« Back to All Topics
Browser Problem
Browser Problem
Browser Problem
So when clearing the cache and cookies fails, what's the next plan of attack?  My fastest computer at home has taken to insisting on redrawing the screen on every click and locking up almost everytime I load the market or inventory screens.

IE6, Win XP.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sandy
check out "game freezing" post....it wont exactly help but at least you're not alone :)
When Sandy doesn't know what to do...all hope is lost :'(
Heck.  Well, at least it's only happening on one of my computers... although sadly, it's happening on the only one fast enough to make possible the usage of my daily accumulation of 13k clicks in the time I have to spend on this game.

Sandy

I have been having the same issue Sandy.

Only solution I found is firefox as well.  Leaves a little reload lag between clix but very manageable compared to the 1 min+ lag I was getting on IE.

-Jag
It is happening to both of my 'puters and I hate to say it but not getting much help from up above (and I don't mean God).
LD
This problem is not impacting everyone, however. My game is playing like normal. The problem is specifically related to the interaction of the game with something which is in some systems, but not others.

For comparison I am running:
XP version 2002, service pack 2
on a pentium 4
I am running the same Thomas.
Intetmittant lagginess here too..

Same system as last two...I blame those intel chips:p (or maybe the people making them)
Just tried something...

Set your "search for newer versions of stored pages" to either 
never
 or only 
when starting a browser

so far so good!
I've just changed mine to every time you sign on to internet explorer, and that seems to have made things much better.
for those who can't find what cinder was talking about in the new IE 7 (or for those who never knew where it was before), go to tools > internet options.  in the "general" tab, under "browsing history", click on "settings".  that will bring the things up that c was talking about.  as for those in IE 6 still... i think it's somewhere in the internet options, but i can't remember where.
--jason
> Set your "search for newer versions of stored pages" to either never or only when starting a browser..

After eliminating a number of other possibilities, this is exactly the discovery I made this morning.  I made about 500 clicks after making this change and it only locked up once right at the beginning.

This is just a work-around for a new problem with the game.  I hope the powers that be are asking themselves where the problem suddenly came from.

Sandy

Ok I did what Cinder sugested and I still couldn't leave my house.  Since someone said it worked the 2nd time they tried it I logged out and back in again.  YEAH!  I got out of my house, but only made it two steps and froze.   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Back to stinky Mozilla.
Nice one Jason :) on IE6 its in temp int files / settings
mine was on every visit to page, changing to every time IE opens seems (fingers crossed - only tried a few clicks so far) to work yeyhayyyy!!!! :)

Thanks also to Cindy & Lucy (sorry in my excitement I missed your posts :) )
The first click or two are still a bit laggey but then works fine.