« Back to All Topics
Hey Everybody
Hey Everybody
Hey Everybody
Now I know this is an ingame forum but I was wondering if any of my old friends could help me with something:

I'm drawing up some sort of questionnaire and I noticed theres a bit more larki activity and wondered if u fancied taking part? They're quite simple questions and hopefully will be a bit of fun. Its for a current project am working on and would be very greatful :D

So here goes:

1) What 3 things would you have if you were stranded on an island (not limited to just objects)..

2) In order of preference what would you miss? (can list as many things you want)

3) What would you find difficult about being on an island?

Ok that's it nd you don't have to answer them all.... thanks everybody :D hoe you're having fun in the game, are clans out now or what, hearing rumours lol... :p

Katie
I just got back from a long days work and I will have a think about what I would really like/miss/find difficult.... 
Here is a start....

1) A Passport, a planeticket, a taxi to the airport....then I wouldn't be stranded anymore... :)
2)My job, my rats, my wife.....
3)Other than the price cigarettes and that there's always someone wants to either beat you up or nick ur wallet, nothing really... I survived in the UK for 29 years... :)
1) What 3 things would you have if you were stranded on an island (not limited to just objects)..

Michael Phelps, a gold medal and a saddle.

2) In order of preference what would you miss? (can list as many things you want) Family, cat, computer, Larkinor

3) What would you find difficult about being on an island?

Nothing, see 1)
1. A book on boat making, tools, and some lumber
2. My freedom, cats, and internet
3. The smoke beast that chews up and spits out anyone who dares enter the forest.  :p
Goooooooooooood morning Noo

Well, I have two answers to your first question.  The first set is what i would LIKE to have, the second set is what I would be more likely to have on me when it happened, as if I were able to choose what to take I could likely have chosen not to be stranded :p

1a.  First aid kit, Zippo/fluid, hunting knife.
1b.  Candy bar, purse filled with completely useless junk/trash, book.

2.  Internet, books, internet, cigarettes (yeah I know), internet, and lastly, internet.

3.  No internet (bet you didn't see that coming :p), lack of companionship, and the utter loss of the disposable, have-it-your-way-and-have-it-right-now society we've built ourselves.

Good luck on your project :)
TeT
> 1) What 3 things would you have if you were stranded
> on an island (not limited to just objects)..

One bottle of beer which refills automatically (magically?); Satellite uplink to the Internet and appropriate gear to go with it; Ham radio.

> 2) In order of preference what would you miss? (can
> list as many things you want)

My kid; Football (the European real thing); Mail order.

> 3) What would you find difficult about being on an
> island?
> 
Limited dating opportunities.
> 1) What 3 things would you have if you were stranded on an island (not limited to just objects)..

My family, our health, and enough time to set up our new life before the weather croaks us.

> 2) In order of preference what would you miss? (can list as many things you want)

Experiencing the perfect imperfection of other people.

> 3) What would you find difficult about being on an island?

I have often wanted to strand myself on an island (with or without my family) to experience long-term survival on the edge between life and death.  This is an experience which seems near unattainable in a first-world country such as the one I live in.  There are safety nets almost everywhere in the first world and it takes decades of dedicated self-abuse to "bottom out" to the point where you find yourself on the edge of survival... and by then YOU are your own biggest risk, not your environment, which is not quite the same experience as being stranded on an island.

To get back to your question (and to avoid it in yet another way), I wouldn't be thinking about the experience as "difficult".  "Difficult" is an internal state of mind and has nothing to do with external conditions.  I wouldn't find anything about it difficult.  I would embrace the incredible opportunity.

Sandy