars

Affe3
The Youngest Robber In Town

esme

Re: Sexist? Posted: Aug 1, 2006 6:15 PM
Well I have two cents worth to put in too. That is: I agree with all of you.
Rebbane, if you trawl through the fantasy art galleries on line there are dozens of pics to choose from. It is time consuming though, and most would have to be cut to an acceptable size to upload.
BTW, that red-headed bimbo was my first character choice...for the same reason. LOL

~esme

moonliter

Re: Sexist? Posted: Aug 2, 2006 12:08 AM
I cant edit my profile. All it has is my email addy and wont let me change anything else. I am a sub also.

tdurand

Re: Sexist? Posted: Aug 2, 2006 12:52 AM
not beat with a big ugly stick......Beat with the UGLY TREE

TD

rebanne

Re: Sexist? Posted: Aug 2, 2006 1:22 AM
I wasn't sure if 'ugly tree' was a regional saying, but... Yes, CLEARLY a whole ugly tree was used. I don't get it though - the guys have their choice of ugly pictures and the gals have a choice of brainless looking bimbos. I'm not entirely sure who is worse off!

to the person who suggested the picture search.... I know I COULD do a search on the internet, but I'm still to lazy!

Replies: 38   Pages: 3   [ Go: 1 2 3 » ]

Back to Topic List      Top of the page