« Back to All Topics
Is Rock really dead?
Posted in 
Off-topic
Is Rock really dead?
Posted in 
Off-topic
Is Rock really dead?
Who here thinks that rock is dead. If you all know, Marylin Manson said that rock is dead, but i dont know if i believe it or not. I mean, true,, there are no more bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Led Zepplin, or Metallica. But who really thinks that rock is dead. Tell me what you think?.!
             Sincirely, Zeb
eh ? not about they are still about just not as big as big or finished but not like dead. anyway no it aint theres just a few tenny bopper rockers out there that mask the good stuff- u dig deep enough my friend and you will find the stuff

meanwhile listen to garage man !!! ahahahaha j/k
rock is not dead....tho it has lost some of its authenticity. it is no longer about making political statements to broadcast to a wide audience, which is a shame really. 

no music genre is dead, tho i have a serious objection against this bang bang trance music cos personally it is just a load of recycled stuff. artists who cannot be bothered to compose their own material but as french philosopher Roland Barthes said once "it is nothing but a collection of tissues of quotations" and i have to agree with him there...

ok rant over.....jo.
oh shut up and shake ur thing joannnnnnaaaaaaaa..
personally...  I think the best era for music was the 80's..  the 70's were pretty good too..... but the 80's defined my generation..
  GENESIS...JOURNEY...FLEETWOOD MAC....
PINK FLOYD....THE CARS....NIGHT RANGER....
STYX.....
and many other bands.....out there long before most of the "one hit wonders" on the air today..  so many fade away in a year or so....one can't even remember their names.
I look at the lyrics of some of the songs from so called "artists" like EMINEM (or however it's spelled)one song describing murdering his mother?  thats art?  no...I think not....it's the rantings of a mentally ill drug abuser who has no respect for himself....or anyone else for that matter....
I'll just keep playing my 80's songs  ;)
b cool
GHOST RIDER MP
I have to agree with Ghost!
When my cousin played her 80s music to me.....  there was talent back then!  I love all those 80s stuff now!  And they are coming back re-mixed cause no one has the talent to write their own songs or play their own instruments!  Its all a big dance show!!   No originality!

I do like Nickleback, Creed to name a few who have stayed original!

Sandy;)
eminem is a true artist in my opinion. he is a white bloke who made himself sucessful and recognised in a musical genre which is predominately made up of black males. he raps about reality and his personal experiences rather than some trash like mariah carey who warbles, screeches and wears skimpy clothes, showing off her enhanced chest....not very artistic, just cheap!
either way be it as it may, woman has quite a voice.
no 80's is full of one hit wonders ! 60's rule (H) when was a better music era than when jimi was twanging that badboy !
and yes cheeky for once i agree with u on the eminem bit.

but mariah can warble and scream as much as she likes with that "enhanced chest". 
thats cos im right don. i always am
WHATTTTTTTTTT

MY POST WAS DELETED !

yeah i guess ppl knew ur were dreaming about reading lmfao...well we all did..man(me) vs (boy) don,man wins everytime lol
Apart from the EMINEM song "Singen For The Nation", I really prefer 80's music like Ghost Rider MP.
Electric Six.

Gáy Bar.

http://www.rathergood.com/gaybar

Wooo! Gáy Bar! Gáy Bar! Wooo!