Forums » The Larkinor Quest
Idea forum for in game improvements
Replies: 37   Pages: 3   Most recent reply posted by: jaysoccer (Jun 24, 2008 1:30 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 37   Pages: 3   [ Go: 1 2 3 » ]
Jagatai

Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 28, 2007 8:47 PM
Okay folks here it goes.

I have no idea how far this will go but I would like to start a discussion thread for ideas for our game. The catch here is that we are looking for ideas that will genertate traffic and keep people playing. Ideas like one time events, tournements, and the like that will not require major programming changes but will keep people checking in on their chars on a regular basis.

One of the ideas I had was a Double Exp day where on a random day it is announced that all monsters give you 2x exp when you kill them.

Another thought is a day when a certain Character Stat is doubled making some things easier to kill.

Love to hear some other ideas.

-Jag

luna

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 28, 2007 8:55 PM
I'd go for some tournaments!

Flyordie has Billiards tournaments, and it will be neat to have one done on a monthly basis (or whenever is best) for the Larkinorians.

If having a combat tourney is too much since lvls will make it a bit difficult.. what about a sort of "capture the flag" style? Capture a certain something and having to take it to certain stops, try and do so before another opponent captures it from you? Winners can get exp + clicks?

Jagatai

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 28, 2007 9:00 PM
That is a great idea Luna, incorporate the ballooning into it. Different goals etc. Or how about this, instead of rewards, you get Balloon Goal Points. Person with most balloon GP gets a reward. Or everyone over 50 gets extra clix etc.

flossyintn

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 28, 2007 9:02 PM
Since i have completed mission 53 i was thinking we could have a mission granting 2 or maybe even 3 imps mushrooms.That would be like gaining a whole lvl in 1 mission for dedicateed players.
A contest for diamond crowbars for the robbers.Since the house hat V posted a while back in the forums got put inoperable.I believe that was his wording.

just to name a few things that i have been thinking

Flossy

Jwb52z

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 29, 2007 4:35 AM
Personally, I'd like to see a great deal more atty point opportunities for SEMI characters so we don't have to be deficient compared to other "pure" characters and not have to choose a focus.

Mynok

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 29, 2007 9:18 AM
All of those ideas sound great. You mentioned generating more traffic, on how many search engines is Larkinor registered? I found FOD because of a search, but have never found larki. Many search engines allow sites to register for free or a very small, one-time charge.

jessito

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 29, 2007 10:35 AM
i actually found larki for the first time on another site but i m not sure its ok to post it here ..but it will be good if we can advertise it more on other sites yeah..
every day i get a mill adds for other games on my larki window yes it is kind of annoying but i was wondering if we can do that too on other sites?

T0URIST

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 29, 2007 2:15 PM
We could have a monthly tournament, say last Saturday in the month (or somthing like that). List 6 months of tournaments on the forum. It could be splatting or building or whatever. Maybe a robbing Tournie on a specific house filled with just money.

Example

Jan "splat" Tournie open to all characters under lvl 35.
Prize money (This could be funded by some of us who have several million tucked away, this may encourage more newbies to take part.)

Feb Tournie open to all characters between lvl 30 - 40.
Prize money splits entry money (Cost to enter tournie could be 200,000 silvers per character)

Mar "stealing" Tournie open to all characters any lvl.
Prize money splits entry money (Cost to enter tournie could be 200,000 silvers per character carried on them selves arranged at a certain time on a certain square)

Apr Tournie open to all characters under lvl 35.
Prize money.

May "Robbing" Tournie open to all characters any lvl
Prize money entering a specific house with different lvl traps (it could be filled with Treasures or just money)

June Tournie open to all between lvl 30 - 40.
Prize money splits entry money

If players know in advance they could save their clicks up to maximise their char to be able to take part. Would be nice to know if the mods could wangle some prize money from the developer or something too.

