Forums » The Larkinor Quest
preserved squares (monstalogy)
Replies: 50   Pages: 4   Most recent reply posted by: Calhoun21 (Nov 27, 2009 8:43 PM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 50   Pages: 4   [ Go: « 1 2 3 4 ]
BEAVIS69

Re: preserved squares (monstalogy) Posted: Nov 9, 2009 3:45 PM
Just cleared another 600+ invaders - it appears we have lost our Oniongolem square. Probably others as they had advanced pretty far south.

-B

ilostmyotherself

Re: preserved squares (monstalogy) Posted: Nov 25, 2009 2:12 PM
It's been a while, please forgive me my noobness

Just clicked out three toons (most I can ever remember having without clicks lol) and would like to work on my monstologist next. Having been away for so long, I'm not sure how this is working.

I see that many squares were claimed for one monster or another, but those squares mostly say devoid of population. Am I correct in assuming that when the square has a few invaders added to it it loses all populated monsters? If so, what is the general game plan for monstology? Put them anywhere i want? Close to the front line?

I'd appreciate any help

Calhoun21

Re: preserved squares (monstalogy) Posted: Nov 25, 2009 11:12 PM
Let me preface this by saying that I by no means represent the majority opinion (if there is one right now), but will try to give you what insight I have. If I leave something out or misstate, I'm sure some kind soul will enlighten me...

The populations aren't lasting long due to the invasions as you correctly surmised. When selecting a harvesting square, the general trend has been as far from the front lines as possible to prolong its life. Selecting which monsters to populate has stemmed mostly from requests made on this thread or in chat. Because of the typical short life of these squares, populating a monster for a personal need has not seemed to create any dissent. I might add, when you do pop it, collect what you need in a timely manner, some squares have lasted only a few days.

Aside from that, the squares (especially those near the front lines) get wiped out very often, so 1st releases are abundant. Hope this helps, and happy dropping

--Cal

ilostmyotherself

Re: preserved squares (monstalogy) Posted: Nov 25, 2009 11:33 PM
Thank you for your help

The only problem I'm going to have is my level 12 boat. Any idea how long 25k clicks with a level 12 boat is going to take? lol

Calhoun21

Re: preserved squares (monstalogy) Posted: Nov 27, 2009 12:39 AM
Started a new vampire herb square on 10558, currently only necromancer grandmaster (lvl 35) populated. Have laid some ground work for other herb carrying monsters, but have not achieved any other repops

--Cal

Calhoun21

Re: preserved squares (monstalogy) Posted: Nov 27, 2009 8:43 PM
Another exercise in futility, the necro grand lasted less than 24 hrs

--Cal

Replies: 50   Pages: 4   [ Go: « 1 2 3 4 ]

Back to Topic List      Top of the page