« Back to All Topics
A Day in the Life...
A Day in the Life...
A Day in the Life...
After singlehandedly annihilating over 700 invaders, Blumschatten trudges back down the landbridge feeling steadily better as her miracle satchel takes effect.

Ahead of her she spots an army of 5 monsters.  She mutters curses at them, but her spell backfires.  60 curse! she checks herself just in time, downs an aqua dei, and rushes into battle.  You would think after all the curses she's had thrown at her over the years, she would have mastered that spell by now.

Finishing off those intrepid 5, she keeps an eye out for more invaders from either side.  They could jump out at her at any moment.

It seems to be clear though, and she pauses on a mountain top to catch her breath.  Lately, she's felt alone here on TA; she hasn't even spotted a fellow splatter in weeks.

"Hello!" she calls out.

"Hello!" a voice cries back.

Then another, fainter, "Hello."

Blumschatten smiles to herself.  There were still a few of the good guys left on TA.  She turns back to the target square, and manages to take down another 50 before her arm grows too heavy to lift her sword.

Maybe she was on the wrong square.  She'd have to remember to ask the others next time she saw them, but for now, she decided to head home for some much needed rest.

-ezekial

*for those of you not quite getting my subtle hint: while I do enjoy having 3 of the top 10 splatting positions now (Sandy, where'd you go?), the square seems to be falling awfully slow.  Come on, TA Army (and other splatters), dust off your hammers and axes and head on up to TA!
The game is doomed to fall steadily into a more severe state of decline unless the game receives updates more than once every two years.
Nice post eze!

Tyler is right this game does need some updates, some regular events from FOD parts would be nice i can't see why it would be hard to organise!
My interpretation of the problem:
It's question of willingnes and business understanding from FOD or in other words the chicken egg problem. We say "Do events, introduce updates and the players (money) will come" they say "Number of players is decreasing, it's not worth investing our time (money) into updates or events".
>My interpretation of the problem:
>It's question of willingnes and business understanding >from FOD or in other words the chicken egg problem. We say >"Do events, introduce updates and the players (money) will >come" they say "Number of players is decreasing, it's not >worth investing our time (money) into updates or events".

Well this was their fault in the first place. Larkinor had many active subscribers in 2006 and 2007, most of whom quit due to a lack of any updates at all. They can't use the latter excuse.
>My interpretation of the problem:
>It's question of willingnes and business understanding >from FOD or in other words the chicken egg problem. We say >"Do events, introduce updates and the players (money) will >come" they say "Number of players is decreasing, it's not >worth investing our time (money) into updates or events".

Going from what misko said, I'd love to know what game is being updated on FOD?
Propaganda pamphlet to be distributed to the invading army on TA:

Are you tired of the constant fighting?
Tired of the long hours in the trenches?
Tired of fighting a losing battle?
Are you angry that you are stuck on the frontlines while your generals plan strategies from unseen locations?

We know you grumble about the unfairness of it.  After all, what do those generals know about strategy?  
You're
 on the frontline.  
You
 could plan better strategy.

Well, it's time to take action!  You have numbers on your side!  Band together and overthrow your dictators!  Demand more what'sits and drinks for your efforts!  Demand shorter fighting hours!

You can be the change you wish to see!

Why invade squares that will be ripped away from you within a day when you can walk right up to your leaders without any resistance?

The larkinorian fighters aren't there every minute - they eat, they sleep, they sit around a chatroom (er...campfire) and tell jokes.  Yet they are winning this battle.

You too can have the joys of a good night's (day's?) sleep and relief from your battle fatigue.  

Refuse your generals' demands for invasion!
Battle only at the hours you want!
Take charge of yourself and your army!

Now is your chance!  Turn against your unsuspecting generals!  A what'sit and md for every man (monster)!

You
 are the leader your army needs!

LOL!! Nice post, 'Zeke! Definitely got a chuckle out of that one! :D
Hmmm...I'm not sure if the TA monsters can read.

Oh, and our supply tent needs rebuilding :p