« Back to All Topics
rebannesite
rebannesite
rebannesite
I just received a notice that rebannesite is due for renewal in 30 days.  Since I have seen no mention of this site in months and don't think it is being used to any great extent (there ARE other sites), I am planning on letting this service lapse.  

If I am incorrect and there ARE people using it on a routine basis, I might reconsider. 
Rebanne,

For what it's worth, when I first started Larki, I used your site all the time. It was a very helpful tool, and I just wanted to thank you for your effort and the help it provided.

-B
I understand your feeling Bane and you are probably right.  However, I must say until Sandy's site I used yours all the time.  It was a great help and you did an excellent job.
I too used your site on a regular basis and thank you for all your effort into making that site.  

Marbunz
Like the others, when I first started playing I used your site all the time.  Now I still find it to to be the best comprehensive reference for all weaponry and armour. I use it when searching for new level weapons and I think all beginners should (if they havn't already) acquaint themselves with the listings if only to understand the scope of weaponry and armour available in Larkinor.
I understand that there are costs involved in maintaining a site but I still think that letting it lapse would be a loss to the game.
Whatever you decide to do-Thank you for the help it provides and provided.

~esme

>I understand that there are costs involved in maintaining a site but I still think that letting it lapse would be a loss to the game.

Maybe if we all pitched in a buck Rebanne could keep it running awhile longer?

Just a thought. 
ML
rebane your site is great, Iam sad to see it go.Also on the chipping in to keep it up like the above poster suggested, umm we sort of need to do that for larkinorguide as well.
grrrrrrrrr  I typed a LONG response and lost my connection.  I'll type it back in tomorrow morning.  Until then, I appreciate all of the positive statements... :-)
I always use your site for my weapon information as well.  If it isn't worth the cost for you anymore, I'm sure everyone will understand and we'll all be sorry to see it go.

As far as everyone pitching in a buck goes, well...Sandy's site will do fine.  I'm just kidding.
Although this isn't a 'popularity contest', I have to notice that not very many people have responded and everyone mentions they 'used to use' the site.  Ok, I admit that I haven't added updates to the site so I only use it on my lower level characters.  If no one is CURRENTLY using the site, it is hard to justify keeping it going whether it is funded by donations or I pay for it myself.

I do appreciate the positive comments and if Sandy's site is the one that is actually being used, then his is the site that everyone should make donations to.  If his is 100% funded, then feel free to pass the 'extra' on to me, but I won't hold my breath.  ;-)

I won't 'throw away' the html that is 'behind' rebannesite so it can be resurrected if necessary, but I think that the donations should be sent to Sandy to keep the site that is being used operational.
This is merely the most recent example of the support you have shown me, rebanne, and I thank you whole-heartedly for all of it.  As I've said before, when it came to building my own site, I merely stood on the shoulders of giants.  Thanks for the time and effort you spent blazing the trail.

Sandy

I guess it is just a 'mutual appreciation' thing ;-) 

I don't have time to do updates anymore so there is/was a need for a website that was current for the highest level players.  I MIGHT have time for that someday, but I'm not betting on it any time soon.

It only makes sense that all donations should go to the website(s) that are receiving the most (current) use.
I think I could pitch in a few dollars if it helps. Yes,I think your site is really helpful on armor and weapons.I really wouldn't want to see it gone :(
OK, there seems to be some interest in keeping rebannesite as a viable site.  Perhaps because I don't have so many databases behind it, rebannesite is not as expensive to keep running as Sandy's site.  Only ~$60/year.  Therefore...  if I receive $30 in donations (contact me at the email address on my site for my paypal account) before 12/1, I will pay the other $30 needed to keep rebannesite operational for the next year.

Anything less than $30 by 12/1 will be donated to Sandy to help with the expenses for his site.

Does this seem fair to everyone?
Thanks.  It seemed like the only fair way of deciding.  Kind of a 'no lose' solution for those who play LQ - if there are enough donations, the rebannesite continues for another year.  If there aren't, then the one site gets whatever support this.
Special thanks to Esme.

I would like everyone who has ever used rebannesite or SandyT's site to please consider donating to the upkeep of one or both of the sites.  Neither of us is asking to make a profit (pardon while I laugh), but think about how many clicks you save by not needing to go through the missions without a map (or translating the Hungarian maps by yourself) and not needing to ply the old man at the bar with beer to get the recipes for your armour and weapons.

The next time you level, please think about how many clicks the player sites are saving you.  Can you make your new weapons/armour without referring to either of the sites?

and, again, if you can only afford to donate to one site, please make it Sandy's site.  I would be disappointed to see rebannesite disappear, but Sandy has time to keep his site current and I don't - better that his site continues.