« Back to All Topics
Valiant (K.V.) an enterprising clan.
Welcome to the Valiant forum page.

What are we?

Valiant is a clan or brotherhood tailored to supporting and developing the skills of thieves & robbers.

What can we do for you?

Here you will be among fellow associates who can provide support, encouragement and development of your characters skills. This can be done by discussing techniques, organising events, and sharing resources.  
We can provide you with a safe place to stay, all the free drinks you can manage (once the bar has been built) and the most important thing…….fun! 

What can you do for us?

Founding members.

Initially we would ask that when you register your interest to join our “clan”, you not only sign up your robber or thief but also submit an application for an additional character that can contribute to our cause as a fighter, a mage or a digger. By doing this it will help balance our brotherhood and enable us to achieve and complete clan missions, provide resources and help build our house. You will be involved in the decision of where to locate the house and the recruitment of potential members.

Members

We ask that you be dedicated to improving and maintaining the brotherhood, and are willing to participate in joint activities to better the group.

Are we the right clan for you to join?

We are seeking robbers with a robbing level of 150+ and thieves of stealing level of 200+. We ask that you only join if you are willing to spend time on improving your skills, and are willing to dedicate time to improving the clan.

How to join.

Register your interest here or pop in to the administration hall at the palace. Just tell us your characters name, XP level  and special talent (robber/ thief/ fighter/ mage/ digger).

How to use this page.

Feel free to use this page to post encouragement to other members during missions, tasks and events, or for any achievements or gloating you feel is necessary.

~Tour
A serious robber / thief clan is interesting.

My concern is the statement "Clans are allowed to select 
a
 bonus with each new level earned."

Before Mega and/or Meph join (both currently #1 in robbing/stealing respectively)I would want to know which bonuses will be chosen.

level 1: I am guessing that the b-pack capacity is most logical

level 2: In my opinion robbing is far easier than stealing since the game was changed many moons ago. So I think the Stealing Skill boost would be more beneficial.

level 3: (here's the rub) Since thus far the clan is only benefiting thieves. If this clan is open to all members of the nefarious arts, then the robbers are getting the shaft. Do we then forego the bonus clicks at level 3 to benefit robbers with the level 2 bonus? In addition, we have no idea how long it may take to reach level 3.

I just want to initiate this discussion before I join. Since my digger and pure fighter would prefer other bonuses, they will be joining other clans (I guess). Also, Meph is rather skilled with a blade, so I am gussing that he can assist in that capacity as well.

Everyone's thoughts on this matter are hereby solicited.

-B
Beavis,

As far as the thieving bonus at level 2, my question would be.. does the thieving bonus apply to your thief level, or to your computed chance to steal on any given try (however that is computed)? Plus, does thieving work like robbing.. i.e. chance of success figured from ability points and then level determines the amount stolen.. or is it different?

Also, given the typically low numbers of players online at any given time, I figure the thieving bonus would be of much less use than the robbing bonus, especially since they completely nerfed the NPC thieving.

My other thought is that the click bonus at level 3 is pretty much worthless. An extra 4 clicks per clan level is pretty much nothing as far as I can tell, and even if it is 4 * (clan level) * (char level) still doesn't seem worth the amount of work it takes to get it and I for one have a hard time keeping up with my 3 chars clicks as it is. So if we wanted to take the robbing bonus for level 2 and the thieving for level 3, it would probably be OK.

Just my 1.5 cents worth!! (da Rat)  :)
>given the typically low numbers of players online at any given time
given the clan missions, i'd bet there will be a lot more people busy on larkinor these days... :p
--jason
Clan mission 1. 

2009-01-08 23:22 The clan has successfully completed mission "Search For Ancient Relics".

2009-01-08 23:22 You earned 10 clan point(s).
2009-01-08 23:22 You have reached clan level 1.
2009-01-08 23:22 You need 90 more clan points for the next clan level!

