« Back to All Topics
level 100 weapons
level 100 weapons
level 100 weapons
Is there any chance that level 100 characters would be able to get their new weapons?

I am not asking to release the 'regular' component dropping beasties. Maybe just add to the level 100 supply tent?

If I'm not mistaken, the TA monsters up to level 104 were released (can someone confirm?) which leaves level 100 fighters at a disadvantage.

Even if these beasts were not released, this ribcrusher is looking a bit ragged.

Thanks,
-B
Agreed!  We have the level 100 tent and access to all the ingredients we need, but the recipes just don't work, which I imagine means they haven't been added to the game.

If I'm not mistaken, the only items we can't build due to non-availability of ingredients are the slingshots on levels 83-86 since they require items (compass, parachute, banana peel and badge) that are dropped by monsters on levels 105-108, and are not included in the tent.

Level 99 kit on a level 100 character does seem to have a rather unsettling asymmetry, doesn't it?

Sandy

Well! That's been giving me a bit of an advantage now, hasn't it!! ;)
Hello?

I'm fairly certain that we will not get the answer that we are hoping for, but no answer is getting old.

I would like to get Phoenix back to clearing TA, but having to use level 99 equip has proven challenging.

Thanks,
-B
Would it really be that hard for a programmer to feed the information for level 100 equipment into the game?  There's more longtime player at level 100 who would keep playing given the right weapons. Isn't it worth $20 of programming time to keep players like SandyT, Beavis, and others clicking?

Come on FOD, we're not asking for a major undertaking. The level 100 s/s weapon is already in there expect for building it.
Hmmm. The lvl.100 magmahammer has a higher possible damage with big scatter, but the lvl 99 ribcrusher has higher average damage. if i had a lvl 100 char, i would prefer the ribcrusher.
Would you not like the protection of level 100 armor?

-B
FULL GRANITE ARMOR BABY! 

Even based on my limited knowledge of computer programming it wouldn't be that hard to add 9 (correct me if im wrong) new items to the game to please all the lvl 100'ers who've played the game more than anyone
OK, FOD. Two months have passed since I initially posted this simple question. I'll try to make this as easy as possible for you. Since typing an actual response appears to be far too time consuming, can you maybe respond by typing one of the following letters...

A) We appreciate your business, and we are looking into this.

B) Yes it is possible, and we plan on implementing the level 100 equipment, but other more important game improvements have taken precedence.

C) No. Take the hint. Save your money. 

-B

I wonder if it's just that the HU recipes are wrong.  The level 100 s/s magmahammer is obviously part of the game... we just haven't been able to build it.

How many wine clicks have you done in the pub?  I did about a day's worth of clicks, but only got one level 99 recipe, nothing higher.

Sandy
Sandy, how did you manage to get the level 100 Magmahammer ?

Sec
He got it from the Story-writing contest that Veriac held a while ago (first place got a golden shovel, one free item and something else I believe.)
FOD, V, anyone?!

4 months now and absolutely no response. Not even one of  Veriac's patented cryptic quips.

I honestly thought that after others jumped on board (specifically Sandy), that there would be some feedback. But since he was able to get his weapon through other means (conspiracy theories abound)...

A new approach then. One that probably shouldn't be ignored (Ha!) Since this directly effects character building. If the level 100 weapons are not going to be available, then it makes no sense to assign more than 66 to dexterity (66 * 1.5 = 99). But if someone follows this logic and the reason is as simple as a wrong recipe, they will have no way of wielding level 100 weapons once reaching level 100 and assigning all atty points.

-B ( working the angles)
The way I see it there are 2 very simple ways to keep the lvl 100's playing.

1. Get the upgrades to level.
2. Allow them to continue to gain exp, even if they cannot level up.

This will evoke that competitive nature in all of us that made it here and give the opportunity to change that top spot going forward.

Just a simple though from a simple man.
> How many wine clicks have [we] done in the pub? I did about a day's worth of clicks, but only got one level 99 recipe, nothing higher.

Sandy
I did not think to count clicks, but 1000 would be a conservative estimate.

I have never seen a level 100 recipe.

-B