« Back to All Topics
Weapon skill
Weapon skill
Weapon skill
I was thinking about having a weapon skill far above the needed level, would there really be much benefit for this? and would it start to get harder and harder to level up like magic?
There is some benefit to advanced weapon skill, you get a roughly 2 point bonus for each skill level above your level.
and yes, it would get harder and harder to level, like magic.
--jason
Jason, I don't recall it ever getting hard to level weapon skill.
sorry to be stupid but when you say bonus points what do you mean?
>Jason, I don't recall it ever getting hard to level weapon skill.
i'm pretty sure, like magic... it gets harder and harder to get it up to the next lvl, if you're above your current level.  part of keeping the game more balanced.  seems to me that if you're at lvl 30, weapon lvl 30, you can increase 1% of weapon skill after so many fights, and then once you level up to 31 weapon skill (still lvl 30), it would take longer to increase each % at that point.  been a while since i've paid attention to anything like that though, so someone could do a test with a lower lvl char and prove me wrong if they'd like ;)

>sorry to be stupid but when you say bonus points what do you mean? 
valid question... thomas just means damage points that you do.  the formula includes things like strength and dexterity, but also includes an increase for weapon skill above level (which thomas has found to be about 2/level).

--jason
There was a post about this but I can't find it now..... it explained that the more lvls above your character lvl your weapon/magic skill is the harder it is to lvl up to the next 1.... It could have had a formula for it if I remember correctly.....
Bonus = extra damage done when you hit something.

Ok... I believe it gets marginally harder to level your weapon skill for each weapon skill level. I believe it depends on total damage done and the needed total damage increases with skill level. I thought magic skill increases are even more dependent on magic skill level. A lot of players have VERY high weapon skill levels, whereas magic skill is much harder.