« Back to All Topics
4,294,967,295 Silvers: Maximum Market Balance?
If I cared to consolidate most of the silvers on my SandyT account into Prospector's market balance, I could easily hit the 4,294,967,295 theoretical "limit" for market balances.  This number is equal to 2^32 -1, which is a common maximum size for unsigned integers in most programming contexts including Javascript (unit) and the MySQL database engine (int).

This amount became the theoretical market balance limit when it was noticed that this number appears at the top of the HU market balance top list.

Before I do attempt to exceed this number, though, I'd like to find out if it is advisable for me to do so.  What happens in HU when the guy with exactly 4,294,967,295 silvers in his market balance sells something on the market?  What does the developer of our game have to say about this... is market balance a 32-bit unsigned int?  What can/will be done if my market balance rolls over and starts back at 0?

Sandy
Sandy,

Please let me know when you plan on testing this. If your account is reduced to zero, I do not want to be logged on!  ;)

-B
There's a knock on your door and the prize patrol hands you an oreputty
Moderators/developers:

Before I do attempt to exceed this number, though, I'd like to find out if it is advisable for me to do so.

1) What happens in HU when the guy with exactly 4,294,967,295 silvers in his market balance sells something on the market?

2) What does the developer of our game have to say about this... is market balance a 32-bit unsigned int?

3) What can/will be done if my market balance rolls over and starts back at 0?

Sandy

Market and bank account balances are stored in long variables. Theoretical maximum is 9.223.372.036.854.775.807
gee sandy, I wanna see you max THAT one out!! lol
I wonder what they were doing in Hung... a joke?

Sandy go for it.  Love to see someone test out that maximum!!!
Eating humble pie now...

Sandy
I just noticed that the top character on the [url=
http://larkinordb.index.hu/larkitop/larki_toppiacpenz_0.html
]HU market balance toplist
/url] has 4,466,534,960 silvers... more than the initial theoretical limit mentioned above.

Sandy
I just noticed that they have people over 100 (117 was highest) for their experience lvl on that list. So for all those lvl 100 people...

-PMF 
PMF

how many over 100.  maybe when we get to a certain number of level 100's, then our 100's can move on. just a theory.
You could just click on the link that Sandy gave, but there were 9 over 100 on that list, probably even more that weren't on the list. My thought, I just think the developers need to update Larkinor.

-PMF
while the english game that we play is based on the hungarian game... we have been told (in not quite so many words), that our game will (and does) have an end.  we've been told it's not worth their while for them to develop it beyond a certain point, and more recently, we've heard that lvl 100 will be the end of our game.
--jason
 silvers earned with business

Yet another item crossed off my list of insane long term goals.

Since it would take approximately 3.074 billion years at my current pace to get to the Developer's stated maximum of 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 silvers, I will not be adding that to my list of goals.  10 billion silvers, however, is just a WHOLE LOT of market transfering away, and therefore IS on my list.

Sandy

>approximately 3.074 billion years

There's no downside to high aspirations!
Wow. Sandy, since you've been playing Prospector for a maximum of 1441 days, that amounts to an 
average
 daily deposit on the marketplace of 2.984 million. Impressive itself.

Actually, my calculation shows that it would take 8.468 billion years to reach the theoretical limit, but of course the silvers are amassed at a much faster rate now, so maybe there is hope..

EG
I used an estimate of my current Larkinor wealth (of about 13 billion), not just Prospector's wealth.  I figured if I was going to spend the time digging for 3 billion years, I'd probably be willing to spend a few weeks consolidating the moving into one account.

And since you mentioned it (read: since you showed just enough interest in this topic for me to carefully conceal my tendency to gloat), Prospector makes about 8.8 million per day these days.

Sandy

>8.8 million per day

The envy vested in me grows bigger daily.