« Back to All Topics
Nail Thief Endangerment
Nail Thief Endangerment
Nail Thief Endangerment
Please please please don't splat the square just the teleport gate! The monsters in that square allow nail thieves to use the teleport gate square unmolested. Once that forest square falls, TA nail thieving will be a whole lot more difficult.

Any other square is just fine for splatting... knock all the monsters dead!
Forgot two words, it should read ...just north of the teleport gate....
Just an FYI, at the newly cleared north port square you can steal nails.  Yes it takes longer to steal nails and take them to a store but it is still a viable nail square.

Pyratic
Your also less likely to get a succesful steal from a mage square as well,

as Puffy Chinquo's 3rd lesson says: 
Mages don't like thieves, and tend to remind you with a choice spell or two.

although if we could get to a dark district square that would certainly be brilliant for the diamond nail industry
i believe there is no fighter district in the north, just like there is no mage district in the south
no dark district in north... no mage district in south.  but if memory serves me correct, there is a dark district somewhere on the island where nail thieving will be even more profitable as omni has pointed out.  though i believe it's still a ways away from where we are and where we're going.
--jason
Taken from the "news" link off the larkinor homepage

I wasn't just making it up, please don't think that i would do something like that

Extract from the brochure of the Royal Public Relations Office: 
Thord-Artin is the nearest island-kingdom to Larkinor. Its land is never short on mineral and ore supply, its forests are full with magical herbs, which makes the island a very desired target. 
Most part of the island is covered by rain forests, well hiding many ancient relics. Mount Carotta, running across the island from east to west, is often visited by pilgrim fighters of Thord-Artin. The great Magicans' War 8000 years ago had a big impact on the terrain. Both the desert Thara-Flamm and lake Thanuin are results of harsh fights. Blooming flora and colorful fauna had ruled the area before firemages turned it into a desert. The lake is the trace of waterwizards' magic. 
There are two cities located on the island: Thord and Artin. To the North, Thord is high and dry home of saman-mages and 
shifty thieves
, ruled by chief saman Takhat Lobbester. In turn, Artin is a prosperous town populated by clever merchants and tough fighter-monks. Artin's current ruler is Ariun XIII.

I am unsure of how it has been programmed here, since even though so many people tried to previously, I was only convinced by my own eyes when I thought they decieved me as I saw TA really has a different shape than the HUN-one. Didn't realise it from the map, but I was shocked I couldn't step on a spot I am used to in the other game. Anyways, in the HUN-version, there are 2-3 spots that classify as the dark district.
It doesn't matter. Nail stealing at north port for 100 clicks and then using 60 clicks to transport and sell the nails is not a viable option. If we want to maintain the ability to generate such easy wealth, then we have to keep that square.
And the Thronedern Monstologist strikes yet again.

So which is better:

1) The person knows exactly what he/she is doing and is doing it to affect the nail theives specifically.  I have a kind of respect (albeit begrudging, but respect none-the-less) for that sort of behaviour.

2) The person has no idea what he/she is doing.  It's hard to blame a person for overstepping a line they cannot see.

Sandy

Sandy, apparently, you're speaking of the block at the weapons shop. The silverhead-popper was me in this case, as I have already signalled it in chat. It was an accident which occured after I let free my first silverhead on that block. I rarely catch the monster since I know it's literally populated everywhere already. I was a bit shocked myself to get a repop, and most definitely didn't ever guess this could affect the nail thieves(I thought they operated besides the 55k block). I apologise for the populating of it, but here I must also state I had no idea this was the 12-th silverhead in the spot. Someone apparently _WAS_ bringing them in, 11 has been shipped over already. That is _not_ my doing. 
Concluding:

I appologise for the population. It was unintentional, although I was aware I had a 1/12 chance of getting the repop. I definitely know I will never try my luck in Las Vegas. Even though small debt-repayment, I'll do my best to make up for this in two ways:

-I can promise I'll never take one more brasshead, silverhead, or later, goldhead over(unless on the day of a new block opening, hoping for a first pop);

-Even though in severe need for drinks, my new TA-fighters will stay clear of the last bastion of the nail thieves, the 55k block.

+1: if it will eventually be cleared, I won't take anything to that block at all on which nail thieves are atm operating(again, with the exception of the day it's cleared(first pops)).

My apologies from all!
Oh well.  If 11 were already in place, it was just a matter of time until the Thronedern Monstologist completed his evil plan on his own anyway.

Thanks for owning up about your accident.  It probably wasn't fun reading my message above!  You should have seen the first version before my internal censor edited it.

I'd like to think the other 11 were accidents too, but I really can't.  The Thronedern Monstologist exists, I'm becoming more and more sure of it.  In fact, he or she should probably be called the Saboteur Monstologist since he or she doesn't seem to limit him or herself to thronederns as in the case of the alien civilisation's spokesman in the forest.

Sandy

>he or she doesn't seem to limit him or herself to thronederns as in the case of the alien civilisation's spokesman in the forest

i can bet this was an honest mistake.  i'm sure it was someone who wasn't aware that only monsters who drop non-sellable goods will drop anything on TA.  so i'd bet someone was planning to repop both the spokesman and delegate to be able to collect alien parts for the greater good.  unfortunately, they weren't aware that it wouldn't help.  that being said, it wasn't me.

--jason