« Back to All Topics
new building idea...
new building idea...
new building idea...
Hey gang, I'm assuming that there are many others out there who are bummed about the end of building opportunities on TA. I was hitting it pretty hard at the end, enough to get Dharga into the top 40. Kinda makes all those puttys, nubs, and nails worthless!

Actually, I had an idea for building more stuff if FOD would put it in. Since we've rebuilt all of the public buildings on TA, why not let us build houses there also. Instead of buying a house at the palace, you buy the lot/location in whatever district you choose and then build your house there just like building anything else. After putting in a certain number of stones you would have the equal of the level 1 house with the same features.. trap, chair, space, etc. Then you could build to level 2 and level 3 houses. After that point, they could open it up for higher levels with level 4,5, etc having corresponding number of traps and possibly enhanced chair benefits, along with more space.

I think this would have several benefits. We've been talking about things to keep people playing and this opens the construction field back up for people to work in. Also give another 'top list' entry to work for, who's built the biggest mansion on TA? Plus, going after a 4,5, or 6 trap house might really interest some of our light fingered brethren (assuming the experience and rewards are worth it.)

From FOD's standpoint, this should be easier to code and implement than another island or something like that. Seems like the existing code for buying houses and for building could be modified without the effort that goes into something like a game expansion. Also gives high levels a reason to keep working on the conquest of TA to get nubs and allow more building. Plus, it takes money out of the economy which is always a goal in RPG's like this one.

All in all, I hope the powers that be take this under consideration. I REALLY want that lake front dacha in the wilds of scenic TA!!
Think that the house idea is a pretty good one.

Are the building opportunities really finished though?Surely there must be other things to build on TA once the other squares are cleared? Just judging by the TA map, the magician distric doesn't even have a mage tower yet, and the dark district is only starting to get cleared. 
Well, I'm not 100% sure about no more buildings, just going by what has been here on forum from Sandy and the other high levels. (We're not worthy!!) Hopefully something will give us a chance to build some more.
from comparisons to the hungarian version, and conversations with people who have played there and with people who converse with the developpers of this game, i'm fairly certain there are no other buildings currently available on TA (that we haven't yet unearthed).  the hung game has a few large, special buildings (table, altar, and i think another, but i'm not sure) which we've pretty much been told do not exist in the english game.  and they've got a pub in the forest, on a square we've already cleared, and i've heard that pub was put in the hung game as an "afterthought" when it was requested by the players there.  so it's possible that by our petitioning, we might get more to build... but we might also be done with all and any building on TA.
--jason
Probably the only thing left to build will be the walls around the districts.Like me and Jason were talking about a little while back,(when the Diamond Shovels were brought into Larki) for building the walls around the city districts.But i do not know if they will even be built on T/A,or even if there will be any kind of reward for the diggers who build these walls like before but i think it will be a good idea to be implimented.Since there will be no more buildings to build.

Flossy
My kingdom for a Table (or an alter-even though I am not exactly sure what it does)

-sigh

-B (striking a dramatic pose and reciting his Richard III lines)
My thought would be this.  Another pub somewhere in the uncleared forest.

Couple reasons for this.  
1. Pub is already programed so it should be easy to add.
2. It will help the newest splatters
3. We could make it a 3MM (or higher) stone building requiring a bulk to get it complete.

This would keep the markets open in the 3 items.  Give builders something to do, make splatting worthwhile to uncover, and help new splatters.
It should go without saying that I LOVE the idea of reversing the Larkinor "tunnel project" by having a TA "wall building project".  Or add the TA walls programatically, and just have another tunnel building in this new location.  Or have a "collapse" on Larkinor and have another tunnel building.  Or maybe I should just beg for another diamond shovel event, and let the powers that be decide how to do it.

I think it is clear from the Luck toplist that very few (if any) of the original 100 diamond shovels are a) still in the game, b) in the possession of characters on active accounts, c) in the possession of characters who actually dig.

Those of us who actually have diggers would really enjoy the use of this special item.

Sandy

Agreed Sandy. A very welcomed thought.
I have a question that probably has been brought up before but here it goes; is it ok to sell our magic nubs at the store now that there is nothing more to build and no place on the market for them?
i vote for definitely
i've only done it a few times, but i fully understand that nubs will be sold in hoards to the stores now
--jason