Forums » The Larkinor Quest
Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Replies: 138   Pages: 10   Most recent reply posted by: will day (May 23, 2020 11:45 PM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 138   Pages: 10   [ Go: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  » ]
jason_kroeker

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Mar 18, 2008 3:34 PM
i agree sandy. while that would actually provide some means of showing who got there most efficiently, it's probably too useful to put there, since we haven't gotten upgrades very often
--jason

SandyT

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Mar 18, 2008 4:09 PM
Sorting by the Famepoints column (which already appears there for reasons which are inexplicable) would be a decent idea too. That way the 100ers could PvP between themselves to try and move up that mini-list.

Sandy

SandyT

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Mar 22, 2008 8:29 PM
> They will probably be ordering the winners in alphabetical order... I assumme punctuation (-***-) comes first this way

Callum made it to 100 a few minutes ago and is now listed first on the XP toplist. So character name has nothing to do with it. It could be ascending famepoints (which in my opinion is a bug), or perhaps it's descending date to give everyone their moment in the sun? Any other decent guesses?

Ralphthedog looks like he'll be next up. He has the least famepoints, so if either of the above theories are correct, he'll be first until someone lower comes along. Or until one of the other level 100ers loses a few hundred famepoints perhaps?

Sandy

RalphTheDog

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Mar 23, 2008 12:17 AM
Grats Sandy!

-RTD

BEAVIS69

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Mar 23, 2008 6:27 AM
Congrats, Sandy!

-B

SandyT

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Mar 24, 2008 2:56 AM
To answer my own questions:

> 1) Can you still kill monsters on TA and Larkinor?

Yes.

> 2) Do monsters on both islands drop the stuff they used to?

The ones I attacked certainly did.

> 3) Are XP gains still 100%?

No. 0%.

> 4) After killing a monster, the last line of the text usually is "You need XXXXXXXXXXXX more experience points for the next level!"... what does it say for you now?

The line mentioned about no longer appears after killing a monster, nor after stealing, robbing, digging, monstology or PvP. (Dunno about building... heh!)

> 5) Can you steal and/or rob?

Yes, and I leveled up each one just to be sure I could do that too.

> 6) Can you build level 100 equipment?

Well, the armour doesn't seem to exist: You try to make something from these components... but nothing happens. Perhaps the details of the recipe are wrong?. I'll check the recipe on HU tomorrow and try again. Maybe I'll try the weapons too, but I think it's safe to assume the level 100 kit was left out.

> 7) Is there anything in the level 100 supply tent? If so, what is there?

I've added it to the Supply Tent article.

> Other notes:

- I can still accept and do pub missions.
- Famepoints were earned during the PvP testing (thanks to flossy and Boo who each donated a famepoint in the name of Larki-science).
- I can still earn weapon skill percentage points, although it would take a few days worth of clicks to see if I can level it up. Finally catching up my p/s weapon skill sounds like something worthy of my OCD.

Sandy

Mombassa

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Mar 24, 2008 4:26 AM
Congrats on hitting level 100 Sandy!

jessito

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Mar 24, 2008 2:11 PM
grats on reachin 100 sandy!

SandyT

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Mar 25, 2008 2:04 PM
Thanks everyone.

None of the following level 100 recipes work: full granite armour, wraithhelm, skivian pocketcannon, magma handle (an "intermediary component" as they were once called, required for the level 100 magmahammer). I bought the barman a bunch of drinks and didn't get any level 100 recipes... which probably isn't saying much, as I only got one level 99 recipe. I'm flogging a dead horse at this point.

I was able to level up my p/s skill.

Anyone have any other ideas for testing the limits of level 100? It would appear that all XP gains have been shut down, and that level 100 items don't exist, but that everything else remains the same.

Sandy

BEAVIS69

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Mar 27, 2008 12:32 PM
While the lack of gaining XP after hitting lvl 100 is not surprising, I am surprised that one can not even build the level 100 armor/weapons.

Doesn't quite seem right since, according to the game, you've met all requirements to achieve lvl 100. If the 101+ equip is unavailable - that would make more sense.

Now if the items could not be obtained because they reside on >100 monsters (which have not been released) the inability to build would make sense, but I thought all 'missing' components were available at the tent.

-B

SandyT

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Mar 27, 2008 12:39 PM
Ingredients weren't the problem. They are all available as monster drops except for the phantomlight lantern, and it is in the supply tent for 200 credits. It's the recipes which don't work. I only tried the four that would be useful to Callum, but it's safe to assume that all level 100 recipes have been left out.

Sandy

jason_kroeker

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Mar 27, 2008 2:54 PM
>They are all available as monster drops except for the phantomlight lantern, and it is in the supply tent for 200 credits
i believe it's safe to say that this is available on larki, just that the monster hasn't been seen yet. i noticed in the high 90's and low 100's, there aren't the normal 8-monsters-per-level listed on larkiguide, indicating that likely some aren't yet in the larkiguide database. hopefully someone who shows up there soon will be able to add any new monsters, and confirm that the level on which all monsters are currently listed is correct.
--jason

RalphTheDog

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Mar 27, 2008 3:24 PM
I've killed the dude that drops the lantern.. he's tough but I got 2 of em.

-RTD

SandyT

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Apr 7, 2008 4:14 PM
Congratulations Ainuan!

So it definitely looks like the third sort criteria is famepoints ascending... which doesn't make sense to me. Can we get that changed to famepoints DESCENDING by any chance, or do we really want the level 100 characters "accidentally" losing famepoint battles to get to the top of the list?

- Oops, I'm wearing my sword on my feet and carrying my boots in my hand... again!

- Silly me, I forgot I was at 1 hp when I attacked you... again!

- Oh yeah, I clicked that "put worn items into your backpack" button... again!

- Why didn't my spells kill you? Oh yeah, this is my fighter. I'm so forgetful.

- Doesn't everyone steal naked?!

Sandy

BEAVIS69

Re: Grats on reaching lvl 100 ade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted: Apr 7, 2008 5:40 PM
You feel more powerful! You've reached level 100!
You feel your experience has reached its limit. There is nothing new to be taught to you in this world any more.

Sandy,
Better check the Top List again, I just threw my Mengornian Monkey Wrench into your theory!

-B

Replies: 138   Pages: 10   [ Go: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  » ]

Back to Topic List      Top of the page