Clan mission 2
2009-01-08 23:27 The clan has undertaken mission "Forge Cornerstone".
Apologies in the delay responding to the enquiry about our loyalty point’s scheme.  This has given me the opportunity to have a brief discussion with a deputy of the clan; as a consequence the following decisions have been made.

Level 1

Extra backpack capacity: +5 or +3 kg carrying capacity by CL

Level 2

A poll has been created to allow the founding members the opportunity to have an input in the development of the clan. 
Dude wif a hat
 will not be voting in the poll unless there is a tied decision, at this point he will have the casting vote. All members are asked to consider very carefully the statements made in previous posts on this page before submitting their answer. The poll is open for 7 days, at the close of this poll the results will be posted on this page and also on the clan info page.
Keeping in line with our clan ethos the choice is either 
Increased Stealing Skills: +2 or +1 stealing skill by CL
 or 
Increased Robbing Skills: +2 or +1 robbing skill by CL

Level 3

Extra clicks: +4 or +2 clicks by CL

Hope this helps.

~Tour

JK - looks like you might be right from the numbers the last couple of days! (da Rat)
Hey all... two things..

First, does anyone have level 38 stuff on the market that they could drop the price on so I could borrow it to complete a few missions? 

Second, we need to contact Sandy and get him to set up our private forum on Larkiguide. (That guy thinks WAY too hard about this game!! :) ) 
I have requested a forum for our clan, as soon as sandy has time.
Cool, Tour. Figured someone had already done so, after I read that Sandy is out of town for the weekend.

Also, before I vote on the level 3 benefit, has anyone figured out the answer to my earlier question regarding stealing? Does stealing level improve your chance to steal or just amount you get on a success? Still curious.

da Rat :)

err... that shoulda read level 2 benefit..
Actually, I am curious about the level 3 benefit.

Does anyone really feel that the few extra clicks are that beneficial?

Or, if this is a true robber/thief clan, should we pick a benefit that would truely benefit both careers?

Meph has yet to join, and from what I just discovered is that he will have missed out on the clan points from mission #1 just like Mega did. (frustrating)

-B
Firstly dharg, I don’t know the answer to your stealing question, maybe Beavis would be kind enough to help out on answering this one, since his stealing level is far superior to mine. Secondly if you still need help with upgrade stuff catch me in chat and I’ll see what you need and what I can do.

Beavis, since the clan update is all still very new I am still finding my feet and no decisions about the bonuses are set in stone. When I posted my response to your enquiry about bonus levels I was not fully aware of what and how we were able choose. The developer has now answered my question about being able to pick lower levelled bonuses, and I agree that this would be a much better option than choosing the extra clicks from level 3. 

I have recently requested a forum page on Sandy’s larkinor guide site which he has kindly set up. I will shortly be putting a couple of posts on there for discussion (as soon as I have time), one of which is to discuss the bonuses so that everyone can have their say if they choose to do so, and I would welcome any input or ideas you might have.

I appreciate your frustration at missing out on the first mission’s clan points but I was unaware how quickly the first mission would be completed. 

~Tour

First everyone should join our Forum on Larkinorguide. There are some conversations that we should keep among clan members.

I had an idea that I want to bounce off of all clanmembers. Since there are 2 of us that mised out on clanpoints and there are others that might like to join. Before we go much further, is it possible to disband and immediately restart the clan? Give everyone a chance to join the mission and reap the reward. Mega is only waiting for those silly egoplasm and will have next task completed. And I don't think there are enough active robbers/thieves to start a 2nd clan.

I see that several have already completed the task. Since the stone has not been placed, it should remain in inventory, right?

Just curious.

-B

> is it possible to disband and immediately restart the clan?

No!  From the first page of Clans help:

"If you quit or get booted from a clan you cannot join another one for 15 days."

Sandy
and even to wait 15 days... anyone who has made their life essence, and "put it down" in the clan room, will have lost that item (and therefore their imp's mushroom) forever.
--jason
As above.

