« Back to All Topics
rapid firing
Posted in 
Tanx
rapid firing
Posted in 
Tanx
rapid firing
My brother wants to know if some of you have found a way to rapid fire in this game?

I've noticed most of the players with higher scores have the ability to fire 2-3 shots to every 1 shot he shoots.

Have they changed something in the game again?

This is getting rediculous.
he is right the so called top players seem to fire at least 3 to my one i only have a dial up connection and a p3 650 i think that has a lot to do with it they have cable modems and top of the range pcs but they call it skill but i dont lol         
I only shhot like that with lag.3 to 2 at once

lag would likely be the problem here, even if it was minor lag.  If your computer fails to get the data packets in the right time, then when it does get it then, in order to stay on track with the other computers, it speeds up the action.  A small bit of this catching up over long times will mean that the other people's tanks seem faster and shoot more often.

And with such a time-sensitive game like tanx where things happen fast, lag and high ping times like this are extremely problematic.
Nope that's not it, I have a fast connection and computer and I still can not fire nearly as fast as some players even though I'm hitting the trigger as fast as I can... I agree, I think there's a secret out there that is not being shared with all... Because it's not simply our imagination that some can fire much faster than others... :)

canTANKerous :D
FOD Moderator
I wonder if cantankerous is on to something, I have a good pc, pent 4@1.6 ghz-256 mb @ 1.6 mhz but only dial up connection, But i have noticed players with high ranking do shoot alot faster than me and there tanks seem to turn and move faster. I get 1 shot off and they have allready shot at me 3 times (hopefully missing me).is there a secret that we dont know, or is it in dial up connection.

I wouldn't know, i haven't played in a month, but click as fast as you can, snake, it might actually be some of the internet connections
i think so 2..i agree with this topic..i seen Taliban_Forces throwing like 3 grenades within 1 or 2 seconds of each other..i try to do it and it wont even load the grenade aftr i throw it so theres something going on here;)
canTANKerous, even though your connection and computer is good (note that I highly disagree that the computer type is even in the whereabouts of our problem here, fact being that the internet connection, regardless of the type, is always the slowest area of data transfer, and would therefore be the first thing which would be suspect), your ping time to the server can still remain low.  Even in high-speed connections, distance still greatly affects the speed, and among other things including how many people in your local area are using that connection, which still deteriates play.

Perhaps as a moderator of an online website, you would know of what I speak?  If so, then you must now realize the second problem, and then make a conclusion about how this could be better resolved on the part of FlyorDie.
lol....lag is a problem for all i suspect at times
time your shots
only click once per shot seems to make my shots equal or more effective than other players
rapid clicking sends too many simultaneous commands
pick your shots and youll fire just as fast as anyone else
DUCK

It may be lag but what I notice is my rocket cannon will not re-adjust to a new target.  As the target moves, and I right click on the new location, the rocket still fires to the old location.  Is this lag or something else.
theres always about a 1 second delay to shoot, so clicking really fast wont help get your target. which is why you have to predict your target will be by the time your shot gets there.
How do you fire two grenades in rapid succession? Do you still use the cntl button?
Yes but once you are about to fire the second grenade the imformation about where you are shooting and how far you are shooting is invisible for a short while oi i have no idea how:_(