Just a couple of idea

~Tourist

tryordie22

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 29, 2007 9:31 PM
I know everyone wants tournys and things but people yesterday were talking about trying to get new people to play and to stay. I think one way for people to keep playing is to put chests or something in the missions so that when u are doing missions u can get things like wonderflasks to help you or potions, money, good wepons, jems to make things and maby and by a chance of good luck get an imp mushroom. should give people a reason to do the missions other then just to complete them to get stuff. i dont know if this would be a big change but it would make missions alot more fun.

jessito

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 30, 2007 9:35 AM
um actually you get a musroom when you complete a kings mission and in most missions when you kill monsters or answer the questions right you get weapons and other valuable items

tryordie22

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 30, 2007 6:01 PM
ok well i did not know that because i havent gotten that far in the missions. I did have a level 27 fighter at one time and i got to the mission were i had to get some unicorn horn and i answered and killed many animals right and never got a thing! so if i need to get to mission 50 to get things i dont think thats to fun or fair. You may also be talking about the bar missions but even still i think they could have more things for us in there, maybe new wepons u cant get anywere else and cant make them. y not have more or even have thoes things for lower level char. the point was to get more people and to keep them playing. u cant just give all the good stuff to the people that are level 40 and up. i think it would be a great idea to put chest and stuff to find in the lower missions for us newbees. so we can make some money get to ta and maby just maby have some fun and keep people playing and just maby get larki to launch and just maby make a game of it.

SandyT

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 30, 2007 9:25 PM
Well, besides level 100+ and clans, here are some ideas which greatly expand the current limits of the game:

Random monster drops. In my admittedly-limited RPG experience, it's pretty much unique to Larkinor that the items monsters drop when the die are pretty much set in stone.

Customizable / improvable items. Items that can be improved by "leveling them up" (through constant use or at the tower/fort) or by "building them up" (by adding in special "magical" items like runes or gems).

Random dungeon generator. (Always unique to you, and always relative to your level. Each time you take the stairs down, the monsters get tougher, but the rewards get higher.)

Sandy

tryordie22

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 30, 2007 10:59 PM
getting off of the missions thing cuz people dont aparently understand. I also think if u have multiple chars on your thing you should bebable to send money to eachother and wepons and whaterver else, and to other players. and to send messages. make a mailing system that would be awesome to make traids like that and have an auction house not some dumb market were u have to search threw millinons of stuff. or have it in catigoris so its not so huge.

Jwb52z

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 31, 2007 1:16 AM
try, what people are trying to tell you about the King missions is that each King mission gives you an imp mushroom. All you have to do is select "Eat Imp's mushroom" from the drop down menu to use the atty point it gives you.

jason_kroeker

Re: Idea forum for in game improvements Posted: Dec 31, 2007 6:00 AM
also try... things you are suggesting are things you want implemented in the game. but what's being asked for is things that will keep people playing regularly, and attract new players. if it's a difference between a bit more money found in a mission or leaving it as is... would you leave the game over that? or will you quit larkinor if you are never able to trade items directly between your char's? the more you get into the game, the more you'll realize how important things like difficult transferring of items is to the game. things like that make it more balanced, more difficult, more dangerous, and more fun... to those who like the challenges. at least that's my take on the matter.

as for putting the thread back on topic... small challenges would probably work very well. things similar to the digging event of a few years ago, or like someone suggested above, with robbing, fighting, digging, etc challenges, with a different one each month (or week if they were small). these things shouldn't require too much extra programming... just one extra counter the game keeps track of. and most of the time, a small cash reward would work well... wouldn't put the game out of balance. maybe the occational (every few months... twice a year, whatever) new or repeated but rare/priceless item could be the prize (such as the diamond shovel, possibly a golden crowbar, temporary thief-deflector for the pack, temporary extra trap space in the house, etc). by only offering silvers, special items (that break less often than the normal ones), or temporary advantages against attacks, character balance and the like wouldn't be affected (at least not much). those are my thoughts.

--jason

Replies: 37   Pages: 3   [ Go: 1 2 3 » ]

Back to Topic List      Top of the page