If we took the decision to disband the clan it would produce a few problems, firstly at least one of the members/characters has now completed all 54 missions which means there is no way to get another an imp mushroom that is needed to complete the second mission, since the mission item has already been handed in at the clan hall.  This would mean that character could not join another clan until after both clan mission 1 & 2 had been completed. Secondly all members would have to wait that 15 days before they could rejoin another clan; this is stated in the rules.
Might I also point out that 10 clan points are really not going to make or break you in the long run?  I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for clan points and there are going to plenty of people running around with 10 (or more) fewer clan points than others.  (Me included, for a different character.)  It's all part of the game.  And I personally am very grateful to the other players who completed the first mission; having spent 7 hours hunting for relics one night, I can say anyone who missed out on the first mission truly ought to be thankful.  ;)
7 hours?!  We diggers may not be at such a disadvantage after all.  Once we learned a trick, it took about 5 minutes to find all 5 remaining relics!

Sandy

Yep.  'twas not my happiest of nights...
sry 'bout that Sneakythief

they are on the market at 50%

-B
Tour-

never thought I'd win that battle!
Meph is sure to get booted - now!  lol

-B
Hihihi2 could you please come into chat to discuss your application from TheShadowOfDeath to the valiant clan. Catch either lilgyp or myself (T0URIST).

Cheers

~Tour
Dear clan members

There will be 2 event/ challenges running over the Easter break for KV members. If you have not signed up to the Larkinorguide.com forum could you please do so if you wish to participate in the events? Event info will be posted on the KV forum page in the next couple of days.

~Tour

Hi...There are no active mission, right?
No, I'm very afraid that many of these clans have died out.
Dadax..

You should be able to do the clan entrance missions now that I've accepted your application. It'a been a couple of years, so don't remember them that well, but you can find all of the info you need either here in the forum or on www.larkinorguide.com/forum. Good luck!

dhargaman (Dharga, Stainlessteelrat)
 "..but you can find all of the info you need either here in the forum or on www.larkinorguide.com/forum..." 

I do not have permission to access the part of the forum dedicated to Valiant Clan :-(

"Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum." :-(

1) Mission  "Search For Ancient Relics": I accidentally clicked Join Mission ... I can not complete :-( I do not do it anymore :-(

2) Mission "Forge Cornerstone": done OK ! :-)

3) Mission "Lay Cornerstone" : I accidentally clicked Join Mission ... I can not complete :-(  I do not do it anymore :-(

4) Mission "Build Clan House" :  I'll try to get me 20-25 breathing cornerstones...  I will tell you.
I am interested in entering House Inspector (#14 on robbing toplist) and my Mage (level 30 - find him at 75 pers on the pers toplists)

I haven't done the clan missions in 2 years though, is there an explanation of the entire process and what is needed?
Tyler,Dadax

Should be able to find the info either in the forum or on www.larkinorguide.com. I'm an officer, so will be able to accept your clan apps. (Already did yours, Dadax)

Good luck w/ the missions. Been so long for me also that I don't remember much about them.
Dadax, you have to request permission to join the specific clan forum.  The clan moderator has to approve your request and she no longer plays but I'm friends with her so I can make sure she accepts your request.

-lil
Dear Clan members

We are trying to rebuild the clan house, this means 100% participation from all members. You have until Jan 31st to login and accept the mission or I will boot you from the clan. You can rejoin later if you wish or indeed still play. If you wish to join the clan you are more than welcome to do so aslong as you are willing to undertake the missions, 

Cheers Tour
I have a couple questions for when you get your clan working again.  First, do you have to rebuild your life-essences and do you get your imp's mushrooms back?  And second, do items that were in the storeroom at the time of the clanhouse's collapse reappear or are they lost forever?

I'm just curious.  Hope all goes well with your clan re-building.
I can at least answer the first question:  Yes, you get your imp's mushroom back.